1. #1

    Anything that pisses off Wocky must be good

    1. Just because you have a British accent does not mean you sound smart
    2. The game is F2P get over it already edit: with B2P features in 4.0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63bfaKoLjI
    ^ 30:00 they address it
    3. I have blown more on PokemonGo in one month then I have in Rift over 5 years. That game is free to play also
    4. People are getting older and not everyone can play MMO's all day
    5. Stop recruiting 15 year olds to your guilds and maybe you can keep a raid group together
    6. If you hate the game so much go do something else.
    7. Bought the game because anything that pisses you off must be pretty good and the game still is F2P
    8. You completely ignore the fact that multiple other MMO's still charge for content.

    Last edited by Puremallace; 2016-08-12 at 03:01 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  2. #2
    I do not think you know what f2p means.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I do not think you know what f2p means.
    Is Rift partly becoming B2P on content? uh yeah because the stuff is not free to make. Should Trion just admit this? Yeah. Is it worth this massive crusade this guy is on like Trion killed his first born? No. At some point the hate becomes pretty silly.

    The game offers an absolute ton of content that is free and that is hard for anyone to deny.
    Last edited by Puremallace; 2016-08-12 at 02:31 PM.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Is Rift partly becoming B2P on content? uh yeah because the stuff is not free to make. Should Trion just admit this? Yeah. Is it worth this massive crusade this guy is on like Trion killed his first born? No. At some point the hate becomes pretty silly.

    The game offers an absolute ton of content that is free and that is hard for anyone to deny.
    I think most of the hate you see over Rift is it is blindingly obvious they are simply cash-grabbing, and have been for some time, at the expense of the future of their game.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I think most of the hate you see over Rift is it is blindingly obvious they are simply cash-grabbing, and have been for some time, at the expense of the future of their game.
    I guess but they are required to monetize the game to maintain operations. Given the amount of money I have spent in PoGo compared to the content I get from that compared to this it is silly to see some of the crying over this game. Maybe some people need a serious break or find another hobby to get their minds off MMO's.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I guess but they are required to monetize the game to maintain operations. Given the amount of money I have spent in PoGo compared to the content I get from that compared to this it is silly to see some of the crying over this game. Maybe some people need a serious break or find another hobby to get their minds off MMO's.
    There is a difference in being a smart business when it comes to monetization, and being one that is simply cash-grabbing as much as they can, and to hell with the products longevity and success.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    There is a difference in being a smart business when it comes to monetization, and being one that is simply cash-grabbing as much as they can, and to hell with the products longevity and success.
    Same debate that has been going on since WoW started selling mounts. They had to make a choice. Certain features came with the exapansion. I do not care if you do not like that ear rings were not considered part of the f2p. You can do a lot of the experts without them. They only become a needed feature in raids.

    They are clearly experimenting on how they can incentivize Patron status and it might have crossed a line but being a Patron does not equal the best gear in the game on day 1.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  8. #8
    Mounts are nowhere the same as item slots, or content, or gear.

    Mounts are more a cosmetic thing.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Mounts are nowhere the same as item slots, or content, or gear.

    Mounts are more a cosmetic thing.
    btw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63bfaKoLjI

    ^ 30:00 minutes in they address a lot of the B2P and F2P stuff right there
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    2. The game is F2P
    7. Bought the game

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I did a slight edit after listening to the new video they released address the B2P features with the new expansion
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  12. #12
    I see Wocky and Slipmat as 2 sides of the same coin. One sees that Trion can do no wrong and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The other sees that Trion can do no right and they are the worst thing since Hitler. I personally haven't played Rift since before Nightmare Tide was released. Shit just kept getting worse, despite my thinking Rift was the best MMORPG since WoW came into being. I have fond memories of Rift, and the idea and concept behind the game is my absolute favorite (I have a love affair with elementals and such). My only gripe before they went f2p and got overzealous with the monetization was the art design, with minor gripes about them changing many things (like soul acquisition for example).

    If people find joy in playing Rift, good on them. Hope they keep doing so.

  13. #13
    This is not a remotely productive thread, closing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •