Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    And Switzerland going so far as to shoot down both Allied and Axis aircraft for violations of their airspace isn't neutrality? Is there any evidence the Swiss purchased gold from Germany knowing some of it was taken from the Jews?
    The Swiss benefit from some pretty unique geographical advantages that make them an unappealing target. Its great they were able to maintain the political stance they wanted but you can hardly hold it against the Swedes who didn't have the advantage of being ringed in mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i can tell you for an absolute fact that this is not accurate. a couple of weeks ago my cousin was hit by a hit-and-run driver in new orleans. the cops didnt bother to try to find the driver. the hospitals refused to treat him because he had no insurance. they actually released him, his dad had to drive down from tennessee to get him. the injury? his thigh was laid open almost to the bone from about 3 inches from his pelvis to about 2 inches from his knee
    This is what we call "Super Illegal" and "lawsuit territory."

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yeah, a surplus on paper, but the debt kept rising. That's not a surplus.

He got close and there would have been a surplus within another year or two if his policies were continued, but it wasn't there yet.
    And compare to where Bush left the country in 2009. If a democrat had been this good with the money like Bush was we would never hear the end of it how terrible democrats is with handling the economy but when a right winger does it oh it doesnt matter, Yeah it fen matters We are starting to see a trend Reagan was terrible on the deficit he runned it up like a drunk sailor runs up a tab in the bar and Bush and Bush did the same thing.

And folks that thought Romney doing the same things again would some how create a different outcome really until you change the law of gravity things will fall down when you drop them from a tower. And that is what would happen with Romney as well.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Denial of facts so typical of the far right. You can hate liberals as much as you want but FACTS are FACTS.

http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of...ted-states.php

check those clinton years and you will see SURPLUS written on the last few of them You will if you also looked hard find that Obama is the most fiscal conservative president in the history of the country ( not a good thing since we could use more stimulus for sure to get out of the rut we are in from the GOP)
    I'm not denying facts. You are.

Can you honestly look at Wikipedia, the CBO or the Treasury documents and tell me that gross federal debt dropped during the Clinton presidency?

By definition, a balanced budget does not increase debt. Have a look for yourself from the Treasury's own site.

At no point during the Clinton Presidency did the total debt of the United States go down. Clinton padded revenues with intragovernmental borrowings and returned the leftovers to the American people and called it a "surplus".

What about these facts are you not grasping?

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And compare to where Bush left the country in 2009. If a democrat had been this good with the money like Bush was we would never hear the end of it how terrible democrats is with handling the economy but when a right winger does it oh it doesnt matter, Yeah it fen matters We are starting to see a trend Reagan was terrible on the deficit he runned it up like a drunk sailor runs up a tab in the bar and Bush and Bush did the same thing.

And folks that thought Romney doing the same things again would some how create a different outcome really until you change the law of gravity things will fall down when you drop them from a tower. And that is what would happen with Romney as well.
    This isn't about Bush. You're claiming we "destroyed a surplus" yet I've shown several times that the "surplus" never existed. It was smoke and mirrors using intragovernmental borrowings.

Clinton inherited the dot-com boom. Bush inherited the bust.

I'm not saying Bush was a good president or that Clinton was a bad one, but let's be honest about these things.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The Swiss benefit from some pretty unique geographical advantages that make them an unappealing target. Its great they were able to maintain the political stance they wanted but you can hardly hold it against the Swedes who didn't have the advantage of being ringed in mountains.
    I'm not holding anything against the Swedes. I know full well that they were only doing what was best. I know the same thing every time I take a shot at Denmark for rolling over and taking it like Danes in WW2.

He insinuated Switzerland was built on stolen Jewish gold, though... come on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LeginNoslen View Post
    Nah dude they dug it up themselves, totally.
    Well the huge majority of gold the Germans sold to Switzerland was raided from occupied countries' central banks.

Hundreds of millions of CHF worth of gold was from central banks. Only about 581,000 CHF had been determined to be from Holocaust victims.

10+ Year Old Account

He got close and there would have been a surplus within another year or two if his policies were continued, but it wasn't there yet.
    so yes he should get credit since it was HIS policies that would have created a surplus, but bush was elected and quickly did away with some of those policies and 2 wars later look at where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about Bush. You're claiming we "destroyed a surplus" yet I've shown several times that the "surplus" never existed. It was smoke and mirrors using intragovernmental borrowings.

Clinton inherited the dot-com boom. Bush inherited the bust.
    The Bush tax cut used the surplus to recover from the bubble burst of the Internet boom, that happened on Clinton's term. The Internet was not booming during Bush sr. for Clinton to inherit. The last 2 years of Clinton did generate a surplus, with the first being borrowed against Social Security. This was the interdepartmental shananagens you mentioned. But, the second was not, it was even argued by Bush that the tax cut was giving back the extra money government was taking.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:47 PM ----------

If the last year of Clinton was only a surplus on paper, what justification did Bush give for a tax cut, without program cuts? When Bush handing out his tax cut as using the surplus to stimulate the economy, there was no argument about a Clinton surplus. It's only when Bushes policy resulted in an economic collapse, that the whole justification for Bush tax cuts gets forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The Bush tax cut used the surplus to recover from the bubble burst of the Internet boom, that happened on Clinton's term. The Internet was not booming during Bush sr. for Clinton to inherit. The last 2 years of Clinton did generate a surplus, with the first being borrowed against Social Security. This was the interdepartmental shananagens you mentioned. But, the second was not, it was even argued by Bush that the tax cut was giving back the extra money government was taking.
    Both were funded by intragovernmental borrowings.

Budget for FY98
    FY99
    FY00

As you can see, the closest we came to an actual surplus was only borrowing $100 billion in '00. Yes, that's an extremely small and commendable deficit.

That doesn't make it a surplus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both were funded by intragovernmental borrowings.

Budget for FY98
    FY99
    FY00

As you can see, the closest we came to an actual surplus was only borrowing $100 billion in '00. Yes, that's an extremely small and commendable deficit.

That doesn't make it a surplus.
    What makes it a surplus, is the fact that a federal budget does not include the interest rate of existing debt. The budget was a surplus, but the spending was not, due to the the interest. Interest, that in your chart equaled to 15% of Clinton's whole budget. The fact that Clinton's budget surplus was not large enouph to cover interest, does not negate his surplus. It should have gone to pay for at least part of the interest, but a Bush tax cut nuked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What makes it a surplus, is the fact that a federal budget does not include the interest rate of existing debt. The budget was a surplus, but the spending was not, due to the the interest. Interest, that in your chart equaled to 15% of Clinton's whole budget. The fact that Clinton's budget surplus was not large enouph to cover interest, does not negate his surplus. It should have gone to pay for at least part of the interest, but a Bush tax cut nuked it.
    I'm unaware of any definition of "budget" that doesn't count "interest" as an expense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i can tell you for an absolute fact that this is not accurate. a couple of weeks ago my cousin was hit by a hit-and-run driver in new orleans. the cops didnt bother to try to find the driver. the hospitals refused to treat him because he had no insurance. they actually released him, his dad had to drive down from tennessee to get him. the injury? his thigh was laid open almost to the bone from about 3 inches from his pelvis to about 2 inches from his knee
    and was the doctor that turned him away bigfoot and the cops loch ness monsters?
    I don't buy this for one sec.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    and was the doctor that turned him away bigfoot and the cops loch ness monsters?
    hospitals arent required to do more than "stabilize" someone if they deem it an emergency.
    http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stor...-patients.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    hospitals arent required to do more than "stabilize" someone if they deem it an emergency.
    http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stor...-patients.aspx
    If you walk into a hospital bleeding, you're not going to walk out in the same condition unless it's your choice. If you do, you essentially have grounds for legal action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    If you walk into a hospital bleeding, you're not going to walk out in the same condition unless it's your choice. If you do, you essentially have grounds for legal action.
    No, you may get carried out in a casket.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, you may get carried out in a casket.
    Well, ya.

But that's the case with everyone, insurance or not.

I'm unaware of any definition of "budget" that doesn't count "interest" as an expense.
    The phrase people should be using is that there was a primary surplus. That's accurate, and shouldn't mislead anyone that's familiar with the nomenclature.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    "Legal action" involves them paying a fine (and no treatment for you who may be dead by then).

It'd make my job so much easier if that were the case. Hospitals aren't fined in that situation. Although it varies by injury, they're sued. And if they don't settle out of court, they get drilled by juries.

The definition of stabilize is a lot more detailed in the healthcare community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hospitals and indeed most companies will try to settle out of court for lawsuits. A, open court lawsuit will follow you around forever, a settlement won't.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The phrase people should be using is that there was a primary surplus. That's accurate, and shouldn't mislead anyone that's familiar with the nomenclature.
    That I can accept.

There's no question that the deficits were extremely tiny under Clinton. None whatsoever.

We should have certainly continued along that path.

What's completely farcical is the idea that some people have that there was no debt under Clinton and Bush squandered that.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    why should you? you dont believe absolute facts presented to you that arent in agreement with your preconceived notions, so i wouldnt expect you to believe what i admit is anecdotal evidence. but i know the people involved and the truth of the matter, so whatever