Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Regarding other bosses in DS. Anyone have downed Zon'ozz with a warrior? Can't seem to get enough stacks on the boss to beat the enrage timer, still a good 40% away from a kill, and I can't get the stacks any higher without dying.
    I put it at 50% after 3 tries, yesterday. My gear is ~485
    I'm sure I can do better than this so I'm pretty sure you can get him below 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Speeking of that, what bosses has been downed by warriors this far? Mainly wondering about cata and uppwards, the OP seems to not have been uppdated with the last few pages worth of kills.
    AFAIK: Omnotron, Magmaw, Atramedes, Halfus, Valiona, Council, Al'Akir, Alysrazor HM, Shannox, Rhyolith, Yor'sahj.
    With a good tank gear, Omnotron HM should be doable.
    Chimaeron has been killed but it was before the Vengeance fix (and the Avatar nerf.) It's still doable, but harder.
    Anyway, I think more bosses could be killed, but we don't really have any Mione. It takes more time to warriors to try bosses and put enough efforts to kill them.
    Last edited by Senen; 2012-12-30 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I think more bosses could be killed, but we don't really have any Mione. It takes more time to warriors to try bosses and put enough efforts to kill them.
    We have several players capable of soloing everything that is possible. But most of them will never reach BIS gear before new content is released. And warriors are very limited compared to dks in terms of soloing.

Most encounters are just a matter of gear. You can wipe all day and won't progress.

And then it's a question of having the time or interest in killing specific bosses.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thranng View Post
    How do you guys get past the Airborne Waves in Hyjal Summit with all the Gargoyles and the Frost Wyrm?
    Heroic Throw + Throw spam.

Taunt the Frost Wyrm and kite him until he can be hit from the ground.

Most annoying part of the whole instance.

Deleted
    U sure about Throw Spam? It hits for like 400 or so^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    We have several players capable of soloing everything that is possible. But most of them will never reach BIS gear before new content is released. And warriors are very limited compared to dks in terms of soloing.

Most encounters are just a matter of gear. You can wipe all day and won't progress.
    I completely disagree with all of this.
    DK used to be better at soloing but MoP took all tanks to almost the same level. The only reason why bosses die much faster against dk than any other class is Mione (and Raegwynn.) Ok, they're better than us against some bosses but we are better than us against some others.

And I think there are actually few bosses which are only gear-dependant and not gameplay-dependant.

How do you guys get past the Airborne Waves in Hyjal Summit with all the Gargoyles and the Frost Wyrm?
    Use Throw, Heroic Throw, Storm Bolt and/or a bow.

Deleted
    Ah, I forgot about Bows, thank you

You cant use bows Oo just equip them.

Hogger and damn was it rough!

Just kidding, my warriors still 85...

My DK solo'ed Marrowgar on 10 & 25 normal though

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    You cant use bows Oo just equip them.
    Blizzard removed Shoot for warriors/rogues?

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:47 AM ----------

Seems like Blizzard fixed the loot issue for Twins as I don't appear to have damaged Vek'lor this week yet was able to loot them both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesarosaurus View Post
    Basically, you need to abuse Revenge and Victory Rush. Everytime you parry, revenge reset its cooldown even with the curse up.
    Keep a few fanatics alive and spam revenge into boss. Use victory rush and Shield Barrier when curse is not up. If there are too many Adherents go around and spam revenge them down, or use bladestorm. When you reach phase 2 there shouldn't be any adherents, save your interrupt on the death & decay thingie so you can pull the boss out to a safer spot. Kill all the adherents coming out in p2 with the same revenge spam strategy and keep those fanatics alive (they going to die anyway, but more parry = more revenge).
    Thanks for the time to write that down. I got the general idea and but i hit enrage if i clean the adherents to fast (= as they spawn). If i don't clean them up they stand around rather spreaded and i'm cursed for the majority of the fight and Deformed Fanatic connect to often and eat me alive (50k melee swings, 35k Necrotic Strikes).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use heroic throw or get aggro on them, then run "away" from them, they will come diagonally down towards the ground, its how you got them down back in the day too and still works

I wonder how you can solo KT these days though, the MC Kept reseting the fight for me so I gave up and have not tried after 5.1, has that changed?

Do I simply need to wait with CD's etc and burn him before he manages to do a MC? my iLvL in dps is currently only 475 since I mainly tank

kael thas doesnt mc at all when you are alone.go fury spec bladestorm and faceroll the fight.

Yup, if you're alone you don't get mc'd. I didn't try but I'd guess that banner/ghost iron dragonling/etc are forbidden during p4.

I was surprised to notice that I could use my heartstone to the panda capital, portal, go to Tempest Keep, kill KT and my hearthstone wouldn't be up. This fight used to be awesome but is just a stupid zerg now.

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    kael thas doesnt mc at all when you are alone.go fury spec bladestorm and faceroll the fight.
    Because the only thing that has aggro during the fight is you. If you were to use Gurth or Ghost Iron Dragonling (anything that can spawn a pet), you can get MCed while disoriented since pets don't get disoriented and will steal threat from you during the disorient.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Blizzard removed Shoot for warriors/rogues?

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 03:47 AM ----------

Seems like Blizzard fixed the loot issue for Twins as I don't appear to have damaged Vek'lor this week yet was able to loot them both.
    Nope, I've tested today, I couldn't loot Vek'lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I see so many people saying that but it's not true. The only difficult mobs are the hunters which do a debuff that ticks with 20% of your health 5 times. Either kill the hunter in a group before he does that or use a cd. All other trash is a piece of cake.

Been farming the trash up to Kalecgos for ages for blacksmithing plans, but never tried a boss in there.
    I was gonna say that :d It's some kind of hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Nope, I've tested today, I couldn't loot Vek'lor.
    Strange. Combat log and skada recorded 0 damage to Vek'lor for that fight. Maybe just attacking him for 3 minutes makes the game pity you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some idiotic reason yesterday I decided that I could easily take on Mount Hyjal :P

But how on earth are one supposed to battle Rage Winterchill with his constant iceblocks?

Kept dying because since when alone he will spam it on the only target that is a player ever 2-3 seconds, and when death and decay comes around it will tick for 50-60k (since its % and not a set dmg )

Thinking trinkets which will only allow a room of 6 ish seconds total :| and tank gear prot will only make D&D tick for more and second wind isn't enough to keep it up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    For some idiotic reason yesterday I decided that I could easily take on Mount Hyjal :P

But how on earth are one supposed to battle Rage Winterchill with his constant iceblocks?

Kept dying because since when alone he will spam it on the only target that is a player ever 2-3 seconds, and when death and decay comes around it will tick for 50-60k (since its % and not a set dmg )

Thinking trinkets which will only allow a room of 6 ish seconds total :| and tank gear prot will only make D&D tick for more and second wind isn't enough to keep it up :P
    I soloed it yesterday, only time consuming part was the gargoyles (flying mobs) but no wipes (ilvl 490 fury warrior); I never once felt like I was going to die, the death and decay does % dmg(15% unresisted) so, might wanna avoid that. However I agree, he is the most annoying "boss" in there out of the 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips to how you got around the iceblock he does?