Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I always wanted to try Legend of the Five Rings but the setting didn't really have a lot of takers in the circles I ran with. However, I LOVE everything the Book of Nine Swords brought to 3.5.

No apologies for my love of Tome of Battle.

On and off for almost 25 years.

These days it's just too hard to put a group together and keep it together so I just don't bother anymore.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I always wanted to try Legend of the Five Rings but the setting didn't really have a lot of takers in the circles I ran with. However, I LOVE everything the Book of Nine Swords brought to 3.5.

No apologies for my love of Tome of Battle.
    L5R is epic although it's probably sacrelidge to say so, I vastly prefer the dice system (known as 'Roll and Keep') they use in L5R to any of the various DnD systems. It's SO simple you can pick it up in seconds, yet it can be used for basically anything.

Am I the only one that's noticed basically EVERY new post in this thread can be boiled down to 'I love DnD, I wanna play, but can't because I don't have the people to play with'?

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I'm currently the DM to a small group of friends (having a party with only 3 people can be tough!.... for them :P )
    Trying to convice my gf to play with us (yes yes, I know, i'm digging my own grave).

As for the setting, we used to play 3,5 forgotten realms but for my campaign I decided to build my own world (again 3,5 rules, just not FR). It's being going smoothly so far and I like it a lot.

I remember reading the rules for the 4th edition and wanting to stab my eyes with a greatsword...! Mana users? Mana potions? AGGRO????? really? Too many lazy players and dm's nowadays....

Seems like a lot of people would love to play, but can't find anyone to play. I tried out the "play by post" thing and it was too excrutiatingly slow that I just lost interest. Although doing it over Skype or Google+ hangouts would be a better solution. There's also a site called roll20.net. It's in beta, but from what I have tried out of it it seems decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played 2nd ed., 3rd ed., and 3.5 ed. Then I was presented to Warhammer Fantasy RPG, and realized how bad is D&D.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have never played it, but it looks very fun, i meet someone that is also interested in it, i will try to talk with him and see if i can make a small group to play

10+ Year Old Account
    We played a lot of the 4th edition a while back.

I got some incredible starting rolls early on and managed to get very powerful. Also the setup of my character meant I could play at any distance with little disadvantage.

We had a blast, would love to pick it back up again

I've always wanted to play, but I don't know anyone locally who does. I tried it a few times in chat sessions but getting a group of people from varying localities together regularly seems to be difficult.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.