Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    havent got a shot in 15 years... havent been sick .
    Cant event remember the last time i was sick ( and im not just talking about the flu )
    Pretty blessed on that side

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I haven't had a shot in over 14 years, haven't been sick other then the sniffes a couple times. And considering the H1N1 vaccines killed more people then the actually H1N1, I'll keep that shit out of my body.

The vaccine killed more people then the actual flue? This is complete bullshit post your source.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    The one time I got my flu shot was the one time I got the flu. :c
    That's because flu shots are just weak versions of the actual influenza that's why a lot of people get sick a few days after the actual shot
    Last edited by variant126; 2012-11-11 at 04:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    If you get said infection, you could have prevented it. We've advanced this far as a species to learn how to prevent/cure certain life/human threatening diseases. And in the case you get infected the disease could mutate and be very, VERY bad for the human population. It's a small chance, sure, and a lot of the stuff can be cured even if you get it, but it's better to err on the side of caution and get the damn vaccine for humanity's sake.
    Seems like someones been well programmed...enjoy your inoculations buddy.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in pretty much every single fucking 'Danger Group' the medical world is aware of, and the one year I didn't take the flu shot, I was out for 14 days straight. Spent New Year's in a blanket in front of the T.V. with only fever fantasies for company.

Not that I like needles, but I treat them the same way I treat clipping my toenails. Get it done, then forget it!

For people in general, though, remember that there are a LOT of moronic fact-less conspiracy theories floating around about vaccines in general, and the flu shot in particular. Some people actually believe they can cause autism :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    And considering the H1N1 vaccines killed more people then the actually H1N1
    This is patently false.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Five flu shots in five years.

No flu.

For the needle-phobic, it barely hurts. I had a lot of penicillin shots when I was a kid, and those hurt like hell. When I got my first flu shot, I was like "...that's it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Every time I get a Flu shot, I get the Flu. So the last 3 years or so, no shot, no flu, coincidence?
    I'd bet a fair bit of money that you had colds, not influenza on the occasions that you had the vaccine.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I'm in pretty much every single fucking 'Danger Group' the medical world is aware of, and the one year I didn't take the flu shot, I was out for 14 days straight. Spent New Year's in a blanket in front of the T.V. with only fever fantasies for company.
    Yeah, the actual influenza virus is quite nasty. People say they got, "the flu", but what they really mean is that they had a cold. If you had the flu, you were incapacitated completely, like you experience.

Vaccines are not what people think they are. In a perfect world maybe they could truely immunize a person against whatever illness it is for, but this is far from a perfect world. For one they are a preventive medicine which tries to prepare the body to fight against a certain illness, which sounds awesome, except the illness in question is constantly changing and mutating. As an example when you get a flu shot you are actually getting last season's strain of flu being injected into you to try and build an immunity to this season's. The problem? The strain has mutated so much the body does not see them the same, and do not fight them the same, so now you have this season's bypassing all your natural defenses, while your body is also fighting off this season's flu. On top of this, what most people don't realize is that things like the Flu Mist, and a lot of the shots you can get while out shopping at walmart or cvs, etc, are actually live virus shots, which means not only are you getting them injected into you, but they are active viruses that will cause you to get sick, effectively getting shot gives you the illness.

So in the end by getting a vaccine, which in the end does nothing towards immunity, you are bypassing your natural defenses (hairs, mucus, etc) and injecting the illness straight into your blood stream for your unprepared white blood cells to fight against, when they have no idea what the virus is.

This is not even getting into the actual ingredients, which are actually available for anybody to see, which include but are not limited to, raw eggs, lead, mercury, aborted fetus cells, and many other nasty things, many of which were used in biological warfare against the many people in WW2 in concentration camps, and even used in terror attacks in modern times. If you don't believe, which I do not expect you to, then please for the love your own body and your health please look it up yourself, and not from a bias source like your hospitals or doctors, who get paid for how many vaccines they sell.

Needless to say me and my family do not get vaccinated at all, and are very rarely sick with more then a sniffle. My oldest, of four, is four years old, and I do not think any of them have had more then a runny nose. Before school is mentioned, they say that is required to be vaccinated, but there are vaccine requirements to be in school/jobs, but look up your state's exemptions, many have at least 2 exemptions available, my state, Texas has three... Medical, Philosophical, and Religious. Medical you have to have a medical reason to not get it (allergy, etc.) Philosophical you have to have more of a fact based reason behind it that cannot be questioned in court (questioning the ingredients would fall into here, however many cases have been overturned as the person seeking exemption fails to provide sufficient proof of the ingredients being dangerous) and Religious you actually do not have to say any more then you have a moral objection to the act of vaccines (saying anything about ingredients or the illness will move the exemption to Philosophical and actually more then likely decline the exemption)

Be mindful when researching the vaccines because there are many things to look for. 1) the danger of the illness itself versus the danger of the vaccine... is the idea of not getting flu worth possibly getting cancer or dying? 2) Is the vaccine relevant... tetanus cannot be vaccinated, only treated, as it is more of a bacteria then a virus, and does not have to do with nails or metal, but more with dirty items that have come into contact with feces at some time and you getting cut by them, which at that point you get a reactive tetanus shot that attacks the bacteria, the preventive tetanus shot is BS, you cannot immunize against bacteria, etc. 3) ingredients are not necessarily what they seem... I mentioned mercury and lead earlier as common ingredients, but the ingredients don't use the words 'lead' and 'mercury' they use many different names given to those materials in the scientific world, so do the research thoroughly.

Anyway, I guess my personal issue with it is my absolute fear of needles, my veins hide when I see a needle. When I gave plasma for some extra money, the nurse(?) always had a hard time getting my veins to show enough to stick the iv need in them, so beyond the above, even in a perfect world where immunization was actually possible, I probably would still decline it based on my dread fear of needles.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    You should get all vaccines recommended. I don't support the flu (because it's a very small chance that it's the right strain), but shit like Smallpox, Measles, Mumps and the likes are a must, and if you don't get them, than you are contributing to human devolution.
    Smallpox only exists in a handful of laboratories and is basically an extinct virus. I was in a place where the risk of getting anthrax was extremely small. So IMO the risks did not outwiegh the benefit of the vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    The needles for the flu shot are tinnnny. No scarring from those. I don't mind getting it every year.

Especially if I'm going around on campus or near children. That stuff can spread so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I was in a place where the risk of getting anthrax was extremely small. So IMO the risks did not outwiegh the benefit of the vaccines.
    I'd generally agree with this (and I work on anthrax vaccine development for a living). The currently approved anthrax vaccine hurts like a bitch, has a fairly high adverse event rate, and has an obnoxious series of shots required for protection. Given the number of cases of anthrax, it doesn't really seem worth it. That said, anthrax is a really, really unpleasant way to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I hate needles. End of story.
    There are nasal vaccinations.

I rarely get sick so see no point.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

The funny thing is that I bet you could not say one thing that the measles or mumps actually did to threaten your life that was worse then what the vaccine itself is doing. So as a must, the illnesses are not as dangerous as the vaccines that are supposed to make you immune to them, which to me, disqualifies them as a must, and even things like smallpox almost does not exist, and even if someone were to get it today that was unimmunized, assuming the vaccines worked the way you think they do, we have the medical knowledge and capabilities to deal with it post-illness to make it almost not-threatening. Most diseases were only so dangerous as they were because of the lack of knowledge and ability to do something.

i don't like shots so i don't get them. simple as that. and i've never had the flu in my life. i never get sick.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    I get shots ever year. I dont get the big deal with the tiny amount of pain. In my MMA class i get WAY more pain on a daily bases compared to one tiny needle.
    Fuck, you're cool.
    I don't like to get anything injected in my blood, h1n1 anyone?
    Last edited by mmocc0c8b4ab50; 2012-11-11 at 05:22 AM.

I've had a pretty bad time with the last (non-flu) vaccinations I've received. I've passed out, gotten sick, rapid breathing...that's enough for me to be terrified of anything similar.

That being said, I actually have a strong immune system. I'd rather just take the small chance that I'll catch the flu than get the vaccine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Every time I get a Flu shot, I get the Flu. So the last 3 years or so, no shot, no flu, coincidence?
    While some bodies do act difference to shots, yes most likely it was coincidence.

I don't really mind people who avoid some vaccine shots, but to say all of em are bad is one the most retarding things I heard in ages.

You should get all vaccines recommended. I don't support the flu (because it's a very small chance that it's the right strain), but shit like Smallpox, Measles, Mumps and the likes are a must, and if you don't get them, than you are contributing to human devolution.
    While it isn't a must, I'd recommend them. Most people who are against most shots are to stupid to even know what the shots are for. (talking about people wh o are against ALL shots)

Edit: I think people are confusing having a cold with flu...in wich case I feel sad if you can't tell the difference.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-11-11 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate flu shots, I just don't need them. Unnecessary medication is unnecessary.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsgamer315 View Post
    The funny thing is that I bet you could not say one thing that the measles or mumps actually did to threaten your life that was worse then what the vaccine itself is doing.
    Wow. That's just ignorant.

I realize you won't actually read or do anything with the information we present, so I'm probably wasting my time, but the practice of inoculation has reduced the threat of endemic disease to a level where the average person (like you) is ignorant of what the effects of so-called "childhood diseases" were. They killed people, mostly children, but anyone with a compromised immune system, and in greater quantities than you'd think.

But, no, "oh, they give autism!"

(sigh)