Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Play Skyrim with a controller, not a keyboard/mouse and the game becomes a LOT better
    Only because certain functions like horse riding feel horribly clunky with the mouse.

Borderlands 2 controls are fine, and overall it's a way better game thanks to PhysX, something the console versions don't have I believe. Also, if you want to complain about horrible PC ports, Dark Souls at release says hi, and it's still a poor game in my mind.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    BL2 is one the better ports around, if you compare to how badly console ports usually are made.

But, the interface is still of course very lacking.
    I wouldn't say it's lacking, I'd say it needs a few changes though. The shop menu needs to be fixed big time, especially the scrolling aspect which is buggy as hell. Sometimes when you go to a vending machine to sell stuff, when you go to the tab with your inventory, you can't scroll down past the bottom item that is displayed in the initial view and the cursor keeps bouncing the selection back to the top (same goes for when you are buying ammo or items, the item highlighted sometimes bounces up after you make one purchase) so you have to tab over to buy back or whatever the vendor is selling, then go back to your inventory to scroll down properly and sell the stuff you don't want at the bottom of the menu since it's all ranked by rarity.

Deleted
    BTW, for people talking about controller/keyboard. [myhumbleopinion]You should take a look (for christmas!) at something like a Razer Nostromo. One thing that I don't know how I could ever do w/o is the little directional controller for the thumb. Freeing up WASD fingers for more commands is the biz! Couple it with a good mouse (I use my WoW Cata mouse) and you can have a myriad of abilities mapped to easy reach.[/myhumbleopinion] The only (and really ONLY) issue is if you every want to type, you hve to whip out the keyboard again. Luckily I have wireless one, so it's easy to slide away, and I do most of my communication when playing through skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    Both Borderlands games were focused on multiplayer, so why would you play it alone? And checkpoints are the only way to do a multiplayer co-op game with resurection. Imagine everyone having a save at a different point...
    some people dont have friends and find the online community complete assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    I agree about the weapon compare thing, it can be a little annoying.
    Other than that i'm having a blast with Borderlands 2, i think it's of the best games i've played this year and i just picked it up because i never tried the first one.
    if you tried the first one, i guess it's nothing new...

Controls are ok, i can live with them once you get used to it. Settings for Graphics and so on are great imo.

You can buy upgrades that makes your inventory bigger, and usually there's vending machines everywhere you go so i'm almost never having space issues.
    Checkpoints are not a big issue for me, there's pleny of save stations and you can always just run back to 1 if you wanna stop playing.

usually i hate not having a save option everywhere, but i don't think it's a deal breaker here.

i you wanna bash bad pc ports, i would say there's plenty of worse examples out there
    FYI You can save and quit anywhere and it saves your progress, yea it returns you back to the checkpoint when you come back, but that's a product of being set up as a multiplayer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    BTW, for people talking about controller/keyboard. [myhumbleopinion]You should take a look (for christmas!) at something like a Razer Nostromo. One thing that I don't know how I could ever do w/o is the little directional controller for the thumb. Freeing up WASD fingers for more commands is the biz! Couple it with a good mouse (I use my WoW Cata mouse) and you can have a myriad of abilities mapped to easy reach.[/myhumbleopinion] The only (and really ONLY) issue is if you every want to type, you hve to whip out the keyboard again. Luckily I have wireless one, so it's easy to slide away, and I do most of my communication when playing through skype.
    I thought the Nostromo was weak. The Logitech G13 is a similar thing but I feel it's much better.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkshir View Post
    FYI You can save and quit anywhere and it saves your progress, yea it returns you back to the checkpoint when you come back, but that's a product of being set up as a multiplayer game.
    sounds great, thanks for clearing that up