Thread: FL Mount solo

15+ Year Old Account

FL Mount solo

So I was wondering is there a way to get to Alysrazor In FL solo as a lock. I tried a bunch of things but I just can't get pass all the trash alive. Any locks out there have any tips, and is it a must to have ppl help you until you reach the boss? I'm not the best at soloing things but I think I'm pretty decent.
    Cheers and thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...alysrazor+solo
    I guess a google search would have taken less time than writing that post

In the hope they didn't change anything:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev8rvRDbJas

As a 90 the level 85 trash mobs have a really low aggro radius, so it's really not that hard to run through and not have to deal with anything. The last time I went in all I had to do for trash was run up rhyo's hill to clear that out and clear alys's room. This week I'm pretty confident that I can kill her without needing to deal with rhyo's hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    As a 90 the level 85 trash mobs have a really low aggro radius, so it's really not that hard to run through and not have to deal with anything. The last time I went in all I had to do for trash was run up rhyo's hill to clear that out and clear alys's room. This week I'm pretty confident that I can kill her without needing to deal with rhyo's hill.
    I killed her two weeks ago by myself as affliction. i had to flask and pre+post pot but i was able to down her in one air phase, averaged 170k or something stupid like that.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Do you think it is doable as destruction? of so should it be with harvest life or that talent in the middle and glyphed healthstone ofc. Gonna give this a try when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Do you think it is doable as destruction? of so should it be with harvest life or that talent in the middle and glyphed healthstone ofc. Gonna give this a try when I get home
    Your incinerates fall below 1 seconds of cast time, after that you basicly dont get any dps increase until 25 stacks as immolate damage is just silly. I dont think its possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    Your incinerates fall below 1 seconds of cast time, after that you basicly dont get any dps increase until 25 stacks as immolate damage is just silly. I dont think its possible.
    But it could be quite silly how you scale with the 75% crit chance increase at 25stacks. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    But it could be quite silly how you scale with the 75% crit chance increase at 25stacks. Not sure though.
    I tried it as destruction at first, but my main goal was to down her in one air phase. The 75% crit is nice because with the haste your immolate ticks (i run a haste destro spec) pretty much just fill your ember bar, allowing you to cast a LOT of chaos bolts. The only issue is that by that phase you're well within the second part of the first air phase, and I was barely pushing 70k. To contrast, as Affliction I was at 120k at this point (still rising), with peaking at 170 when I got her into execute range.

I am 482 equipped, mind you, and I barely got her down before tornadoes so you might not do enough if you're lesser geared.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    I tried it as destruction at first, but my main goal was to down her in one air phase. The 75% crit is nice because with the haste your immolate ticks (i run a haste destro spec) pretty much just fill your ember bar, allowing you to cast a LOT of chaos bolts. The only issue is that by that phase you're well within the second part of the first air phase, and I was barely pushing 70k. To contrast, as Affliction I was at 120k at this point (still rising), with peaking at 170 when I got her into execute range.

I am 482 equipped, mind you, and I barely got her down before tornadoes so you might not do enough if you're lesser geared.
    I am 484 equipped and yes, crit chance might make your chaos bolts really crazy, however I still dont think it would pass the 2-3 seconds of channeling Drain Soul. If immolates tick really crazy (Somehow letting you cast chaos bolts each 2-3 seconds, yes it should be viable.

Deleted
    I tested today for own purposes, you can skip all trash, part from Alys trash. If you watch the video linked above, it shows you how to deal with that trash.
    I did it as Demo lock - just stun with Shadowfury to interrupt fieryblast - let the birds kill everything with their fireballs.
    After killed Alys in 479 gear - just normal affliction, keep nuking alys and got her dead after first tornado phase.

All in all, very doable

On my solo yesterday I was able to pop Dark Bargain and finish her off right after she burnt out, 476 ilvl afflic. Shaved a full minute off of my record kill since I didn't have to deal with running up rhyo's hill and waiting for her to hit full power to finish her.

Pretty cool I am def going to have to try this out this weekend.... Thanx for all the tips I found here

I've been trying to take down Alysrazor, but it is really buggy. She despawns a lot, randomly. I'm not sure what the cause is, there have been a few times where I've been a longer distance behind her that might be the reason, but I can't say for sure.

Killed trash as Destro (those little birds from egg hurts), then I managed to down her, in her tornado phase, in... fourth or fifth try (mainly because I didn't had glyphed healthstone, was wondering why Dark Regen didn't work as it should) as Affli. She despawned only once when I took 3 feathers too fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Jerk View Post
    I've been trying to take down Alysrazor, but it is really buggy. She despawns a lot, randomly. I'm not sure what the cause is, there have been a few times where I've been a longer distance behind her that might be the reason, but I can't say for sure.
    It is this, you have to stay pretty close especially when she swoops down.

The main things I've seen trigger her despawning: 1) taking 3 feathers too fast, 2) taking 3 feathers too slow (usually go for the first one then skip 2-3 and get the remaining), and 3) trailing too far behind her when she descends to cleave across the room.

Last night as afflic I killed her right after she burnt out, just used Dark Bargain to survive all the adds attacking me for a few seconds as I finished her (she had 6% when she burnt out).