Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    This. You're like complaining that you're not winning anything when you buy two lotto tickets instead of one every week.

    If the game decides to award you with nothing vs something on the first roll, then you roll for money or loot when you do win the first one, THAT would be double RNG.
    But, you guys are defending a point that is unpopular and really not beneficial to gamers.

    Just because certain people like being Masochists getting gear, it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer.

    Can argue whatever math. Can defend Blizzard until the cows come home -- RNG is not popular with gamers.

    So if gamers are unhappy with it, what is a better alternative?

    We don't need to defend the past, but we need to see a better future.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  2. #82
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    But, you guys are defending a point that is unpopular and really not beneficial to gamers.

    Just because certain people like being Masochists getting gear, it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer.

    Can argue whatever math. Can defend Blizzard until the cows come home -- RNG is not popular with gamers.

    So if gamers are unhappy with it, what is a better alternative?

    We don't need to defend the past, but we need to see a better future.
    Based on your posts you've pretty much spelled out that you don't play WoW anymore so why do you care so much about it's future. On that same note why are you still whining about WoW if you've moved on?

  3. #83
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    But, you guys are defending a point that is unpopular and really not beneficial to gamers.

    Just because certain people like being Masochists getting gear, it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer.

    Can argue whatever math. Can defend Blizzard until the cows come home -- RNG is not popular with gamers.
    Except based on this thread, your point is the unpopular one. Most people understand that random is random, not what I want when I want it.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  4. #84
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    So you're arguing against additional means to get loots
    No, I'm arguing that "welfare epic" crap needs to go. It's so divisive and insulting.

    That dev who snorted it should've been put placed in stocks for a week and suffer the garbage thrown on him, then tarred and feathered. He created a monster of kiddies trying to defend bad habits that isn't healthy for the game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 03:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Except based on this thread
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
    ~ Albert Einstein

    Therefore I go into this den of lions...
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  5. #85
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    No, I'm arguing that "welfare epic" crap needs to go. It's so divisive and insulting.

    That dev who snorted it should've been put placed in stocks for a week and suffer the garbage thrown on him, then tarred and feathered. He created a monster of kiddies trying to defend bad habits that isn't healthy for the game.
    Except based on what you wrote not 3 or 4 posts ago, you NEEDED those welfare epics (crafted/vp/jp epics) or you would have gotten no loot. So which is it? Because if your point is "I want the gear that I want when I decide I'm ready for it", then your talking to the wrong crowd.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  6. #86
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    No, I'm arguing that "welfare epic" crap needs to go. It's so divisive and insulting.

    That dev who snorted it should've been put placed in stocks for a week and suffer the garbage thrown on him, then tarred and feathered. He created a monster of kiddies trying to defend bad habits that isn't healthy for the game.
    What exactly are you classifiying as welfare epics? I know for me in the earlier parts of WoW we considered Arena and PvP gear as welfare epics as raiders were the ones who actually earned their gear. That was the culture of WoW around the arena season 1 or 2 era. Now things are much different. If your refering to PvP gear as welfare epics then why didn't you just pick up the pvp shield?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Except based on what you wrote not 3 or 4 posts ago, you NEEDED those welfare epics (crafted/vp/jp epics) or you would have gotten no loot. So which is it? Because if your point is "I want the gear that I want when I decide I'm ready for it", then your talking to the wrong crowd.
    I think he'd only want the valor currency system, but only limit its gain purely through normal/heroic raids.

    One problem though, without the RNG system, there would be no need to bring a balanced amount of class/armor classes into your raid.

    You'd start seeing competitive guilds sporting the most OP melee/range/tank/healer for an entire tier.

    Hunters and shamans are bad? no problem! We'll just scrap them completely and it won't even affect our gear progression!
    Priests are gimped? Screw them then, it's not like a spirit cloth gear would be wasted!

    You'd also lose the ability to instantly gear whore a new raider so he can be helpful in your raid 2 weeks down the road, stead of 2 months.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-11-10 at 08:51 PM.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I can top that: 1 year in MC and our shammy never had his headpiece drop. At least they added tokens afterwards..and badges of Justice / VPs to allow you and buy some peieces.
    Yeah, three months without seeing a specific item drop is nothing. On my paladin I tanked everything up to Black Temple with Continuum Blade when I replaced it with Brutalizer. Talk about being horribly unlucky.

  9. #89
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    No, I'm arguing that "welfare epic" crap needs to go. It's so divisive and insulting.

    That dev who snorted it should've been put placed in stocks for a week and suffer the garbage thrown on him, then tarred and feathered. He created a monster of kiddies trying to defend bad habits that isn't healthy for the game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 03:45 PM ----------



    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
    ~ Albert Einstein

    Therefore I go into this den of lions...
    I'm guessing based on your post history and your signature which says that Blizzard has personally deleted over 6 thousand of your posts that what you want is unpopular, not only with other players, but also with the people who run this game, and actually matter.
    Not to mention that what you think is purely an opinion, not fact. I personally feel the exact opposite of you.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2012-11-10 at 08:56 PM.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  10. #90
    Life sure is difficult when you don't get what you want.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Yeah, three months without seeing a specific item drop is nothing. On my paladin I tanked everything up to Black Temple with Continuum Blade when I replaced it with Brutalizer. Talk about being horribly unlucky.
    One of our warrior tank had to use the crafted ilvl 200 shield throughout ICC until we killed normal LK.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    One of our warrior tank had to use the crafted ilvl 200 shield throughout ICC until we killed normal LK.
    Longer than that, since he doesn't drop a shield XD

    I used a Naxx shield of the same level though. At least it looked cool.

  13. #93
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm guessing based on your post history and your signature
    BTW, pay attention to what the moderator posted, champ. Or you can have a sig like mine.

    Jealous of my sig even?

    Sheesh!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    What exactly are you classifiying as welfare epics?
    Here, again, is a problem about posting on subject specific forums: they try to reframe statements that never existed in the first place.

    Who wrote the "free epix" statement, again?

    What was my response?

    Go ask him what he meant.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  14. #94
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    BTW, pay attention to what the moderator posted, champ. Or you can have a sig like mine.

    Jealous of my sig even?

    Sheesh!
    Pray tell, what Mod posted here again? And what rule did I break? I pointed out your sig, which is available for all to see. And no, I'm not jealous of your signature, I'm not sure why anyone would be proud of wearing their ignorance like a badge.
    OT: Anyhoo, my original point still stands: Don't like it? Don't play it.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraloser View Post
    Meh, its difficult for sure, but it does keep the game more alive and interesting
    How do you call waiting on loot to drop "interesting?"

    "Oh it didn't drop again. Ho hum. Next week."

    But yeah, I don't like RNG either at times, but there's not much else to use to keep content populated. My guild saw 1 Skull of Gul'dan in the 35 kills we had of Illidan. It sucked, but that's just the nature of the game. Be glad you have the ability to have 3 second chances a week.

  16. #96
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    How do you call waiting on loot to drop "interesting?" "Oh it didn't drop again. Ho hum. Next week."
    But when the loot drops, it's interesting right? It wouldn't be if the boss always dropped something you wanted. Two sides of the same coin.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

  17. #97
    Epic! Bosbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    1,635
    You know it really depends on your luck. I don't raid myself but I got 479 ilvl simply from lfr/ sha drops. and most of the time i don't even use a coin, only on bosses where I really need the pieces from (like twice a week), and usually I don't have to use extra coins on those bosses because they drop what I need without a coin. but you can't blame the system, altough I feel your pain from past experiences.

  18. #98
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    But yeah, I don't like RNG either at times, but there's not much else to use to keep content populated. My guild saw 1 Skull of Gul'dan in the 35 kills we had of Illidan. It sucked, but that's just the nature of the game. Be glad you have the ability to have 3 second chances a week.
    I'll be more curious of an ingame poll on the matter. Not the traditional, "We love you Blizzard and all that you do!!!" responses.

    RNG has it's purpose, but there's got to be a better method than supporting Masochism.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  19. #99
    Mechagnome Synbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thunderdome
    Posts
    662
    I haven't gotten one piece of gear from lfr since it went live, and I've been doing it on 3 toons. I have gotten 2 pieces world bosses. ALL of my coin rolls have been for gold only. The rng makes not want to play to be honest. I raid with a 10 man, so maybe I should only do that.

    My brother, who works a 50 hour a week job and has 3 kids, hasn't gotten anything in lfr. He's pretty pissed about not even getting 1 item in any raid. He kills Sha once a week, but because of real life he has never even seen Galleon up ever and can't camp him. He can only play nights, and a couple hours on the weekend.

    For any player that can't commit to raiding, or be able to play more than a few hours a week, the RNG in the game right now is kind of depressing. My heart goes out to those players that don't have time to raid, and get screwed every week because of this RNG. There should at least be a higher chance of getting loot from coins in my opinion.
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

  20. #100
    Epic! Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I'll be more curious of an ingame poll on the matter. Not the traditional, "We love you Blizzard and all that you do!!!" responses.

    RNG has it's purpose, but there's got to be a better method than supporting Masochism.
    You say "masochism", I say fun. Quite a few other games out there for people who don't like RNG.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    There should at least be a higher chance of getting loot from coins in my opinion.
    Then this would become mandatory for all raiders to get every week, even more so then it is now. Your brother would be in the exact same position he's in now relative to everyone else.
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •