Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Preferred" accounts?

So with the F2P account option release date out I have been trying to see what all restrictions happen to be there. I've been hearing discussion about something about "preferred accounts" but nothing solid on it. All I know is that there are 3 account types; F2P, preferred, and subscriber with different restrictions on each (F2P obviously being the lowest on the totem pole) and preferred accounts are those who have ever bought something from swtor (including past subbers) but that is all i have been able to find.

anyone know more details on preferred accounts? I'm pretty sure they have less restrictions than F2P but like I said, this is all I have been able to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

As a Preferred Status Player, you will gain the following benefits compared to Free-to-Play Players:
    • The Sprint ability at Level 1
    • Access to your Cargo Hold (an 80 item Player Bank)
    • Access to Secure Trade (starting at level 10)
    • The ability to send Mail, including one (1) attachment
    • Increased allowance for chat message frequencies in Public chat channels (such as /general)
    • An increased Credits Cap
    • Access to the Who List
    • Three (3) additional Sale Slots on the Galactic Trade Network (for a total of 5)
    • One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot (for a total of 2)
    • Reduced skill point respecialization costs
    • Increased Server queue priority

- from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547729
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    that explains alot, so when i come back to the game it shouldn't be too changed up, sounds bearable at least
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

what about warzones?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the warzones/flashpoint restrictions stay the same, but what i am worried about now is the quickbars...

If you bought the game on release, but never subscribed, are you a preffered account if you come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    If you bought the game on release, but never subscribed, are you a preffered account if you come back?
    I have an account with that status - game serial registered but never subscribed or entered a game time code - and I have asked. I'll let you know what they tell me. I know this, if it's NOT Preferred automatically, it'd be cheaper to spend $5 on Cartel Coins than to subscribe tomorrow.

Still experimenting...

I presume by this that any previously subbed account will have "preferred" account status. So, to this end, what happens if said account has multiple characters at level 50 with purple items equipped and all having 3 professions learnt?

Does anyone actually know? I'm pretty sure that they'll all be naked, that is if I do bother to try out this "Freemium" version...

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    I presume by this that any previously subbed account will have "preferred" account status. So, to this end, what happens if said account has multiple characters at level 50 with purple items equipped and all having 3 professions learnt?

Does anyone actually know? I'm pretty sure that they'll all be naked, that is if I do bother to try out this "Freemium" version...
    You will be able to wear what you have. But you won't be able to wear any new epics. I wouldn't take them off if I were you, just in case.
    You will select 2 characters to be "active".
    You will select 2 professions to be "active".
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You will select 2 characters to be "active".
    This part won't happen on 11/15. They are giving people a buffer period to play all their toons so that when they have to pick 2 they can more easily choose. I am not sure if the same goes for the professions or not.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This part won't happen on 11/15. They are giving people a buffer period to play all their toons so that when they have to pick 2 they can more easily choose. I am not sure if the same goes for the professions or not.
    Have they given a date for this ceasing? I'm guessing it's probably the new Decemeber cutoff for subscriptions and coins.

They are called "preferred accounts" because most people preferred not to pay 15 dollars a month for swtor.

(That was a joke. Plz no ban hammar)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-12 at 05:49 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Have they given a date for this ceasing? I'm guessing it's probably the new Decemeber cutoff for subscriptions and coins.
    Not yet, but that is my guess as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Not yet, but that is my guess as well.
    I have to at least applaud the grace period as giving former subscribers a chance to experience anything in the game they might not have had. Some of these people might not have even seen Denova not to mention TFB. I expect that this time lpus the fact you can still get coins up until December will show a good increase in money they would otherwise not have seen. Probably my own included.

It also exhibits a little bit more appropriate confidence in their product...something they've been lacking as of late. Definitely makes me excited this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    After an infinite wait on the phone support line I got a rep who told me that you must have subscribed for at least a month (via credit card or GTC) to be Preferred on the 15th. I will hold my non-sub account as is, to verify that this is in fact the case come Thursday.

Still experimenting...

Cheers for the replies -- great to hear about the grace period for "preferred" accounts. I might check it out in this case, then!

You mentioned a credits cap - does anyone know what the cap is? I don't really wanna loose my credits if I'm above the cap when the account is downgraded to 'prefered' status. Sounds a bit odd if they'd implemented it that way though, but better safe than sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    You mentioned a credits cap - does anyone know what the cap is? I don't really wanna loose my credits if I'm above the cap when the account is downgraded to 'prefered' status. Sounds a bit odd if they'd implemented it that way though, but better safe than sorry
    I believe the cap is 20K for free, and possibly 100K for pref. but you won't lose any credits if you got more than that. they're just put in a bank that you can't add to.

example: you have 300K credits. if you go preferred, you have 100K credits in your inventory, and another 200K in your bank. I don't know what happens with new credits though at the cap.

I got a quick question. If I was a former subscriber (sub ran out back in August), will I be able to use my Gunslinger's Rakata tier armor set and weapons? I know there are restrictions on wearing epics (for the F2P crowd) from what I read but do the same restrictions applied to former subscribers as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstrider View Post
    I got a quick question. If I was a former subscriber (sub ran out back in August), will I be able to use my Gunslinger's Rakata tier armor set and weapons? I know there are restrictions on wearing epics (for the F2P crowd) from what I read but do the same restrictions applied to former subscribers as well?
    Yes, but no future equipment. Also, your avatar needs to be killed with fire