$ To spend - Want a FPS w/ Campaign

Help me pick out an FPS to play with a campaign thats solid (FOR PC). I'm looking for a more modern day FPS aka no lasers or halo crap. Prefer to avoid war-style campaign games. Looking for something a little more Spy/Stealth-like based. Sort of like Dishonored.

Also need to be able to Download it, aka steam game would be ideal
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2012-11-10 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Metro 2033, however it is considered in the future (2033, ). It is in a desolate Russia, so the ammo and guns are makeshift and uses ammunition and not as you said.
    There is a pretty good emphasis on stealth. I have personally have gone rambo and stealth it before, so it's your personal choice.
    Stealth is a bit unforgiving. The AI will stay on alert if you get well, alerted, so they don't just go back to their post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield 3 has campaign and is a modern FPS. Also has a lot of multiplayer.

I remember back in the day Tom Clancy's series were pretttttttttty good. Personally I wouldn't pay for a campaign in a FPS game, just not worth the money, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I remember back in the day Tom Clancy's series were pretttttttttty good. Personally I wouldn't pay for a campaign in a FPS game, just not worth the money, but to each his own.
    But thats what I have the urge to play righy now. Soft stealth based game with modern guns.

Basically I was playing Day Z and i was like damn, id like a campaign mode with this sort of gameplay. It just doesn't' need to be zombies.

Yeah metro 2033 is pretty much your best choice and it's an amazing game with amazing atmosphere. Just so you know though going the stealth route in some missions/areas can be very challenging at some points. The AI might not be the best because they didn't have proper funding at the beginning of development, but it's very addicting if you let the game draw you in. They are also coming out with last light in early 2013. They have been strictly developing single player only, and they had proper funding this time.

Another vote for Metro 2033!

You should be able to pick it up cheaply as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I would say Metro 2033, however it is considered in the future (2033, ). It is in a desolate Russia, so the ammo and guns are makeshift and uses ammunition and not as you said.
    There is a pretty good emphasis on stealth. I have personally have gone rambo and stealth it before, so it's your personal choice.
    Stealth is a bit unforgiving. The AI will stay on alert if you get well, alerted, so they don't just go back to their post.
    Going rambo is the best way to die IMO, the beasts are unforgiving!

OP, here's another vote for Metro 2033, it's probably the best deal on Steam for €9,99.

Fear 3 is fun esp on coop Its not really scary but the fps play is fun and playing as fettel is wicked fun

10+ Year Old Account
    fallout 3/nv is an fps but can be a 3rd person too its really an rpg but unless you go with melee for some reason its mainly a shooter otherwise an fps that isnt in a war scenario wont be easy to find plus an fps with stealth is a bit of an odd thing to ask for
    and fps games campaigns only last 4 hours orso nowadays as they tend to stick to multiplayer and dont really care for the singleplayer

what your asking for is a bit hard to find
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-11-12 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Help me pick out an FPS to play with a campaign thats solid (FOR PC). I'm looking for a more modern day FPS aka no lasers or halo crap. Prefer to avoid war-style campaign games. Looking for something a little more Spy/Stealth-like based. Sort of like Dishonored.

Also need to be able to Download it, aka steam game would be ideal
    Spec Ops: The Line is far and away the best option. The first Crysis is also pretty good. If you want to go even more retro, the first Far Cry is also pretty good.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution sounds like exactly what you want except it's a little into the future (not much). It has everything else you mentioned in spades.