Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Buttfear. Genius name.

I went from 122 lb to 127 lb 5 ft 7.5-5'8 is my height. But my waist line has been stable at 26.5 inches.
    I gained weight be increasing protein and fruit intake and have been doing squats and practicing martial kicks.
    I am happy that I no longer have chicken-leg syndrome.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    Eat fast-food, drink Vodka and beer.
    Advice NOT to take.
    Gaining weight can improve ones appearance, but doing it the way you suggested is the worst way possible.

we could do an exchange? i am dying to lose weight.

As you don't do any exercises I would suggest you to go slowly with your diet. As too much eating would hamper shape of your body.

Squats and milk.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    I went from 122 lb to 127 lb 5 ft 7.5-5'8 is my height. But my waist line has been stable at 26.5 inches.
    I gained weight be increasing protein and fruit intake and have been doing squats and practicing martial kicks.
    I am happy that I no longer have chicken-leg syndrome.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 07:06 PM ----------

Advice NOT to take.
    Gaining weight can improve ones appearance, but doing it the way you suggested is the worst way possible.
    You gained 5lbs, a large bowel movement could set you back to 122.

Whether trying to gain weight or lose weight, a good first step is to figure out how much you are actually eating. Keep track of the foods you eat and, just as important, how much of them you eat. From that, you might be able to tell what, if anything, you were doing wrong, or find things about your diet to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to gain weight it would be nice to be muscle weight. So if i were you I would start hitting the gym 3times a week for 40-60minutes doing full body workouts.
    As for the diet a good way to calculate what you need to eat is this:

BMR: Your Basal Metabolic rate is the amount of energy that your body "burns" in a 24-hour period while doing absolutely nothing. It's possible to estimate your BMR from a formula. Obviously, this wont be 100% accurate, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what your body needs to function. These formulas are:

MEN: BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) — (6.8 x age)

Depending on your daily activity, your actual Daily Energy Expenditure (DEE), or the amount of calories you burn in a day, will vary. You can estimate this amount by multiplying your BMR by an "activity" factor.

1.0 = sedentary (do nothing all day but eat potato chips and watch TV)

1.2 = very light activity (desk job, no training, some walking)

1.4 = light activity (no training, job might require some light physical labor)

1.6 = moderate activity (a physically undemanding job, but training on a regular basis)

1.8 = high activity (daily training plus a somewhat physically active job or lifestyle)

2.0 = very high activity (twice-a-day training, sports + training. or training + a very demanding job)

Now if you want to gain weight add around 10%-20% to your DEE (for most people its around 500kcal more). Hope that this helps.
    Also try to eat clean
    ~May the goat be with you~

Deleted
    Calculators for your calori requirement isnt that good to be fair. Some people may have a faster metabolism than others.
    If you plan on eating above maintenance, start with 2500, and if you dont gain weight just move up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Calculators for your calori requirement isnt that good to be fair. Some people may have a faster metabolism than others.
    If you plan on eating above maintenance, start with 2500, and if you dont gain weight just move up.
    I think that calculators are a good starting point.
    Try it for a couple of weeks:
    1)If you gain weight, you're doing it right
    2)If you stay the same eat some more
    3)If you even lose weight (not likely since calculators only fail for +-500kcal) then eat a lot more :P
    I use this calculator with all of my clients and it's pretty much accurate
    ~May the goat be with you~

10+ Year Old Account
    wana trade weights?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"