Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Dimensions unlocked on Beta

Looks like it's time for Rift to get it's own sticky video thread. Lots of good videos are getting buried. I'll move some of the more recent ones into this thread and we can use this sticky going forward for all your awesome videos. Please be respectful of peoples videos if you don't like something don't watch it.

Enjoy!
    ~ Azuri

In a surprise move, a few more Dimensions were made available to players on the Open Beta over the weekend

All are based on Storm Legion locations, i must admit the Becropolis one has an awesome background setting

If you're not sure what the other Dimensions available are, also came across the same guy who recorded the 'older' Dimensions

The only one not shown is the very basic free Dimension every player will get at level 7, yes level 7 for your first free house, although it is a bit..'cramped', it's the hut on the hill near the first quest hub in Silverwood you come across at Sanguine Shores, just talk to an NPC in Sanctum and i assume Meridian who sends you off to do a simple "talk to NPC in Argent Glade" for free house
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-11 at 03:21 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necropolis is really nice! I will probably go for that one :-).
    Nice vids!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    All are based on Storm Legion locations
    actually, breach chamber is the final room of king's breach (spike floor anybody?)

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:06 PM ----------

also, i recall seeing caer kholum as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you guys liked the vids! The way I look at it, I wouldn't want to buy a real house without knowing what it looked like why should my pixels be any different?

These prices have doubled/tripled/quadrupled since the original beta release of the first 5. eeesh

And apparently I'm too noob to post any links so I can't show you the screenie of the prices yet lol

Deleted
    The whole player dimension thing is one of the greatest ideas Trion put in their games. While I was on the open beta, I found some dimensions that the owners had transformed into jumping puzzles and mazes... this is a way to let your players create content too a bit, great idea, honestly.

I saw the Central Necropolis, was hoping the edge would be on the walls at the entrance so you'd see past them, but still, nice one.

I tried a few dimensions during beta... I'm so bad at decorating (RL says hi....), but I had soooo much fun. ... although my dimension will definitely... suck. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    I tried a few dimensions during beta... I'm so bad at decorating (RL says hi....), but I had soooo much fun. ... although my dimension will definitely... suck. ;P
    Yeah it's pretty much all I've done, I'm a little bit obsessed. Hell I don't even have a working spec over there yet lol.

Also, they finally opened up the building in Strozza Villa so you actually can use that building. In my video they still had it closed off rendering it useless.

They also opened up 2 more Dimensions in the beta since the vid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyways. In Dimensions, are you allowed items like Weapon Racks or Armor Dummies where you can display old weapons and equipment?

I'm assuming they don't have that, but it would be cool as hell (in my opinion) to basically make a "trophy" dimension to display past favorite gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyways. In Dimensions, are you allowed items like Weapon Racks or Armor Dummies where you can display old weapons and equipment?

I'm assuming they don't have that, but it would be cool as hell (in my opinion) to basically make a "trophy" dimension to display past favorite gear.
    Not currently, but both are quite high on the list of player suggestions. Trion knows they've stumbled onto something with near limitless potential; private training grounds with target dummies, player made dungeons, arenas, trophy rooms are just a few of the future options available for development.

Depending on how far back Dimensions development goes, it's understandable that creation is currently limited to building blocks, set pieces and some environmental adjustors. If people don't latch on to the general concept, investing in fluff and alt-storage is a waste of resources.

For clarity's sake: I'm all in favor of every little thing added to Dimensions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that players had started making Jumping Puzzles with their Dimensions, which is really cool. A player made dungeon would straight up be the Cat's Pajamas, especially if you can add in flavor text, NPC's, and create your own enemies. 0.o

I think you're right...if Trion plays their cards right then Dimensions can take on some CRAZY paths.

For now I will hold firm with my goal of *simply* being able to build a small Keep to lord over.

Deleted

RIFT: Storm Legion, a look at one of the new Colossus Volan with commentary

Ladies and Gentleman, I present slightly more in-depth look at the Volan encounter from SL beta, previewing some footage from the leading up stage, explaining some hints and tricks for this fight and also some footage from the final stages of volan with obviously a sub-par british commentary as always, Enjoy ^^

Dat Volan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to miss the last two phases Good job none the less watching in this in 1080p just shows off the attention to detail nicely. Zone events are ton a fun in this game makes the world so alive. I've done several other zone events to I like that they've been ramped up and make people more accountable and you die if you just stand in one place and try to zerg.

15+ Year Old Account
    This looks epic, almost enough to make me want to resub, MoP just isn't doing it for me at the moment.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azuri, you still in the process of moving videos from that other thread into here? O_o

I know we had a fair few pages in that other one of videos... so... ;p

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 03:52 AM ----------

I'll be uploading several Rift videos tonight, both Beta and Live... but for now, here's something from November 2011!!!

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Azuri, you still in the process of moving videos from that other thread into here? O_o

I know we had a fair few pages in that other one of videos... so... ;p
    Soon™

Edit: After thinking about it the way the forums merge posts it puts the oldest posts at the beginning of this thread so everyone will have to go through pages of old videos and posts to get to the current/latest posts. Going forward we'll just use this thread from now on if there is anything that's relevant from some time ago go ahead and post it here.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-11-11 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some awesome features of Rift's UI, PART ONE:

Part TWO:

Tempest Bay music has an AWESOME intro:

I.... wat? wat is thiz?!

I suck and got no res. End of the Exodus of the Storm Queen dungeon!!

Bit of footage of killing the final boss in the Meridian city Instant Adventures!! This shows pretty easily how the city has gone from hub of crafting and auctioneering to OMFG GET IT KILL IT!!!

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I scared Elrawr off on the PTS when they were doing kill the dev.... :'(

MERIDIAN IS UNDER ATTACK 24 FREAKIN' 7!!! DEAR GOD SAVE US ALL!!!

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked Azuri (Moderator) if I could post these as these are some reviews I made and a few comments for Rift: Storm Legion.

I don't use YouTUBE to make money. My other amateur videos on my channel will attest to this. I have a property portfolio and I.T. business for that. These are just the ramblings of a 40-year-old gamer who can't quit his addiction :P

A very brief summary / comments / review / first impressions of Rift:

A quick look at the graphics:

10+ Year Old Account
    Got some Storm Legion launch day videos up last night!!

(Will be uploading more videos probably tonight... and then more as I compress/render them, there's TONS, literally 500GB of footage for me to go through.)

A lot of exploration, checking out the new lands, new rifts, IAs, and such, incorporating the world #3 guild, <Terrible Idea>!!
    "A flower.

Deleted