View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    And yet you cannot name one reason why it should remain illegal.
    Its proven to be way safer than alcohol and tobacco yet those two drugs are legal.
    To this date no one has died from direct use of weed. Unlike tobacco and alcohol and even pharma drugs.
    You might not die from Marijuana use but it will ruin your life due to addiction and screwing up your brain chemistry. Just because a substance can't kill you doesn't mean it's not incredibly harmful.

3 grams for personnal use
    3 plants for personnal use

4 to 28 grams, 200$ fine
    28 grams + 1 month in prison or 5000$ fine

Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    You might not die from Marijuana use but it will ruin your life due to addiction and screwing up your brain chemistry.
    When I turned 18, I smoked weed probably about 4 or 5 nights a week over summer. At the end of summer, I stopped smoking and took care of business. Now I'm a biomedical researcher. Why in the world didn't the devil's weed ruin my life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think you guys both think the other one is being more of a dick than either one of you is trying to be.
    I think you just nailed it.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Yeah I'm for legalizing it. It's not worse than alcohol, so same age as alcohol imo.

You might not die from Marijuana use but it will ruin your life due to addiction and screwing up your brain chemistry. Just because a substance can't kill you doesn't mean it's not incredibly harmful.
    You have a greater chance of being addicted to Caffiene than you do Cannabis. Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_dependence
    As far as the brain chemistry is concerned most of it will go away after stopping use. And it's really only heavy cannabis usage that current research focuses on. Generally 3-4 joints a day is accepted as heavy use.

She is so pathetic lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Support, 21 plus because it is "intoxicating" in a sense, making it closer to alcohol than cigarettes in my mind (I'd be for reconsidering the drinking age, but as it stands I think they should match).

At this point, it's an open secret. Everybody who wants to does it and even talks fairly openly about it, but it can still get you jail time. Should be decriminalized to be more like speeding at the bare minimum - an annoying ticket that everyone accepts is to just make money. Speeding is more dangerous, if anything, and again - everyone does it despite it being illegal and you usually only get in trouble for it if you over do it and you certainly only go to jail for it if you really, really over do it (reckless driving levels of over the limit or combining it with something else stupid, like DWI).

The only possibility of jail time for anything directly related to pot should be DUI or major gang/cartel-level operations operating either violently (if it's still illegal) or outside the umbrella of regulation (if legal). If legalized, I'd be ok with dealers but I think there should be a volume cap above which you have to be a dispensary - kind of depends on where it gets put, schedule/tax/etc wise.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2012-11-12 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, marijuana ruins tons of lives. Not due to any of the effects of the drug, but rather the legal ramifications from using or possessing the drug. So the drug does not ruin the lives, criminalizing the users ruins lives. Want to make that perfectly clear.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I think you just nailed it.
    If this is the case then I apologize. I didn't think I was coming off as the aggressor, and if you were under the same assumption, then I improperly judged.

Why legalize pot? what good does it do? In my opinion make it illegal to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco/weed. That stuff is completely unnecessary and cause more problems then benefit... however if there is some sort or legitimate MEDICAL use to any of those 3 I would not oppose them isolating the substance that creates the beneficial effect and essentially making an inhaler or pill form.. but smoking it? hell no.

@#^! your supposed "rights" the shit you do to kill yourself is not your own business when you get high and fuck shit up for everyone else.. granted Tobacco does not impare your judgement like weed or alcohol does it does contribute to health issues that make you a costly problem (In Canada everyone else will end up paying for your healthcare because of your choice to smoke). If you have a healthplan that covers stupid then i guess its not my business to tell you not to smoke, otherwise, $%@! you, stop smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The only damage done is because the african american communties you are referencing cant stop themselves from doing drugs. If they stopped taking drugs, all the damage would cease. Again, why should we just throw our hands up in the air and say we failed to stop it so lets just legalize it. You dont stop fighting a war until you win!

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 06:51 PM ----------

Its so cheap and easy to grow you dont think people will still grow their own and sell it for less than people can buy it for in stores? The problem will not go away just because you legalize it
    Why do I want it go away?
    Marijuana although there are side effects the THC is a well known cancer killer. And I still don't understand why you are fusing about other people who are using it for themselves.
    PROHIBITION will not MAKE IT GO AWAY. It just wastes money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawz View Post
    Why legalize pot? what good does it do? In my opinion make it illegal to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco/weed. That stuff is completely unnecessary and cause more problems then benefit... however if there is some sort or legitimate MEDICAL use to any of those 3 I would not oppose them isolating the substance that creates the beneficial effect and essentially making an inhaler or pill form.. but smoking it? hell no.
    I think you can't deny something from people even if it doesn't "benefit". Reading romance novels doesnt' benefit for sure, but... dude, I love harlequin and I don't fuck shit up if I read it so leave me be.

@#^! your supposed "rights" the shit you do to kill yourself is not your own business when you get high and fuck shit up for everyone else..
    Name one (1) event where someone high, "fucked shit up" and I'll name you ten (10) events where someone killed a husband/woman due to cheating, a.k.a Sex.
    Wanna ban sex?

granted Tobacco does not impare your judgement like weed or alcohol does it does contribute to health issues that make you a costly problem (In Canada everyone else will end up paying for your healthcare because of your choice to smoke). If you have a healthplan that covers stupid then i guess its not my business to tell you not to smoke, otherwise, $%@! you, stop smoking
    I really like your style to judge people depending how much they will "cost". Bullet to the head incase of cancer maybe? Or just self caused? Had car accident?

Edit: That last sentence really reminded me of an Australian comedian Steve Hughes who talked about real problems. It went something like this:
    "I don't care that recently the two world's most powerful nations illegally invaded a middle-eastern country to steal their natural resources in order to create a third world war and to create global banking system, but secondary smoke, now that's a real issue for me. There are still people alive from Tsernobyl for fuck sakes."
    Last edited by Cuppy; 2012-11-12 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I ended up choosing the 18+ option because the first option is ridiculous. Now if there was a 16+ option, I would have picked that because that's around the time were school and life gets REALLY stressful.
    Though I don't really care if a 5-year-old is smoking weed, but I don't see children having any stress in their life that would require smoking weed.

I really don't see a point in putting an age restriction on it. It doesn't matter in the slightest. People under 21 get drunk every single day, people under 18 smoke cigarettes, so putting an age limit weed doesn't matter.

When weed finally gets legalized, that's not only going to bring in a lot of money to each state, it's going to severely reduce the amount of tax dollars going to prisons. It would also mean a lot of black people won't be going to prison anymore. And anytime we can stop racism in that form from happening, it's always good.

Then we might get MORE research in the benefits of THC, and who knows what good would come from that.

Not only all that, but when Weed becomes legalized, I can finally grow my own plants. That way I won't have to make connections of people and can stay secluded, away from the world and enjoy my hobbies in peace.

It's a good thing Colorado and Washington had those votes, which is the first step in stopping Prohibition of Weed. Who knows, we might actually be able to call the U.S. "Land of the Free" and actually mean it in a few years, instead of "Land of ShutTheFuckUpAndDontQuestionIt"

Well if you are under 21-26 yes it will effect your brain development. Explains why so many want the 21 age limit.
    As or addiction
    http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Addictive_Properties

Marijuana although is not 100% safe in terms of addictive qualities is less addictive than even caffeine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why legalize pot? what good does it do?

@#^! your supposed "rights" the shit you do to kill yourself is not your own business when you get high and fuck shit up for everyone else.
    It stops making users criminals. Regardless of your opinion on drug use, turning users into criminals is never going to solve anything.

Also, you do not have to smoke marijuana. If you take the smoking aspect out, you take the health risks out of the equation. In other words, marijuana is less harmful than caffeine. So you can not use health risks as an argument to keep wasting money and ruining lives.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    It stops making users criminals. Regardless of your opinion on drug use, turning users into criminals is never going to solve anything.

Also, you do not have to smoke marijuana. If you take the smoking aspect out, you take the health risks out of the equation. In other words, marijuana is less harmful than caffeine. So you can not use health risks as an argument to keep wasting money and ruining lives.
    Vaporizing weed is cleaner than smoking it.

Why legalize pot? what good does it do? In my opinion make it illegal to drink alcohol

Let me guess, you in the bathroom getting high when your History class went over Prohibition, right? We DID make it illegal to drink alcohol. Go google that shit and see how much of a terrible fucking idea that was.
    Many people died for no reason, people were put in prison for no reason, many cartels formed and gains MASSIVE amounts of power, FOR NO REASON!

It's obvious we didn't learn from our past and we're repeating this shit with Weed. People are being murdered, put and prison and cartels are getting so much power BECAUSE it's illegal.

There is too many people being busted and fined or jailed for such a silly thing. It needs to be legal everywhere for 18+. 21+ seems reasonable too, but it's much better for people to smoke than people to drink. So that would be a good alternative for those who aren't of drinking age yet. Not like those people follow the laws anyways.

People keep trying to find alternatives to weed and end up eating other people faces. Just let people smoke legally already!

Oh, and I don't smoke and never have, but I support those who do.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Hmmm...

Lets see, how to put it.

First and foremost, i believe everyone has the right to decide what to do with their lives, to decide if they want to die, keep living, how they live and what choices they make, as long it doesnt harm anyone.

Now, it obviously includes marijuana and other drugs.
    Do i agree with it? not really, its idiotic in my view, waste of money, waste of time, creates schisms, dependence (inb4 psychological dependence, doesnt matter which type it is, dependence is dependence) and grounds to what we decide what is "ok" and what isnt "okay", and no im not pulling a slippery slope bull.
    Just think that collectively as a society and species we should strive for something more than being coach potatoes boozed/druged out of our minds, if the persons live is THAT dull, they ought to change it, with drugs, why bother?

In one hand i can see it being beneficial as it would (hopefully) reduce drug traffic/illegal crap, being regulated would reduce amounts of it being smoked, ensure quality.
    Becoming something banal might reduce the amount of smokers as well, as something that no longer has the attraction of being "forbidden".

Negatively, I can see quite a lot of people using it to cope with problems, instead of learning to either cope with them by themselves, or simply delaying the fact that they need to fix said problems sooner or later.
    A nice common high will result in a neglectful person just as any other mood/mind altering drug will.
    People are also quite irresponsible, know some who drive while high, while not as dangerous as alcohol, in a dangerous situation will likely result in aggravated problem, or even cause it.

Regulation, might as well keep it at same age as drinking age in said country, if said country age is bellow 18, then set it at 18.
    While it is not nearly as dangerous as some people make it, it doesnt have nearly as many benefits as claimed either aside from a nice relaxer/pain killer, also comes with problems, mental development is only "finished" mid 20s, considering said drug is said to affect mental development, i do not believe it should be allowed to people still teens, as their personalities arent formed.

I know you might rage at that notion, i did when i was a teen, but its true, its just a phase, an important one, but a phase nonetheless, where personality and mental development occurs, personally i rather have bright teens to mellow ones whose only interest is to get high, i know, its rare, but exists.
    That said, im actually an extremely relaxed person, never had need for drugs and yet tried them all, most teens will and forbidding it is senseless really.

A perfect world, would have no alcohol, tobacco or anything else, people would know how to cope by themselves and learn how to get highs from their own bodies (not that hard) without creating dependencies or shaping their personalities around it tbh...

Anyway. tl:dr

US culture requires it a lot, weed is quite rare where i am from, no one cares about it, but a country has to adapt to the will of the people, no matter how silly it might be, thus yes, legalize it, legislate it and make a rooftop of consumption a week, depending on its use.
    Make sure its good quality, also make sure its no where near the high levels of concentration it is nowadays, people dont realize modern weed is far stronger than it was in good old woodstock.

21 is a retarded age, and i believe one of the reasons there is such a drinking problem in the US, here we can start at 15 so we grow with it really, at 18-20 most arent interested anymore, at 25ish very few drink to get drunk, most just a couple to get silly and stop.
    So i would guess around 18, giving it the benefit of the doubt about how much it affects development.

If it is problem it impairs development, raise age limit straight away