View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I don't, nor have ever used, just not interested, It's really safer then Alcohol and Tobacco, and I'd rather it be legal and regulated and generating tax income, then illegal, unregulated, and generating tax expense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm
    http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana
    http://www.defense.gov/specials/drug...arijuana1.html

First 3 links on google. Noting I'm against Cigarettes, Alcohol, and all forms of drugs not used for medical purposes. Even those can be addicting and dangerous. Not only do these things affect the user, but the inability to be act or think responsibly or logically causes users of these drugs to do stupid things that lead to accidental murder. Marijuana may not make the user violent, it impairs them to be stupid.
    Only stupid one here is you if you think using marijuana the correct way makes people stupid. So many ignorant and uneducated people in this thread it's not even funny anymore. Marijuana, used correctly only enhances the individual, make then more open to themselfs and their enviorment, the TOTAL opposite of what you wrote. I posted some videos some pages ago, do yourself a favour and educate yourself before posting total horseshit.

Deleted
    I don't care if it's legal or not, smoked some pot when I was a bit younger, but after an acid trip, I thought about it a bit and got really bored of it. You laugh and get paranoid sometimes, well, there are better things.

Since then I never touched weed again, but I have some friends who stil smoke pot, but I dont give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    I'd rather it be legal and regulated and generating tax income, then illegal, unregulated, and generating tax expense.
    I'm right there with you. I don't use any longer, back in the late teens, early twenties, I partook often, but it was just something I grew out of.

Honestly though, legalize it, start swapping the over subsidized farming industry over to it, and tax the hell out of the stuff.

When you realize the rest of the cannabis plant is a better source for bio-fuel than soy, and can used to make a number of textile goods it turns into a very lucrative crop.

Plus you get the increased tax revenue from selling legalized buds, the decrease in expenditure for legal matters and incarceration and the decrease in money being sent to cartels and kingpins in foreign countries.

While people may argue the moral standpoint of its legalization, from a fiscal and geopolitical view it is rather absurd to not legalize and regulate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Watch this video of the DEA Admin being grilled and skirting almost every question with "I believe all illegal drugs are bad" or "Congress says it's bad so we go after it"
    Oh dear god, why am I just NOW seeing this video? The DEA can't FIND any reason why it should be illegal other than "it's an addictive substance," so they use parent/teacher "broken record" technique of just repeating themselves to wear down the questioner. Oh lord, ALL this says to me is that the DEA has NO standing to say "pot is bad." Oh lawd.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by moldsandwich View Post
    Only stupid one here is you if you think using marijuana the correct way makes people stupid. So many ignorant and uneducated people in this thread it's not even funny anymore. Marijuana, used correctly only enhances the individual, make then more open to themselfs and their enviorment, the TOTAL opposite of what you wrote. I posted some videos some pages ago, do yourself a favour and educate yourself before posting total horseshit.
    I'll take the personal experiences of my uncle and brother using it and my uncle deciding he could fly and jumping off a building than your video. Not all experiences are the same, and no matter what you say, it can be harmful. If it enhanced the user, the army would be using it, why not? They use everything else to enhance the soldiers to be more focused.

I'll take the personal experiences of my uncle and brother using it and my uncle deciding he could fly and jumping off a building than your video. Not all experiences are the same, and no matter what you say, it can be harmful. If it enhanced the user, the army would be using it, why not? They use everything else to enhance the soldiers to be more focused.
    that wasn't marijuana then

I mean.. there aren't harmful effects, then just normal ones because smoking paper etc and shits aren't good ofc
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    that wasn't marijuana then

I mean.. there aren't harmful effects, then just normal ones because smoking paper etc and shits aren't good ofc
    hallucinations aren't a part of the side affects? I'm sorry, but if you believe that, you are hallucinating so much you think its real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    It should be 21 just like alcohol. When your 18 you think your an "adult" but your brain is still far from adulthood.
    Your brain actually stops growing at the age of 15.. It's just safer to wait with stuff like alcohol till you're 18/21

Deleted
    hallucinations aren't a part of the side affects? I'm sorry, but if you believe that, you are hallucinating so much you think its real.
    Very heavy use can cause.
    But thats misuse.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-11-11 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    One more question.
    Are you ok with the disgusting fact that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Americans are being locked up for just possession of marijuana? Meaning being PUNISHED for "self harm"? and that YOUR taxes are basically being spent on these people? Billions of taxes wasted.

Resources of law enforcement wasted
    countless have a record contaminated with a criminal record they do not deserve, just smoking pot and not bothering anyone else.
    US tax dollars thrown away in the billions.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2012-06-06/o...?_s=PM:OPINION
    Yes, I think we should build more prisons and give harsher sentences. IF you know youre going to get 10 years if you get caught smoking that joint, youll be less likely to smoke it. Id be very happy to get those scums off the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yes, I think we should build more prisons and give harsher sentences. IF you know youre going to get 10 years if you get caught smoking that joint, youll be less likely to smoke it. Id be very happy to get those scums off the streets
    I literally got a fever of 102 from just reading your comment. I feel like I have the flu now. Not sure if its coincidence but what you said is absolutely sicking. Thanks for making me ill.
    So you want government to harass people for abusing themselves when they are not harming others. and no that bullshit about going to prison for smoking will only enrage people. I think people and the likes of you should mind your own business. People who smoke pot do not suffer serious harm (unless under 21-26 and they get their brains development slowed/damaged), a pot smoker who is MINDING HER/HIS own business "abusing" her/his own body IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Edit: also many RAPISTS don't even go to prison for 10 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I find it difficult to think that you are even the least bit serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal, 18, taxed. All that jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I find it difficult to think that you are even the least bit serious.
    I'm starting to become suspicious this is just a MMO-champ troll why maybe indirectly supporting the legalization movement by pretending to be against legalization and posting vulgar comments to make the pro-prohibitionists seem more hate filled than they usually are.

everyone 21+

I would even go a step further and make it 30+ considering the Average American below that age is about as mature/intelligent as a 13yo schoolgirl.
    Besides I think everyone needs to spend a few years putting in an honest effort at bettering themselves before throwing their arms up and smoking marijuana which is the real world equivalent to the fukitall pill or the adult version of Ritalin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    everyone 21+

I would even go a step further and make it 30+ considering the Average American below that age is about as mature/intelligent as a 13yo schoolgirl.
    Besides I think everyone needs to spend a few years putting in an honest effort at bettering themselves before throwing their arms up and smoking marijuana which is the real world equivalent to the fukitall pill or the adult version of Ritalin.
    In giving people the right to vote at 18 the government acknowledges they are a responsible individual capable of making adult decisions. It's philosophically and legally inconsistent to make the voting and drinking/smoking age different.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's no different than alcohol or cigarettes. Legalize it and tax it or whatever. The big thing is driving though. I'd assume you'd be allowed a very small amount while driving as it can hinder you behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Legal, 18, taxed. All that jazz.
    The only people who would be willing to pay the tax is people who didn't start smoking it until after it is legalized.
    The rest of us would never accept a mass produced pot as it would be an inferior product, though I guess after 20-30 years people would forget about the good stuff and just buy the mass produced shit because they dunno any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    The only people who would be willing to pay the tax is people who didn't start smoking it until after it is legalized.
    The rest of us would never accept a mass produced pot as it would be an inferior product, though I guess after 20-30 years people would forget about the good stuff and just buy the mass produced shit because they dunno any better.
    Who cares who is "willing" to pay tax?