View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

    62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

    612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

    466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

    109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

    113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

    18 1.30%
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    25,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I don't really understand this logic.

    How do you fire your employees who have no contractual obligation to you? Assuming that was just the wrong word..no idea what you meant, but whatever.. Yes, you can fire someone for nothing. Just better be ready with a competent lawyer.
    In right to work states, you can fire anyone for any reason, anytime unless its for discriminatory reasons like gender or race so I think his butt is covered if he lives in one of those states.

  2. #62
    The Patient Salarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Terrokar Forest
    Posts
    317
    I almost responded everyone over 21 then I considered how many horrible twenty-somethings I have come across. Wouldn't want a teacher to be with my kids who was high as a kite. There is the consideration of driving under the influence as well. Then again if responsibility was assumed I wouldn't care if it was legal and restricted by age group.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    2,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    To fix all those years of not getting to smoke it, I fully support a law that requires this XD hahaha
    After I started to smoke after I broke my back. Me and a buddy made some cannabutter out of OG Kush and G13. We made a full meal including dessert with it (a bit more than half an ounce). I didn't tell my wife (she smokes too) and we ate it all. It was amazing.

  4. #64
    Scarab Lord DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I was a marijuana activist for many years, even had a live debate.. Before you say these people don't want to to get in discussion maybe try to make an argument before saying that. Try me. And for the record I haven't smoked marijuana since I was 16 (23 now).

    So let's hear it. You say we don't want a discussion, yet you have provided 0 facts to back up your statements.
    I never stated you don't want a discussion; I simply wanted to point out the hypocrisy of Harry Botter. This thread asks a question, I answered said question. If anyone wishes to disagree with that statement in response to the question of the thread, the place is theirs to tell me why I'm wrong.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  5. #65
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    15,983
    I'd say make it illegal to operate a vehicle while under the effects. Make it illegal to use it in public or be under its effects in public. In fact, I'd also prefer it be illegal to smoke... while I feel smoking anything is a disgusting habit, what's more... maybe I, in my ability to exercise my rights, don't want the feculent smell of pot smoke wafting up from a lower floor of my apartment building, or pervading the air outside because the wind caught a back alley at some bad angle. Chew it, bake it into brownies, do whatever the hell you want with it. You can mix it in with drain cleaner and drink it for all I care. But I shouldn't have to be subjected to it if I don't want to be.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #66
    "Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke." (http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana)

    and

    "A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and increased rates of anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia." (http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana)
    Last edited by Gentile911; 2012-11-11 at 06:05 AM.

  7. #67
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    25,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Salarius View Post
    I almost responded everyone over 21 then I considered how many horrible twenty-somethings I have come across. Wouldn't want a teacher to be with my kids who was high as a kite. There is the consideration of driving under the influence as well. Then again if responsibility was assumed I wouldn't care if it was legal and restricted by age group.
    Obviously certain professions should be barred from using Marijuana, just like you cant show up to work drunk, but thats not a good enough reason to keep it illegal seeing as alchohol is still legal.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentile911 View Post
    "Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke." (http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana)
    If it has .gov at the end, Pretty much don't even click it. Don't forget who released Reefer Madness.
    Avatar given by Sausage Zeldas.

  9. #69
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    2,043
    21+ and tax the ever-loving shit out of it.

    If they want to go after another substance in its place, alcohol is a very good candidate.

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    2,760
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I never stated you don't want a discussion; I simply wanted to point out the hypocrisy of Harry Botter. This thread asks a question, I answered said question. If anyone wishes to disagree with that statement in response to the question of the thread, the place is theirs to tell me why I'm wrong.
    Asking you to explain yourself is not me being a hypocrite. Also I never said you were wrong. I just asked for clarification as to why you think it a reasonable statement to to say 'It should be legal but anyone who does it should be treated as a social parasite".

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentile911 View Post
    "Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke." (http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana)
    Yeah, let's not link anything with a .gov after it when it pertains to weed or anything else they don't want you doing, thanks.

    Also, just an FYI, but those tests are done with government-grown marijuana. There is literally no way they didn't tamper with it to skew the findings in their favor, or just bumblefuck their way into growing the stuff outside of a nuclear waste facility.

  12. #72
    Scarab Lord DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Ya, I'm not going to read however many hundreds of pages of material is linked there (and you know this which is why you linked it, to attempt to make it look like I don't want a discussion when you know no one is going to read all that), if you want to make an argument, make it yourself instead of letting some internet webpage with material all over the place try to do it for you.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Ya, I'm not going to read however many hundreds of pages of material is linked there (and you know this which is why you linked it, to attempt to make it look like I don't want a discussion when you know no one is going to read all that), if you want to make an argument, make it yourself instead of letting some internet webpage with material all over the place try to do it for you.
    So, do you have an actual argument? It seems like typical authoritarian nonsense on your end, but I haven't really seen you try to argue this, so I don't know for sure.

  14. #74
    The Insane Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    15,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    If it has .gov at the end, Pretty much don't even click it. Don't forget who released Reefer Madness.
    Not the government, if that's what you were positing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Medical use only. It's illegal for a reason. Those who can't see or understand why it's illegal are probably still in their teenage years wanting to experiment with what's out there.

    I'm 23 and I see no point in smoking it.
    Just because YOU see no point in smoking it doesn't mean the rest of the country should not be allowed to do so, that is an absurd argument. I see no point in people drinking to such a degree that they black out....but they can. The reasons for it being illegal are actually really interesting, and not based on any form of testing what so ever. I had to write a paper on prohibition and stumbled across a site that documents the legal history of marijuana in the states. Before you denounce something and claim that it is illegal "for a reason" and put down those that disagree, you should probably know the actual reason behind its banning.

    http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/

    When is the last time you heard about someone smoking themselves into such a stupor that they can't remember what they did, or who they hurt? Like actually remember, not what the movies make it out to be. Yes some people handle it differently than others, but you can say the same about alcohol, which I find far more dangerous.

    This is long overdue. I am curious to see how Washington and Colorado regulate its sale and use. It is still techinically a mind altering substance, and regulations need to be put into place. Be good guys! Don't screw it up for the rest of us! :p

  16. #76
    Scarab Lord DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    So, do you have an actual argument? It seems like typical authoritarian nonsense on your end, but I haven't really seen you try to argue this, so I don't know for sure.
    Its amazing how I can say that it should be legalized, yet also be branded authoritarian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Asking you to explain yourself is not me being a hypocrite. Also I never said you were wrong. I just asked for clarification as to why you think it a reasonable statement to to say 'It should be legal but anyone who does it should be treated as a social parasite".
    Your hypocrisy is in calling me for not explaining my point when you won’t even tell me how you disagree with my point.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    If it has .gov at the end, Pretty much don't even click it. Don't forget who released Reefer Madness.
    The NCBI database and PubMed both have .gov endings. They're valid sources for huge amounts of information. Just rejecting things out of hand is usually not a good idea.

    By the way, Reefer Madness was done by a church group, not by the government.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Its amazing how I can say that it should be legalized, yet also be branded authoritarian.
    Desiring to fire people for their off the job habits is certainly in line with an authoritarian personality type. That's about controlling people, not about some practical concern.

  18. #78
    Fluffy Kitten Dacien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,114
    I did for a long time. My views on the issue have evolved to oppose marijuana legalization.


  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Not the government, if that's what you were positing.
    Hrm, From what I'm reading around there's an air of mystery surrounding this little piece of Propaganda. Some saying that it's directly linked to Corrupt Politicians - but I guess blanketing them as "the government" isn't really fair, so with that - My mistake.
    Avatar given by Sausage Zeldas.

  20. #80
    Scarab Lord DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Desiring to fire people for their off the job habits is certainly in line with an authoritarian personality type. That's about controlling people, not about some practical concern.
    So me wanting to retain basic economic liberty to fire people that work for me in at will employment means I'm authoritarian? I think it means I want basic liberty. You would probably say that is the same thing you want, so why attack me for wanting the same thing.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •