Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Former WoW player gets busted on sex crimes

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...eytovich_w.php

The front Michael "Propostris" Veytovich presented to the world was a jolly and humorous one, if deeply immature for someone in his mid-30s. A struggling voice actor and part-time rapper who apparently relied heavily on his wife's income, Veytovich looks to have whiled away his days in marathon World of Warcraft sessions, pausing occasionally to create and post to YouTube Lonely Island-ish hip-hop and R&B parodies that frequently revolved around that online fantasy universe. His handle is Propostris, which seems based on Ludacris, one of his heroes and a guy he apparently once opened for at some lame-looking show back in the MySpace days.

By the looks of it, he was pretty good at those parodies, as he had more than 10,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel, who collectively watched his silly little films over a million times. It's the kind of stuff my son is heavily into, but he is only 16, as I'm sure are many of Propostris's fans.

Which makes the following even more alarming...

If what Harris County Sheriff's investigators (and more cops in other jurisdictions) are saying is true, this Tulsa native and one-time Katy resident created would be a truly and utterly loathsome and vile child molester.

According to a complaint on file at the Harris County Courthouse, when not making his videos or gaming, Veytovich has been molesting a young female relative for years and years. Prosecutors here have charged him with continuous aggravated sexual assault of a child.

According to the complaint, there were 30 to 40 episodes of oral sex committed between 2008 and 2009. Another relative has partially corroborated the victim's story. That relation said that Veytovich would isolate the victim from others and that the victim would frequently head straight to the shower after being alone with him.

Veytovich is currently listed with a Carrollton, Texas, address, and is already behind bars in Denton County. There he faces another single first-degree felony count of continuous sexual abuse of a child and five counts of sexual assault of a child. Those alleged offenses would have occurred after the ones in Harris County.

Bail in Denton County has been set at $600,000, and should he find a way to finagle his way out of that jam, he will be shipped down here and held until he can come up with another $60,000 bail.

Oh how they have fallen!!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what World of Warcraft has to do with him being a child molester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is some fucked up man.

I hope his follower dont support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't see what World of Warcraft has to do with him being a child molester.
    The whole vendetta against video games. Any crime that somehow remotely involves video games suddenly gets connected to that video game. Even if the video game isn't part of the crime persay, but is played by the accused.

How is the video game thing even relevant to the story.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Becuase of the whole vendettea against gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    The whole vendetta against video games. Any crime that somehow remotely involves video games suddenly gets connected to that video game. Even if the video game isn't part of the crime persay, but is played by the accused.
    same thing with that senator being a rouge and somehow being unfit to run for that office. same as saying the columbine massacre had ANYTHING to do with Doom. its an easy scapegoat. people demand answers to questions they cant get their heads wrapped around and see an easy out with something they don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Kinda what I was wondering too.

Deleted
    it's not the worst thing a wow player has done.

Deleted
    Heh, if this had been reported during the election, I can imagine it being used against that senator in Maine who was getting ripped on by her opposition for playing WoW.

'Former WoW player' of course encompasses more people that most countries on the planet contain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    'Former WoW player' of course encompasses more people that most countries on the planet contain.
    True i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Becuase of the whole vendettea against gaming
    Repeating it won't help get rid of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    An article starting with "A former pizza consumer" would make as much sense in connecting molestation to pizza consumption as this article makes sense with connecting it to WoW.

That's right. Zero sense.

Deleted
    So being a wow player gives us a bigger chanse to be a child molester?

Wuld love to hear a "proffesional" or an "expert" combine those two things to make sense..

Can we change the title of this to one of :

Former Youtube User Gets Busted on Sex Crimes ?

or

Former car driver Gets Busted on Sex Crimes ?

or

Former and Current Hetrosexual Male gets Busted on Sex Crimes ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Can we change the title of this to one of :

Former Youtube User Gets Busted on Sex Crimes ?
    I agree to that onee

millions play WoW. the odds pretty much demand that some of them will be horrible people. it's only slightly more relevant than stating "a man that drives a car committed murder". so basically not at all. but im pretty sure the prosecutor will use the WoW angle, maybe find some BG chat logs with him raging at "noobs" or something

Yea doesn't really make a lot of sense. The whole violent video game crusade and all that. Considering wow is very very VERY tame in comparison to alot of games out there. manhunt 2, or have you seen l4d 2? Literally organs and guts strewn everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Its sad and more than a little stupid that folks do this. Non gamers seem to lap this kinda thing up and dont think anything strange about the association but they'd go WTF just like us if the headline read something like "Former McDonald's Customer gets busted on sex crimes." and the piece mentions the perp ate out once a month at the golden arches.

Who is John Galt?