Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    He kills Sha once a week, but because of real life he has never even seen Galleon up ever and can't camp him.
    This

I like that Galleon is a bit 'rarer' than the Sha also because his loot is better, but on my server I know very little people who have seen him because of their real life, simply because these ppl with no life go with their raid group, don't share tag and camp the boss around 2 o'clock morning.. and then we have to wait a few days before the next 'top guild' downs him..

OP, you're saying you play WoW since Vanilla, and just realised loot is based on RNG? congratz I guess.

I actually feel like the gearing process doesn't involve enough RNG. Doing dailies for rep and counting my valor points isn't a fun way to gear for me. I much prefer to acquire gear by working together with my guild to kill bosses, and then hoping for a lucky drop. I'm starting to wish the valor system had never been put in place.

I have run LFR every single week it's existed on my Shaman, every week except one on my Druid and added my DK last week. Across all three characters I have not won one single piece of loot yet (but hey I don't need to do dailies right? lol). This is pretty BS. I haven't even started raiding raiding because my gear isn't up to expectations yet (yes I have every crafted piece, but no I don't have time to do dailies). Conquest has now become the best way of pve gearing for me.

Although also to be fair this is hardly new. I cleared at minimum normal mode 10 man every week of cata (some heroics, LFR weekly when it came out) and didn't get a shoulder token until late DS. Some rng is fine. This is bs.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-11-10 at 11:25 PM.

Didnt i just read a post where you were QQ'ing about application being too big?

Well, i started off by not getting 1 single item in 27 heroics. Then suddenly i got an epic from Sha and my luck skyrocketed to the heavens after that. My ilvl is currently 477 and i'm getting a huge upgrade next reset. I do not raid so yeah, you must be frustrated if you raid and put a lot of effort in and won't get rewarded.

All i can say is that you just have to wish for best and don't give up.

IT TOOK ME 8 months to get HEROIC VIAL OF SHADOW IN DS. FUCKING RNG every weeks. FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT RNG GOD! >

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    You don't need BiS to complete raids. Obviously you were getting plenty of other drops if you were in full 264s. So a shield didn't drop for you but yet you had BiS everywhere else big deal. RNG is RNG....gaurnteed loot isn't something that would make the game any better. If everyone had the shield then it wouldn't be special anymore. If all the rogues that killed Illidan got a free set of glaives it wouldn't be special anymore.
    that was going to be my point too. Your character is a sum of your equipment, one or two bad item slots is not going to kill you.

Just to rub salt on OP.. I am at 479 right now without anything but LFR, Sha and reps. I actually won 2 tier pieces from Sha the second week. It is nice to be able to tank and basically solo heroic dungeons for the satchels.

My hunter (only 90 so far) has had some serious RNG blues so far. I have not gotten a trinket drop this entire expansion. I finally got Shado-Pan revered and bought the DMC to replace my 4.3 trinkets.

I also have yet to see Gate of the Setting Sun come up as my random dungeon.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    that was going to be my point too. Your character is a sum of your equipment, one or two bad item slots is not going to kill you.
    Not if you RP.

That shield is important to my character.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    But, you guys are defending a point that is unpopular and really not beneficial to gamers.

Just because certain people like being Masochists getting gear, it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer.

Can argue whatever math. Can defend Blizzard until the cows come home -- RNG is not popular with gamers.

So if gamers are unhappy with it, what is a better alternative?

We don't need to defend the past, but we need to see a better future.
    Players are loot whores. They drool over it, and they fight over it, and when they can't have it, they rage. They want them pixels. Bad. That isn't a surprise. But this isn't a case of people not liking it so it has to change. RNG extends content. When people get geared, most stop running content. And that's bad news for a gaming company.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 08:57 PM ----------

Just to rub salt on OP.. I am at 479 right now without anything but LFR, Sha and reps. I actually won 2 tier pieces from Sha the second week. It is nice to be able to tank and basically solo heroic dungeons for the satchels.
    What does "Basically solo heroics" mean? Are you able to or not? Which ones?
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

I buy a lottery ticket every week and I still haven't won millions of dollars. I mean it's just not fair, they really need to do something about it. After a certain amount of time they should just guarantee that you win. Its not fun to buy a ticket each week and never win and I really need that money to buy a solid gold rocket car.

we are more likely than ever to get the items we want. the % of rng in our favor has increased thanks to smaller tables, more relevant loot, fewer useless slot alternatives and the new loot system rules that come in every expansion.

but rng is still rng. We just have better chances than before each time. We can get something in days or weeks rather than months.

The loot is probably less RNG right now than it ever was. It's really not that bad.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Players are loot whores. They drool over it, and they fight over it, and when they can't have it, they rage. They want them pixels. Bad. That isn't a surprise. But this isn't a case of people not liking it so it has to change. RNG extends content. When people get geared, most stop running content. And that's bad news for a gaming company.
    It extends it like grinding rep extends it and gamers HATE it.

If you have an undercurrent of that much hate, how does it benefit the game?

Masochists wouldnt mind. Sadists would be happy those around them are suffering. But the sane gamer wants time+effort=reward...all in a reasonable measure.

It'll take me some time getting to level 100 Colonel in BF3, for example. But I'm not complaining that it's long and grindy. I can take my time getting there and when I do get there the game/gear isn't, in another patch, all worthless. I'm rewarded for putting in the time, but my reward isn't taken from under my feet in 4 month cycles, either.

There's got to be a balance there, not claiming "RNG is RNG" like an excuse.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

It's just bad luck. I got incredibly lucky on my main in terms of drops from world bosses and LFR in the beginning. It seemed like any piece of gear I needed would drop. Combined with valor pieces, I'm sitting at 485. But now it's dried up. Believe it or not all my luck previously, I still haven't gotten a single drop in normal raiding. lol. Now I'm getting frustrated.

Not if you RP.

That shield is important to my character.
    So then the ilvl/stats of the shield had nothing to do with it from the beginning which is why you stated you wanted it. You wanted the shield for looks not for the stats! You have major issues with keeping your story consistent. Do you think people don't remember things or maybe you don't remember things?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    So then the ilvl/stats of the shield had nothing to do with it from the beginning which is why you stated you wanted it. You wanted the shield for looks not for the stats! You have major issues with keeping your story consistent. Do you think people don't remember things or maybe you don't remember things?
    Stats are important. Sure I wanted it for better stats (who wouldn't?). But I also wanted to get out of a butt ugly shield that didn't sit straight on the back!

See it?
    http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/a...010_141108.png

After months of it it got old seeing it on Kev's back hours each day (like that nothing-will-match-it-designed-for-a-shaman 359 shield).

I kept gear hoping for the day appearance armor would come, and when it did, now my Kev looks every bit a paladin...

You bet I'd farm for shields!

High Overlord
    But, you guys are defending a point that is unpopular and really not beneficial to gamers.

Just because certain people like being Masochists getting gear, it doesn't mean everyone has to suffer.

Can argue whatever math. Can defend Blizzard until the cows come home -- RNG is not popular with gamers.

So if gamers are unhappy with it, what is a better alternative?

We don't need to defend the past, but we need to see a better future.

If someone enjoys raiding for raiding, then loot is secondary. Masochism isn't in play in such a situation.

Honestly, someone who claims they did one of the Aldor/Scryers reps in Wrath, then went back and did the other faction because they NEEDED to when both factions were long obsolete ... well, maybe they should tone down the hyperbole and the judgmental choice of words.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:04 PM ----------

I'll be more curious of an ingame poll on the matter. Not the traditional, "We love you Blizzard and all that you do!!!" responses.

RNG has it's purpose, but there's got to be a better method than supporting Masochism.
    So, the term welfare epix is insulting to you but referring to everyone that understands RNG in loot is par for the course is a fan boy, or a masochist.

You're funny.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:09 PM ----------

Imagine that, someone enjoying the game and not bitching about the system.