Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579

    an appeal to whoever it is trolling on RIFT:Starfall Prophecy forums

    Hi, guys.

    Someone recently told me about this, so I checked it out on the forums.

    As most of you guys know, I've stopped playing RIFT and deleted all my characters, items given away, uninstalled the game, etc.

    I understand people may be fans of mine or others that have been banned and thereby wish to exact revenge.
    Yes, I am pissed off at Trion. Yes, I am pissed off at Brasse, but there is a correct way to do things. I have requested a refund.

    So, basically, nothing more needs to be said. No-one needs to troll things.

    Please - whoever is RP4LIFE, berasse or any other RIFT forum account else that's been made, please stop making new accounts and trolling - more than one person has already suggested "you" were me.

    No more is needed. Don't Troll. Please.

    Thanks

    ~ Wocky.


    EDIT: Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows theWocky confronts people directly, bluntly. Every negative critical video I have ever done was tweeted DIRECTLY at them.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-24 at 09:43 PM. Reason: edited for clarity / much less verbose

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  2. #2
    Sweet Jesus let it go already. I made this account to tell you this. I am a former player that's fed up and angry at Trion as well. I've kept up with the forums and the subreddit but just to lurk. The one account you mentioned only has two posts and the other hasn't posted anything in days so there's no need to bring it up other than to try and distance yourself from it. The cats out of the bag but who cares. Nobody else created that account, there would be no reason to. Just stop it already. I don't blame you for trying to get a refund and good luck with that but seriously, just move on.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDefiant1 View Post
    so there's no need to bring it up other than to try and distance yourself from it.
    um, yeah - so that's why I made this post - to distance myself from it and to say I don't condone trolling. /facepalm

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDefiant1 View Post
    Nobody else created that account, there would be no reason to.
    Yup - and this is the problem - many others could and have. Hence this post. Accusations from people like you.

    Gratz on making an MMO-champion account! You won't get banned here for no good reason.

    ps. Merry Christmas
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-24 at 09:41 PM.

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  4. #4
    There's no other logical reason for that account. People aren't stupid Wocky, just leave well enough alone. Merry Christmas to you too.

    And if anyone from Trion is reading this: I'm one of those loyal customers that played every day for years. I bought the expansions and some fluff but wasn't a patron. I was really active in the community. I am one of those players that just up and left but kept quiet about it. You know the reason why, just go read your own forums. Shame on you, what a terrible 2016 for this once amazing game.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDefiant1 View Post
    People aren't stupid Wocky,
    Actually, I disagree with you on that front.


    I work in the IT industry. I witness it first-hand every day.

    guy complains his wireless mouse isn't working. I ask him if he checked the batteries. "It uses batteries?"
    "No, moron... it runs on plastic"

    "this notebook's sound isn't working. I want a refund"
    "you sure it's not on mute?"
    >silence<
    "yeah, it's working now"

    "this printer isn't working. get out here now and fix it!"
    arrive. notice it's off. press button.
    >printing comes out printer<
    "oh, it was off?"
    >no apologies, just an awkward: "well, thanks for that"<

    "my internet isn't working, can you teamviewer in and fix?"
    >facepalm<

    Just last night at 10pm: "I've forgotten my PC password. Do you have it? Did you change it?"

    "My mail is coming to my phone, but not my PC"
    "can you browse the internet on your PC?"
    "no, I have no internet access - out of data"

    But, yes. Merry Christmas

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,826
    What is Rift?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What is Rift?
    It was a fun MMO that was similar to WoW when it was first made. It got ruined when it went FTP.

  8. #8
    Epic! Comfort Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Signature by the lovely Winter Blossom <3
    Posts
    1,740
    Do you have moderator approval for that sig? Just curious... :P

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Do you have moderator approval for that sig? Just curious... :P
    Of course - it's 500x100 and less than 50k (29k in fact) in size. It's exactly the same stuff that used to be in text in my sig.

    Nowhere does it say "follow me! Subscribe Now! Like me!"

    Also, part of the Curse Gaming Network? I promote MMO-champion on my channel.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-24 at 08:11 PM.

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What is Rift?
    A somewhat dead game now with only very strong supporters left, players such as theWocky, who creates 200 threads on MMO in hopes of 5 people reading them potentially increase Rift's playerbase with 400%

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    players such as theWocky, who creates 200 threads on MMO in hopes of 5 people reading them potentially increase Rift's playerbase with 400%
    Uh, no. You're confusing me with Slipmat. I'm no White Knight.

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  12. #12
    Epic! Comfort Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Signature by the lovely Winter Blossom <3
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Of course - it's 500x100 and less than 50k (29k in fact) in size. It's exactly the same stuff that used to be in text in my sig.

    Nowhere does it say "sub now, like, etc"

    Also, part of the Curse Gaming Network? I promote MMO-champion on my channel.
    Idk dude. Gonna need confirmation because this is essentially self-promotion.

    Could we get @Edge- in here to confirm that this sig is not a breach of the ToS? I'm just concerned because if we let one person get away with it then many more will try the same and before long MMOC will be known as that website any youtuber can come on to advertise for free... :P

  13. #13
    I haven't played Rift in a while, but I loved it when I did. What has Trion done with their latest expansion if someone doesn't mind me asking?

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Could we get @Edge- in here to confirm that this sig is not a breach of the ToS?
    I just PM'ed him about it. He's probably on leave.

    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ youtube WockyCC ★ blog WOCKSTER.com
    ► Scary Real Life stuff: my girlfriend shoots at home intruders

  15. #15
    Wow Wocky some people rather give you shit then be on topic...

    Also to the poster who asked no his sig isn't breaking ToS. You are allowed to post ur Twitch,Youtube and so on, There is even a thread for it. No where in Wocky's sig does it say "Please click my links"

    Also Wocky isn't the only one to do it and even a few mods have there twitch in there sig.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    A somewhat dead game now with only very strong supporters left, players such as theWocky, who creates 200 threads on MMO in hopes of 5 people reading them potentially increase Rift's playerbase with 400%
    You do realize Wocky quit rift and even made a video showing him deleting all his toons right? The video went into great detail with the issues he had with Rift and Trion.

    Hell it was a bit over 2 hours long.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Demon Hunter (Alt) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow Wocky some people rather give you shit then be on topic...

    Also to the poster who asked no his sig isn't breaking ToS. You are allowed to post ur Twitch,Youtube and so on, There is even a thread for it. No where in Wocky's sig does it say "Please click my links"

    Also Wocky isn't the only one to do it and even a few mods have there twitch in there sig.

    - - - Updated - - -


    You do realize Wocky quit rift and even made a video showing him deleting all his toons right? The video went into great detail with the issues he had with Rift and Trion.

    Hell it was a bit over 2 hours long.
    For someone who quit Rift he sure does make threads about it all the time

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    For someone who quit Rift he sure does make threads about it all the time
    Its almost like people talk about games they once loved and hope return to there (In there opinion) former glory.

    Its almost like this is a forum site where people talk about things.

    You been on this site since 2011 and yet somehow this is new to you? Just because you quit a game doesn't mean you can't talk about it. If you even read the OP you would see he had a full legit reason to post about it.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Demon Hunter (Alt) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like people talk about games they once loved and hope return to there (In there opinion) former glory.

    Its almost like this is a forum site where people talk about things.

    You been on this site since 2011 and yet somehow this is new to you? Just because you quit a game doesn't mean you can't talk about it. If you even read the OP you would see he had a full legit reason to post about it.
    Yeah, complaining about trolls on a forum that isn't the forum with the trolls. It's about as effective as crying about balance changes in WoW on the MMO forum, oh wait.

  19. #19
    Epic! Comfort Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Signature by the lovely Winter Blossom <3
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow Wocky some people rather give you shit then be on topic...

    Also to the poster who asked no his sig isn't breaking ToS. You are allowed to post ur Twitch,Youtube and so on, There is even a thread for it. No where in Wocky's sig does it say "Please click my links"
    Comedy gold... thank you :P

    And there is a difference between a discrete text link and a full blown banner. I hope it won't be necessary to PM a global to get the answer because globals are really scary.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Yeah, complaining about trolls on a forum that isn't the forum with the trolls. It's about as effective as crying about balance changes in WoW on the MMO forum, oh wait.
    How do you know the trolls on that forum are not also here????

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Comedy gold... thank you :P

    And there is a difference between a discrete text link and a full blown banner. I hope it won't be necessary to PM a global to get the answer because globals are really scary.
    You care way to much and it breaks TOS to play mod by the way. Once again not the only person with one and even some mods advertise there twitch.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    My Paladin (Main)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Landore/simple
    My Demon Hunter (Alt) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ludence/simple

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •