Thread: Elemental Tips

Elemental Tips

I currently am specced Resto/Elemental. I have trouble on the Elegon fight for some reason, and can't seem to get my orb down without saving most of my DPS CDs. While this does decrease my personal DPS by a lot, I help the overall raid. Some of my items are not that great, and I have not been lucky enough to get an actual appropriate helm. Anyways, most of my gear ATM is set to healing spec where I generally move everything to crit, because of my 50% mastery, as well as 7.5% haste (I generally sit at 10% tho, wish it was less). But when I know I am DPSing, I generally move EVERYTHING to haste, and sit at around 17-18% haste, 3something% mastery and around 14% crit(buffed).

Armory: look up Hoodingo on Stormscale [not allowed to post links at this time]

On Elegon here is what I do during orb phase:

1. Keep Flame Shock Up on Elegon and the orb for surge procs
    2. Cast LB
    3. Cast EB
    4. Save Fulmination for the OH SHT moment

It should be noted at the pull of the fight, I do NOT pop ascendance, and instead use it in the first orb phase, particularly during the 4th spawn (we go for 6 waves) or higher. But I do use my Fire Elemental Totem, with the glyph which allows me to use it for the 2nd orb phase.

I'm also at odds with my own DPS on this boss, as it is quite comparable to other boss fights even with the DPS increase. My Warlock seems to be pulling well into the 120k+ DPS, while I can only sit at 70k with a peak of about 90k (after burst). I do not know if this is just because Warlocks are in a better spot at the moment, or am I just bad at this quite easy rotation. I currently do not have logs, as far as I know my guild does not post on WoL but my uptime on FS is usually 96%+. Any tips would be appreciated, if there's any different stat weights I should look into I appreciate the insight.

I keep flame shock on elegon before the orbs spawn then flame shock it first thing then elemental blast and lavaburst followup, usually get an instant lavaburst somewhere in there as a proc otherwise fill with lightning bolts and fulmination.

Make sure the people beside you are helping if they down theirs faster as well, sometimes you get good crits and will finish first other times they will.
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

See that's what usually happens. I actually go with LB first, so just in case I get a free surge, it's not a wasted LB, then follow up with an EB. Usually the off-tank helps out while he can but when I don't get good procs off, it just doesn't work out well and gets very close. There will be times when I get very good procs, and my orb goes down within the LB procs, in which case I turn to help out, as well as refresh FS on the boss.