1. #1
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    80

    Valor points from Random Dungeons

    Maybe I am going senile in my old age but have they reduced valor for random dungeons to 10? Yesterday they were 80.

  2. #2
    Epic! Bosbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    1,530
    that means u can get only 10 more vp this week.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    80
    oh, thank you. wow that sucks. How many can you get a week? I have only 2000

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    oh, thank you. wow that sucks. How many can you get a week? I have only 2000
    1000 a week, 3000 total. You can see this by mousing over the valor points in your currency tab.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    4,530
    Do 2 dailie quests, to cap the last 10 valor, it takes you like 5 minutes... or a scenario, much faster than doing a dungeon IF you do only need 10 valor.

  6. #6
    You can only earn 1000 VPs per week all things included (dailies, heroics, scenarios and all raids). Also, keep in mind that the 1st heroic you do every day nets you a bonus for a total of 80 VPs, the following ones are for less, I think its just 40.

    Once you max out on VPs or are close to max out the game only grants you whats left for the week cap or nothing. So, if you already earned 999 VPs during a week the game will only grant you 1 more point regarless of what you do to earn it.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    80
    Thats great thanks for the info, didn't realise.

  8. #8
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    Just through dungeons? Assuming you do the daily each day (80 VP), that's 560 VP, so you need 440 more to cap. That's 18 dungeons total (seven daily heroics plus 11 normal heroics). If you tried to do them all in one day, it would take 24 runs.

    Until 5.1, yeah, you need the rep to spend them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Valor_Points

    You only get 80 for the first random per day. If you just did the one per day that would still only net you 560 for a whole week - which isn't terrible, but it would take 11 more @40 per run to cap from just heroics alone. So I guess you could see it as requiring 18+ heroics, depending on how you spread them out.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Maybe I am going senile in my old age but have they reduced valor for random dungeons to 10? Yesterday they were 80.
    That happened to me too a week or so ago, turned out i had earned 990/1000 VPs for the week through LFR/dailies/heroics already. ^_^

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Just through dungeons? Assuming you do the daily each day (80 VP), that's 560 VP, so you need 440 more to cap. That's 18 dungeons total (seven daily heroics plus 11 normal heroics). If you tried to do them all in one day, it would take 24 runs.

    Until 5.1, yeah, you need the rep to spend them.

    Does each heroic give less vp after your first one for the day(?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Does each heroic give less vp after your first one for the day(?
    80 for the first, 40 for every one after that during that day.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Valor_Points

    You only get 80 for the first random per day. If you just did the one per day that would still only net you 560 for a whole week - which isn't terrible, but it would take 11 more @40 per run to cap from just heroics alone. So I guess you could see it as requiring 18+ heroics, depending on how you spread them out.
    Oh I see. Thanks for the info

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    just do 1 heroic and 1 scenario a day and even without LFR you're done easily

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it takes roughly 11-12 dungeons to cap valor assuming no dailies? That would still leave one with no way of spending it right?
    There are a couple of reps that are very easy to reach honored with. Klaxxi is the easiest (you reach honored with them before you've done half of their initial quest chain), and GL isn't hard to get to honored for either. Once you have GL to revered, if you leveled by questing in TLS then Shado Pan will be nearly at honored as well and can be easily unlocked within a few days.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •