Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    noone, not even the original article says wow has anything to do with child molesting, what are you guys reading? They are saying a former WoW player...the guy doesnt live in the real world, he is only known online so they mention that he played wow....

A little more context would be nice. How old was the "child", and was she consenting this? She clearly came back to it repeatedly. 30 or 40 times. This isn't an isolated rape, so I'm a bit suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    She clearly came back to it repeatedly. 30 or 40 times.
    Wow....just wow.

Maybe he can sue Blizzard for making him a child molestor.

A little more context would be nice. How old was the "child", and was she consenting this? She clearly came back to it repeatedly. 30 or 40 times. This isn't an isolated rape, so I'm a bit suspicious.
    Your post doesn't make sense, "she came back to it repeatedly", there's plenty of people who sexually abuse younger relatives for years, it doesn't mean that the victim was somehow okay with this tough. Your post make it sound like the victim "allowed" this to happen because it happened repeatedly.

Why the fuck is anything bad that someone did who played WoW connected to their gaming in the news? I never see "guy who enjoys basketball/cycling/playing guitar busted for sex crimes". Likewise, I never see, "WoW player gets Physics Ph.D.!".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't see what World of Warcraft has to do with him being a child molester.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    How is the video game thing even relevant to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I'm a tad confused as to why/how WoW has anything to do with this...
    READ THE ARTICLE lol :P

he has thousands of followers on youtube and makes wow videos. Check him out.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2012-11-11 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I'm a tad confused as to why/how WoW has anything to do with this...
    He played wow & swtor made some parodies, used and abused people in the machinima commuunity
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

[sarcasm] They told you video games would turn you into a criminal. WoW turns you into a child molester. [/sarcasm]

Yeah, who cares if he played WoW? Never heard of this guy, and before I even read the charges, I still hated the guy for being a rap parodist.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

I was going to say something like:
    "Turns out normal people can be molesters, too."

Then I checked a few of his videos.
    Yeah. Normal. Look; normal people don't put stuff like that up and pretend it's good. Normal people would make a song, play it, listen back at it, and decide that it's crap. Well; if it's the kind of quality of a genuine 'Propostris,' that is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I was going to say something like:
    "Turns out normal people can be molesters, too."

Then I checked a few of his videos.
    Yeah. Normal. Look; normal people don't put stuff like that up and pretend it's good. Normal people would make a song, play it, listen back at it, and decide that it's crap. Well; if it's the kind of quality of a genuine 'Propostris,' that is...
    Wheres the like button when you need it

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started playing WoW, I saw two gnomes of opposite genders, not wearing gear. The male was /sleep'ing, and the female was ontop of him /dance'ing.
    Changed my life forever.

Am I doing it right?

Yeah it's sick, but it's not WoW's fault.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I partly agree. If that "relative" was a third cousin twice removed of 17 years, this story would be meh at best.

That she "came back" to it on the other hand is a dangerous statement. She might have been forced to it... maybe he blackmailed her?
    Story really doesnt give much info about the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking News: Most predators used to go to school! School makes people child predators?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, i read the thread title and immediately wondered if it was a person or two in my guild.

I think we all have one or two people in guild that we wouldn't be too surprised to read about in the paper one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenden View Post
    I'll be honest, i read the thread title and immediately wondered if it was a person or two in my guild.

I think we all have one or two people in guild that we wouldn't be too surprised to read about in the paper one day.
    Youu never know whats going to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    How is the video game thing even relevant to the story.
    He has also made WoW related videos. Thats why.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most journalists reporting on sex crimes will make some statement about what/who this person was before they were charged with the crime; especially if their involvement put them in direct contact or interaction with kids.

...former camp counselor.
    ...former head coach.
    ...former WoW player.
    ...former teacher.

Its pretty weak journalism in this case and the author went so far as to say Propostris' videos were "It's the kind of stuff my son is heavily into, but he is only 16" as if to support relevance. I'm not really seeing too much in the way of WoW-related youtube videos on his channel that are newer than two years old. Most of his stuff is just god-awful. This is not to mention that the author seems more involved with what the guy did for a living or what he did in his spare time than the crime that was committed. TMZ does better reporting that this.

I like how the video they linked in the article is "I'm Screwed".
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

if only he had played more and raped less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't see what World of Warcraft has to do with him being a child molester.
    Just as much as Breivik killing can't remember how many people had anything do with WoW. Yet they talked about WoW in the trial for hours.