Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Spirit for Warlocks in LFR Raids?

Dear all,

I returned to WoW just a week ago and I want to ask one simple thing...

Is it possible for a Warlock to get an item with SPIRIT in a LFR Raid via this auto-random-item-loot system? And is it possible to get it with Coins (additional loot)?

I want this item - Un'sok's Amber Scalpel (Raid Finder)

So - should I spend my coins trying to get it, or should I just forget about it?...

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not going to happen. Sorry to tell you this, but LFR only gives you items which directly benefits you. In other words, Hit for Mages and Locks, and Spirit for Shadow / Healing Priest. The rest (whom has a healing spec / convert spirit into hit) can get spirit items, though.
    Shadow Priests can be argued about. They can "cheat" the hit system by reforging the other secondary stat on a spirit item to hit, thus making Spirit-wielders much easier to cap.
    Took my Lock about 1-1 1/2 week to be raid capped, while my Priest was up and running after 2 hours in 90.

They can reforge to Expertise, however.
    I'm an idiot, whom hasn't consumed any sugar today. Forget all about me, I'll be sitting in the dark corner of the classroom and sighing.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2012-11-10 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Forget about it. You won't get it in LFR. Normal and Heroic versions, sure, you can get that if the raid allows it, but never the LFR version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it's not an "auto-random-item-loot-system", you basically roll (wether you'd like it or not) and if the system finds you being one of the highest lucky rollers, you get an item which is fitting your class and role.
    Did that Troll boss i Mogu'Shan (always forgets his name, Gara-something, I believe), got the shoulders from him on the "usual" roll, flipped a coin and what did I get? The very same shoulders. Too bad I'm an Alchemist and Herbalist on him.
    (I may have misinterpreted you, but it's good to know things like this)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2012-11-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Changed highest to lucky.

Why do you want it? :S

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Also, it's not an "auto-random-item-loot-system", you basically roll (wether you'd like it or not) and if the system finds you being one of the highest rollers, you get an item which is fitting your class and role.
    Did that Troll boss i Mogu'Shan (always forgets his name, Gara-something, I believe), got the shoulders from him on the "usual" roll, flipped a coin and what did I get? The very same shoulders. Too bad I'm an Alchemist and Herbalist on him.
    (I may have misinterpreted you, but it's good to know things like this)
    That's not EXACTLY correct. It's not if you're "one of the highest rollers" but rather if you roll a certain number. I believe they said there's a 15% chance you will get loot from a boss in LFR. So you could actually have no one in the raid group get loot, and you could potentially have EVERYONE get loot (though I doubt anybody will see this happen).

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Why do you want it? :S
    Maybe for transmog is my guess. This is one of the flaws of the LFR loot system imo, as it will lock you from getting certain colors of items. This sucks because there's a lot of cool-looking items in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    That's not EXACTLY correct. It's not if you're "one of the highest rollers" but rather if you roll a certain number. I believe they said there's a 15% chance you will get loot from a boss in LFR. So you could actually have no one in the raid group get loot, and you could potentially have EVERYONE get loot (though I doubt anybody will see this happen)
    Really? From what I've read, it was something like what I typed. My bad, then.
    Haven't really understood that system, only that it's now ninja-free. o.O

Deleted
    They can "cheat" the hit system by reforging the other secondary stat on a spirit item to hit, thus making Spirit-wielders much easier to cap.
    Took my Lock about 1-1 1/2 week to be raid capped, while my Priest was up and running after 2 hours in 90.
    warlocks and mages can reforge to expertise.

No, not going to happen. Sorry to tell you this, but LFR only gives you items which directly benefits you. In other words, Hit for Mages and Locks, and Spirit for Shadow / Healing Priest. The rest (whom has a healing spec / convert spirit into hit) can get spirit items, though.
    Shadow Priests can be argued about. They can "cheat" the hit system by reforging the other secondary stat on a spirit item to hit, thus making Spirit-wielders much easier to cap.

Mages and locks can "cheat" it as well by reforging for expertise, so... yeah, that's sort of a moot point.

Deleted
    Really? From what I've read, it was something like what I typed. My bad, then.
    Haven't really understood that system, only that it's now ninja-free. o.O
    Yeah, each roll is an individual roll for loot or no loot per person.

Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    warlocks and mages can reforge to expertise.
    Gah! Beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, never mind, completely forgot all about the new Expertise change to casters (and Pally / Shaman for that matter).
    Haven't digested sugar the whole day, which makes me sleepy, lazy and completely a slow-witted fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, never mind, completely forgot all about the new Expertise change to casters (and Pally / Shaman for that matter).
    Haven't digested sugar the whole day, which makes me sleepy, lazy and completely a slow-witted fool.
    We've all been there, at least you are man enough (or woman) to go ahead and say you forgot about something.

To the OP: Yeah, sorry but you're not getting that weapon through LFR, so I hope you can get it through normal or heroic instead for whatever reason you need it. If it's that exact colour you want then, well this item Regail's Crackeling Dagger is supposedly the same model, though I haven't seen screenshots, so I'm not sure it is.

Deleted
    why would you ever need spirit on an item as a lock? if for reforging then keep in mind that the spirit takes up some of the budget on the item meaning you will get lower amount of other stats, if this means lower int, hsate or mastery then it can never be worth it, and you'll just end up nerfing yourself rather than improving your dps.

Deleted
    I actually was thinking the same, though the dungeon journal counts Un'sok's Amber Scalpel as Warlock item, if you filter the loots.
    So if the system rolls out of that list, yes, otherwise no. Throw a ticket and try to fish answer from GMs.

Also that dagger is still pretty good for warlocks, even if it has spirit.
    Inspect HoF HC world first Warlocks.

Deleted
    well the thing is, there are very few upgrades in the mainhand department for us locks atm. there is only the wand from elegon and it bugs out demo so thats a disadvantage(and it surprises me that blizz didnt take that into account due to the whole demo thing, they could just remove the wand's ability to shoot, would also have fixed the meta wand bug), the only reason you would go for that spirit dagger is bcoz there is no other choice and that it is the only weapon that will allow you to be demo and afflic without a slight nerf to dps as demo.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-11-12 at 11:20 AM.

You can indeed random roll this item from LFR as warlock.
    Got it last night without a coin roll.

Quote Originally Posted by boymcgee View Post
    You can indeed random roll this item from LFR as warlock.
    Got it last night without a coin roll.
    Beat me to it. You aren't supposed to be able to get Spirit items as a warlock, but due to a bug (incorrect categorization, rather), you can get this specific item via LFR / loot roll.

Deleted
    There is this Dagger in HoF from "Amber-Sharper Un'Sok". Named [Un'Sok's Amber Scalpel], and it has Spirit. Seen some Warlock have it, not LFR tho. If you use Dungeon Journal and look for Warlock gear "only" it shows that dagger. I wonder if LFR uses Dungeon Journal as a tool to roll the loot for you.