Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes, but no future equipment. Also, your avatar needs to be killed with fire
    Mind explaining to me what this "boxxy" thing is? I know its off topic but I need to know. Send a PM if you have to lol.

edit: I'm afraid to google it cause I know dateline is going to show up and be like "so i heard you googled a girl who looks underaged"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm at work and share the same fears. Suffice to say it's tantamount to Rebecca Black imho....I don't have much tolerance for 'internet celebrities'

Note to Mod: This is completely OT, but you can blame that guy/girl/thing's avatar. Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clattuc View Post
    After an infinite wait on the phone support line I got a rep who told me that you must have subscribed for at least a month (via credit card or GTC) to be Preferred on the 15th. I will hold my non-sub account as is, to verify that this is in fact the case come Thursday.
    Awwww, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up though!

Hey guys decided to poke my head after getting some vague info about this Preferred customer thingie. I love SW:TOR but didn't like the whole move to F2P and how previously subed players who were there from the start was gonna get screwed. I'm glad they decided to change their mind but I don't know if what they're offering will be enough for me to return. I'll check it out later esp what kind of stuff is offering in the Cartel store. I really hope they keep pay to win out of the game.

FYI don't get on me about the fact I don't already know what's in the Cartel Store if the info is out there. When I move on from a game I move on and don't troll the forums ranting about why I left so I don't know what was discussed. As I said I'll check out what is offering when I get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    Hey guys decided to poke my head after getting some vague info about this Preferred customer thingie. I love SW:TOR but didn't like the whole move to F2P and how previously subed players who were there from the start was gonna get screwed. I'm glad they decided to change their mind but I don't know if what they're offering will be enough for me to return. I'll check it out later esp what kind of stuff is offering in the Cartel store. I really hope they keep pay to win out of the game.

FYI don't get on me about the fact I don't already know what's in the Cartel Store if the info is out there. When I move on from a game I move on and don't troll the forums ranting about why I left so I don't know what was discussed. As I said I'll check out what is offering when I get in.
    Good to see you xcitement.

I think they have a great deal of work to do on the F2P model the current "nickel and dime" approach will lead to further loss of players.
    I'm fine with restrictions for non subs but locking things like action bars and emotes makes no sense,i came back to a 44 BH with 2 bars...2...you know what that gets you ...dead well at least in pvp anyway. Is there a particular reason you have a legacy but can not show it unless you unlock it,or hide helm and unify colors,or titles this creates a divide that i have already seen ingame watching chat for 5 minutes. Some saying these are problems and those saying "don't like it Pay"...personally i would have not dropped my sub if i could (babies are expensive) and plan to soon enough,these are just things i see as becoming a problem and more of the "people still play this crap".

also im not sure if it is just a bug at this point but as "preferred" i have only 2 GTN slots and lost a cargo hold on my ship and my bag space got cut in half anyone else had this occur?
    I saw your title, and was fully intending on coming here to deliver the verbal equivalent of a punch in the dick.
    -TheWerebison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshadowz View Post
    I think they have a great deal of work to do on the F2P model the current "nickel and dime" approach will lead to further loss of players.
    I'm fine with restrictions for non subs but locking things like action bars and emotes makes no sense,i came back to a 44 BH with 2 bars...2...you know what that gets you ...dead well at least in pvp anyway. Is there a particular reason you have a legacy but can not show it unless you unlock it,or hide helm and unify colors,or titles this creates a divide that i have already seen ingame watching chat for 5 minutes. Some saying these are problems and those saying "don't like it Pay"...personally i would have not dropped my sub if i could (babies are expensive) and plan to soon enough,these are just things i see as becoming a problem and more of the "people still play this crap".

also im not sure if it is just a bug at this point but as "preferred" i have only 2 GTN slots and lost a cargo hold on my ship and my bag space got cut in half anyone else had this occur?
    yeah I really don't understand what they were thinking
    it's funny though, I've heard players complain that "now I have to look stupid unless I subscribe" because they can't hide their head slot anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Just quick note - the quickbar restriction sucks ! seriously... whos fuc*ing idea was that? Anyway, will be subscribing back soon but still, I feel sorry for those who can't afford two or more mmos and still want to play SW but can't enjoy it because of this stupidity (no other way to call it)

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Just quick note - the quickbar restriction sucks ! seriously... whos fuc*ing idea was that? Anyway, will be subscribing back soon but still, I feel sorry for those who can't afford two or more mmos and still want to play SW but can't enjoy it because of this stupidity (no other way to call it)
    Agree and that's how they screw the people who want to PvP ONLY, that and only allow you 5 matches a week. This should give people incentive to come back. I logged in F2P and in general chat every other comment was " WOW people on Fleet!" which means before tonight the game was dead yet again like it was 6 months ago before server transfers. I wish they had an option to pay them $5 a month for 3 characters and PVP only, I would think this would bring back quite a few

Well, my serial-only account was actually registered less than a month ago, so I still had a few days of the "free 30" left. So as of now that account is Subscriber with all the perks - but with 0 Cartel coins. I am guessing that it would be Preferred if the free 30 had already expired. I would need a time machine to test it at this point.

Still experimenting...

After an infinite wait on the phone support line I got a rep who told me that you must have subscribed for at least a month (via credit card or GTC) to be Preferred on the 15th. I will hold my non-sub account as is, to verify that this is in fact the case come Thursday.
    No, they just don't have a clue. My account is preferred and I never payed the subscription, quit 3 weeks after i bought the game at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogzeh View Post
    No, they just don't have a clue. My account is preferred and I never payed the subscription, quit 3 weeks after i bought the game at launch.
    I think that if you bought the game you are suppose to be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    This is something I really don't understand either. I logged in to my account tonight after not playing since June in the hopes to pick up where I left off with my 37 Sniper to check things out.

I can live without all the little cosmetic things, the not being able to equip certain gear thing, the low cap on warzones/flashpoints, or to be restricted to 2 toons. That all is fine, but what I cannot for the life of me figure out is why on earth they restricted f2p accounts to 1 flipping skill bar... I've played quite a few other f2p mmo's over the years, and not one has had a restriction as asinine as locking you to 1 skill bar. If there was an ability to make macros it would be a whole other story, but as it stands it's pretty much demanding you spend even a little bit of money to be able to properly play.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that if you bought the game you are suppose to be preferred.
    I believe this was the intention... though I canceled my pre-order before release and still got Preferred status :P

Where can I see if I have the preferred status? I'm logged in at the web page right now looking at my account history but I cant find any info about preferred anywhere? I payed for superscription from start until late August or September I believe.

Also under Cartel Coins it says that 0 is my current balance, but at the same time below that there is a long list of subscriber rewards cartel coins that I have gotten and a balance that's over 1000 coins, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Where can I see if I have the preferred status? I'm logged in at the web page right now looking at my account history but I cant find any info about preferred anywhere? I payed for superscription from start until late August or September I believe.

Also under Cartel Coins it says that 0 is my current balance, but at the same time below that there is a long list of subscriber rewards cartel coins that I have gotten and a balance that's over 1000 coins, what's up with that?
    If you have paid the sub at all then you have preferred status. An easy way to check would be to try and access your cargo hold. If you can you have preferred status. As for the cartel coins, you earned some with your sub, but you only actually get them if you resub by 12/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you have paid the sub at all then you have preferred status. An easy way to check would be to try and access your cargo hold. If you can you have preferred status. As for the cartel coins, you earned some with your sub, but you only actually get them if you resub by 12/20.
    Ok thanks, I'm at work so haven't been able to check it out in game. Decent of them to give us up to 12/20 to resub since I won't have any time to play before the winter holidays, so if I resub (might just go for the f2p) it won't be until about that time.

Anyone know if F2P accounts can actually post on the official forums? I was able to post earlier but now I can't for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Anyone know if F2P accounts can actually post on the official forums? I was able to post earlier but now I can't for some reason...
    EA's way of saying they don't want you to vocalize your opinion of their pay per buttons.

Despite my eager anticipation of the F2P release and being able to get back in the game a little bit, it's really disappointing to see just how badly they are going to nickle and dime non-subscribers. My account is Preferred, but the restrictions just creep over the line of ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong. I've played F2P games and I have no qualms with paying for most things, as they're generally vanity items or DLC's.

What caught me immediately with Swtor were the charges for UI features. Namely the fact that, even at Preferred, you have to Purchase additional Quick Action Bars beyond the two that everyone gets.

This is just... mind boggling.

It might seem like a little thing to some people, but it really says a lot about how far they are willing to reach to make you have to spend money on the littlest things.

This is where my fancy character signature would be, if I had one.