Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    That one slot to me was the most important of all. That shield is a mark of my sub-class and role. I careless about anything else that was rewarded.
    So I suppose if you only had 219 in every slot EXCEPT your shield you would have been perfectly happy? Please.
    Different people value different loot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 08:15 PM ----------

No, it's obscene.

Normal gamers understand time+effort=reward. Masochists do not. Don't mix the two.
    Opnions are great, if you don't like it, don't play. It's been this way for going on 8 years, and the only ways it has changed was to make it EASIER to get loot. Vp/JP/Honor/Conquest/Extra loot rolls... And people still complain about not getting what they want when they want it.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You two are muppets, and probably flame baiting with those comments.

The lucky coins just add another layer of RNG. Since people are so eager to come to talk about statistics, what do you get when you combine RNG (basic loot system / LFR lootsystem) with more RNG (bonus coins)? A much bigger spread of a gauss-curve plot you'd get of people actually getting or not getting more loot. Or to put it in layman's terms, RNG times RNG = much more RNG.

There needs to be a balance in what kind and level of RNG (randomness) is acceptable. Limit the outliers and make sure that the spread of a guass-curve isn't too big. I think that the lucky coins aren't doing any good to the game.
    There is no RNG x RNG. If your in LFR you roll to see if you get loot or gold. If you use a coin you basically are getting a second roll which will yield you gold or loot. It's just like doing the boss twice or three times in one week in LFR case since you can go back and coin roll on the same boss over and over if you have the coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    There is no RNG x RNG. If your in LFR you roll to see if you get loot or gold. If you use a coin you basically are getting a second roll which will yield you gold or loot. It's just like doing the boss twice or three times in one week in LFR case since you can go back and coin roll on the same boss over and over if you have the coins.
    This. You're like complaining that you're not winning anything when you buy two lotto tickets instead of one every week.

If the game decides to award you with nothing vs something on the first roll, then you roll for money or loot when you do win the first one, THAT would be double RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    ......................... which thus causes a bigger spread.

Original model: You either had people getting loot or people not getting loot.
    MoP model: You now have people who get no loot, 1 piece of loot or 2 pieces of loot.

(Someone remind me not to start talking about advanced theoretics in mathematics or statistics on a public forum)

Mechagnome
    yeah, its kind of the point

One of our Monks has gotten a tier piece every Sha kill and has had 2p since the second week of mop. He is just seriously lucky though because he always wins LFR loot and never has used a coin yet except in normals and heroic raids.

MoP model: You now have people who get no loot, 1 piece of loot or 2 pieces of loot.

(Someone remind me not to start talking about advanced theoretics in mathematics or statistics on a public forum)
    ... So your "bigger spread" gave you EVEN more chances at loot (Old model= Loot/no loot 50% chance, New model = No loot/loot/2 pieces of loot, 66% chance)
    and you STILL complain? Someone remind me not to discuss the simple concepts on RNG and MMO loot on a public forum.
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

well i'm sick of getting loot on bonus roll than on regular drop, its fucking annoying..didnt get any drop from regular loot roll from start of lfr and its sad

Yup, your right in the MoP model people have better chances of getting 1 or more pieces of loot than none. Good point so RNG isn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    well i'm sick of getting loot on bonus roll than on regular drop, its fucking annoying..didnt get any drop from regular loot roll from start of lfr and its sad
    You got loot, but it wasn't from your first roll, so it's bad?
    That seems to make perfect sense.

It's been the opposite for me this patch. I only do LFR anymore. And i got more loot in the first 2 weeks than i did the whole time DS was out. But RNG is RNG.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    So many ways to gear up now, yet people complain that these ADDITIONAL means don't shower them with free epix.
    19 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

12 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

8 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

4 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

I literally completed every quest in Zul'drak during WotLK to gain enough gold to craft my legplates (a friend donated the Primordial Saronite for the boots). Why? After all those runs into ICC I only won *1* token. I didn't CHOOSE to buy valor gear, it was because I had no other CHOICE.

Did Dreamwalker drop the legplates?

No.

Did I have a raid team that could get past Rotface in 25?

No.

Valor was the only option. Not that I didn't work for it.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

I literally completed every quest in Zul'drak during WotLK to gain enough gold to craft my legplates (a friend donated the Primordial Saronite for the boots). Why? After all those runs into ICC I only won *1* token. I didn't CHOSE to buy valor gear, it was because I had no other CHOICE.
    Which is exactly what VP are for. Shoring up holes in gear that have failed to drop for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    ... So your "bigger spread" gave you EVEN more chances at loot (Old model= Loot/no loot 50% chance, New model = No loot/loot/2 pieces of loot, 66% chance)
    Yes. And you also get a bigger spread of the Gauss Curve and more outliers... Thus more people who get absolutely no loot who have to look at people who get tons of loot in contrast.

http://exoplanet.as.arizona.edu/~lcl...and_scales.gif

Come back once you understand above image. So yes OBVIOUSLY you will have more people that will have a reason to complain. As there will be less people to the center of the nominal distribution and much more on the left of the diagram.

This is just become a showcase of someone with uneducated show face value arguments "omg more chance at loot, stop whine" arguing against someone with educated background using rational arguments based on theoretics. "bigger spread = more people screwed over"
    Last edited by Rochana; 2012-11-10 at 08:34 PM.

19 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

12 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

8 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

4 weeks of busting my butt wasn't for "free epix".

I literally completed every quest in Zul'drak during WotLK to gain enough gold to craft my legplates (a friend donated the Primordial Saronite for the boots). Why? After all those runs into ICC I only won *1* token. I didn't CHOOSE to buy valor gear, it was because I had no other CHOICE.

Did Dreamwalker drop the legplates?

No.

Did I have a raid team that could get past Rotface in 25?

No.

Valor was the only option. Not that I didn't work for it.
    So you're arguing against additional means to get loots other than boss drops is BS by telling the story of how you've gotten a loot through such additional mean?

Do we have to whip out the "back in my days" thing so you appreciate this new way of getting upgrades through LFR and valor?

Yes. And you also get a bigger spread of the Gauss Curve and more outliers... Thus more people who get absolutely no loot who have to look at people who get tons of loot in contrast.

Come back once you understand above image. So yes OBVIOUSLY you will have more people that will have a reason to complain. As there will be less people to the center of the nominal distribution and much more on the left of the diagram.
    I find it hilarious that you seem to "understand" advanced mathematics, yet spend your time on a video game forum complaining about not getting random loot to drop for you when you want it. I'll say it again: Don't like the loot system? Think it's unfair? Think it's stupid? Think is a waste of time? Then stop paying to play it.
    It's not going to change anytime soon because you don't like it.

This is just become a showcase of someone with uneducated show face value arguments "omg more chance at loot, stop whine" arguing against someone with educated background using rational arguments based on theoretics. "bigger spread = more people screwed over"
    Based on a bell curve more people would have loot (middle) and less people would be on either side of the bell curve with either extra loot or no loot.

World of Lootwhores! Enjoy the game instead of using all your energy on loot?

Understanding the concept of a lottery first and then deciding to participate in it or not - is smart. Playing lottery and whining after not winning however - is not.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What you fail to see is that RNG is what keeps this game interesting. Though it can be frustrting at times, it ´d be boring as f*** if you knew you had to do an instance lets say 6 times to get everything you want.
    Quoted for truth