Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    those needles they use are thin as shit

have you ever given blood?? those are some big needles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    those needles they use are thin as shit

have you ever given blood?? those are some big needles
    Well yeah, you've got a tradeoff between time, pressure, and gauge.

For blood, your pressure is constant and fairly low, so to keep the time reasonable, you need a bigger gauge. If you tried to use an injection gauge needle, you'd be there all day rather than 5-10 minutes.

For an injection, you can use lots more pressure, so for reasonable time, you cause lots less gauge.

Ironically enough, i was end up feeling abit effy after i get the flu shot -_-....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Forgotten View Post
    Ironically enough, i was end up feeling abit effy after i get the flu shot -_-....
    Well yeah. Your immune system is reacting to what it thinks is an infection.

Part of that reaction makes you want to rest, as would aid in recovery if you actually had the flu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I apologize since this is out of the blue and I rarely post here but do people not like flu shots or something? Every single of my friends sounded gloomy as hell and the response was the same ''I have the flu and no I didn't get a flu shot''

Oh and a few responses was ''I hate needles end of story''

my mom gets the flu shot every year because of her work and nearly every year she gets ill from it, hell my grandad (not my actual grandad but i've always called him that) get really sick from the flu shot a few years back and now refuses to get it. He has yet to get the flu since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never taken flue shots. They haz eggs in it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Never taken flue shots. They haz eggs in it.
    Luckily, that's being worked on! There's a couple potential systems for producing them going forward. We'll see. I saw a presentation the other day about possibly producing them in an insect cell vector, which has a couple other advantages as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    One being that I'm lazy and it's hard for me to go out of my way for the day to get a flu shot.

The other is that I never get sick. Literally, the only time I have been sick in the last decade was from food poisoning.

Come to think of it.... I don't think I've ever had the flu.

Does it really exist? Seems like a myth to me. Teasing.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-12-02 at 07:37 AM.

Had flu shots, given blood.

course that was nothing compared to the long metal rods shoved in my foot for foot surgery.

never had a problem myself I get the shot and I don't think Ive ever gotten the flu after taking the shot. I'll never see the big deal people have with flu shots it seems to be one of those things that everyone has a conspiracy about.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having the flu it gets me off work and i sit in bed and watch videos and twitchtv all day
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I don't like needles, but I get a flu shot every year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont get a yearly flu shot and i honestly couldnt tell you the last time i had the flu, i dont even know if ive ever had it to be honest. once, maybe twice, a year i might get a runny nose, sore throat that lasts for about a day.

Hadn't gotten one in forever. Never seemed necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hadn't gotten one in forever. Never seemed necessary.
    I was actually genuinely curious about this because I always hear people hype up this flu every year, but not once have I gotten it. Last time I had a flu shot was when I was like 17.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/442750.../#.ULsP6IbsbyI

I guess some people are either immune or never get sick from the flu. Half the people they tested don't get sick at all.

I guess I'll keep truckin along and giggle at the flu.

I also tend to get sick after getting the flu shot. coincidence? well maybe