Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    While I like everyone has seen extremly bad players in LFR, i never encountered that League of Legend level of verbal abuse in this game. Eich I find rather weird tbh, I was expecting alot more freak outs after spending so much time in LoL but most people tend to be terrible in silence, or complain in acceptable ways.
    You think LoL is bad? Try DotA(Battle.net US public games).
    I play both for a long time, mostly DotA.
    Just like you I was expecting people to just freak out in this game due to how bad people say the WoW community is. Turns out far far from bad, or at least DotA level bad. *edit in game, not the forum, such as this one.

On topic, I met all of those people before, but it is pretty rare. People only remember things that stand out to them.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2012-11-11 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I've never been in an LFR that was 24 mouthbreathers and myself. I've never been in an LFR that had any mouthbreathers.
    Not the norm at all.

In the 3 years I played WoW it wasn't until LFR that I got a mouthbreather from another realm who was so angry he didn't get his weapon, that he made a level 1 toon to harass my alt over it (who won 2, and didn't notice it to almost leaving the raid). When Kev stepped in to tell him to leave and put him on /ignore when he turned nasty, he made a DK and continued on yelling at both toons. Had to report the dude to Blizzard as a dude that crazy (his chat was verbal garbage enough) needed intervention.

Before even that when my alt noticed he got 2 weapons (and the shock), he was trying to make a decision who to hand it too, when that idiot pleaded, begged (yes begged), then proceeded to threaten my toon. When I told the raid and the priest that remained I would give it to her (she was quiet in all of the affair), he tried to get her kicked from the raid. He was c-r-a-z-y. Foaming at the mouth bath salts crazy over ONE weapon.

So, yeah, you've been extremely lucky because WoW -- hands down -- has the worst behaved players around. Never seen that crap in a game before.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

If you've never had a pvp geared blood DK "tank" that rages at you for telling him to go into blood presence on the next pull so everyone including the healer isn't pulling off him I'd say you haven't experienced to full wonders of dungeon finder...

Some people are very quick to see whatever they want to see - when I did MSV LFR last week the RL called for me to be votekicked from the raid because of my low healing output (he was ranting about slackers and kicked everyone below certain dps/hps thresholds).
    I was playing a balance druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, now, all of everything I see on these forums about the general WoW community is that it's a plague of mouthbreathers who spout barely-competent drivel all over the keyboard while doing approximately 8k DPS in 470 itemlevel gotten from facerolling LFR with the 'goods' carrying them.

Or is everyone exaggerating? Because I have, as what I like to think of as an above-average competent player (by the standards above, I would be a god), have never encountered any of these things.

I've never seen a DPS failing to break 20k in a heroic.
    I've never seen somebody needing on gear they don't need out of spite or to vendor.
    I've never seen people raging at anyone in a random dungeon and using language that's... y'know. That kind of bad.
    I've never been in an LFR that was 24 mouthbreathers and myself. I've never been in an LFR that had any mouthbreathers.

Am I abnormally lucky? Or is the community as a whole exaggerating? Like, a lot?
    I do agree with you mostly. There is ALOT of exaggeration when it comes to the quality of players that people speak about both in-game and on the forums. But I had an experience this past week that kind of changed my mind about LFR.

It took me 23 tries in about 8 different groups to down Garalon, the 23rd try being the time where the group passed me lead and I explained absolutely everything they needed to know. There are 2 absolutely monumental problems plaguing WoW right now, those problems being noone, or only half the group listening to directions, and secondly, not knowing how to actively avoid and interrupt.

Theres always been the ongoing joke about get out of the fire or get out of the stupid. But Cataclysm kind of removed the need for people to actually avoid things. So many people are willing to sacrifice them surviving and encounter to put 50k DPS on the board. Both in MSV and in HoF, there are several encounters that simply are not a DPS race. It is LFR, so it will be easier, but people need to realize that LFR was introduced at the end of an expansion where the gear was far, far better in comparison to the instance than it was in the beginning of the expansion. Had LFR been released for T11, it would have been much like it is now. So essentially, a huge amount of people are rolling into LFR thinking they're invincible. Alot of people though, if they aren't trying to be superman and put up the highest numbers in the first .4 seconds of an encounter before dying, just plain don't listen to directions. I can't begin to say how many times "do not go anywhere near the purple circle" and "don't DPS the body" was said during those 23 times. But still, there were at least 4 or 5 that would just flat out not listen. One person was actually DPSing the body while standing in the purple circle.

So all in all, yeah, people are doing pretty ok DPS, but alot of people still don't have DPS that reflects their ilvl. Needing on things you don't need is a rarity. I have seen quite a bit of raging in dungeons, but ironically it's usually the ragers fault, and yes, there are definetly LFR groups that have 24 mouthbreathers in it. But most of the time, you're guaranteed to get at least 3

Deleted
    I also count myself in the "very lucky" category. I mean, my battlegroup seems to be filled with nice people who know what to do in the game.
    Of course I have seen some stupid ones try to be pros or trolls but they are def. the minority.

Deleted
    Yes, I see them pretty much every single run I do.

for instance the last dungeon I did, I did as much dps as the two other dps together, in worse gear.

Every Random BG I've ever been in for the last few years have had horrible people. Not play-wise, but in generally how they conduct themselves as human beings.
    I'd say, the same rule, applied to Random dungeons, would be something like... 40%. With LFR, it's also 100%. Someone is always insulting someone in LFR.

Generally playing bad wise, I've seen very little.

Bad attitudes? I see all the time. Infact, I'd say that's probably the cause of a big amount of complaints. The general venomous community. People here included, even. People just want to insult people.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2012-11-11 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Okay, now, all of everything I see on these forums about the general WoW community is that it's a plague of mouthbreathers who spout barely-competent drivel all over the keyboard while doing approximately 8k DPS in 470 itemlevel gotten from facerolling LFR with the 'goods' carrying them.

Or is everyone exaggerating? Because I have, as what I like to think of as an above-average competent player (by the standards above, I would be a god), have never encountered any of these things.

I've never seen a DPS failing to break 20k in a heroic.
    I've never seen somebody needing on gear they don't need out of spite or to vendor.
    I've never seen people raging at anyone in a random dungeon and using language that's... y'know. That kind of bad.

Am I abnormally lucky? Or is the community as a whole exaggerating? Like, a lot?
    not trying to be a dick, but there is no exaggeration by the community, there really are that many mouthbreathers and ninjas

if u cant remember them, because i guaruntee u have encountered them, then either u were lucky and won the ninja looter rolls,
    or u just arent as decent as u claim to be and are one of the mouthbreathers ^^

there really are that many, ofc luck factors in a hell of a lot,
    jsut last week i joind a msv lfr on an alt
    1/3, ok ill give it a go, the raid is standing at will - elegon was skipped (cos all too bad)
    2 hrs later i give up and leave cos they really are that special.

whereas yesterday i was in and out of there in 30mins, all 3 kills. Luck.

Deleted
    i think you have been extreemly lucky tbh !

The first three I'll give you, but far more than half of the LFR sessions I've been in in the past month have been heavily stacked with people I can only assume blackout and convulse on their keyboards during boss battles. We're talking a 10 minute talk (waiting on people to join) on how to beat Garalon, constantly repeating "don't stand in the purple ring and don't be behind the legs if you can avoid it just to shrink the chances of you accidentally standing in the purple ring" only to have a melee class run dead center and burst until he is one-shot, then another, then another until the group just disbands.

The other week I just wanted a Will victory so I could use my extra roll and I swear six to eight ranged just stood in the middle and shot the bosses until the adds killed the tanks.

It's not exaggeration, you're just really lucky. Like the people who've never had to spend more than three weeks grinding dungeons to gear up in any expansion, there's always gonna be the "lucky outliers."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Honestly I've had great luck with dungeons, ok luck with LFR and a spotless record of only getting into random bgs with the scum of the Earth.
    That feeling when you know for a fact you've carried the entire team for more than a minute by yourself. (healing classes left alone at the last flag/ball/cart)

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    1. Why does it matter that they can break 20k? I'd expect them to be doing 40k dps anyway, at least, if they were a bad.
    Depends on the class. The bottom third of the DPS classes in ilvl440 gear doing Heroics to gear up might actually have trouble pulling 40k on single-targets. You can't judge everything based on the your own class. (Unless they're a Mage, DK or Warlock pulling <40K, in which case they probably don't understand their class.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The first three I'll give you, but far more than half of the LFR sessions I've been in in the past month have been heavily stacked with people I can only assume blackout and convulse on their keyboards during boss battles. We're talking a 10 minute talk (waiting on people to join) on how to beat Garalon, constantly repeating "don't stand in the purple ring and don't be behind the legs if you can avoid it just to shrink the chances of you accidentally standing in the purple ring" only to have a melee class run dead center and burst until he is one-shot then another, then another until the group just disbands.
    I finally got my HoF done last night after trying for two days to get a fresh queue (turns out it was my queue that was bugged to only give me 2/6, I had to get invited by someone else and have them queue).

We had at least 8 wipes on Garalon. After the first attempt people seemed to grasp "don't step in the purple circle" pretty well however we spent multiple attempts wiping because the tanks just would not both get hit by the swipe and the boss spent the entire fights gaining fury stacks until it was unhealable. We had a hunter kiting and people kept saying we need someone else to kite, but no one ever joined him so we also wiped multiple times to that.

It wasn't until one tank left, we got some new dps in, people sat around for at least 10 minutes waiting for a full raid and an explanation and we got two people assigned to kiting who knew how to do it and both tanks finally stayed in front of the boss that we were able to down it.

On my end, it ended up being worth it because I got a chestpiece off the boss. It goes to show, people in LFR are capable of learning but it might take more attempts and more people giving up and leaving than some people have patience for.