View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty sure it's been linked in this thread before, but this video does a pretty good job of explaining the dangers of marijuana and debunk the myths about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE

It's pretty long but anyone that's interested in the subject would benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You don't need to smoke it in order to consume it. Overdose is possible, but will never fucking happen unless you are trying to overdose.
    Interesting story along those lines. A friend of mine went to a party and consumed too many brownies. He didn't know they were pot brownies and wound up in the hospital. It CAN happen, but it's extremely rare.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Pretty sure it's been linked in this thread before, but this video does a pretty good job of explaining the dangers of marijuana and debunk the myths about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jO_ncXj7RE

It's pretty long but anyone that's interested in the subject would benefit.
    Super High Me was another pretty good documentary by Doug Benson. It's obviously one-sided in its view, but still a pretty good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post

Super High Me was another pretty good documentary by Doug Benson. It's obviously one-sided in its view, but still a pretty good watch.
    Oh definitely, even the people who are interviewed alone all have a reason to be talking to them so they're going to be in favor of legalization. For a documentary though (maybe I'm too used to trashy ones) it relies pretty heavily on already completed research and studies that they can reference, and the interviewee's merely back it up along with whatever credentials they might have (Saw a few PHD's just rewatching a bit of it there lol) At least that way, people can debunk the research instead of having a 'he says, she says' scenario discussion :P

Having studied up a bit more and watching that movie I have to admit.. I see the benefit of legalizing it and that it is not as horrible as it is made up to be.
    I still don't believe it to be this "nothing will/can happen" drug, having seen people experience the warned effects.

So if I could I would indeed change my poll choice to "yes".

Edit: If you are 18+ (21+ in USA).

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting story along those lines. A friend of mine went to a party and consumed too many brownies. He didn't know they were pot brownies and wound up in the hospital. It CAN happen, but it's extremely rare.
    Was it an allergic reaction to the pot?

Quote Originally Posted by Kornath View Post
    I still don't believe it to be this "nothing will/can happen" drug, having seen people experience the warned effects.
    Don't let anyone convince you that it is. There are definitely risks you take when consuming any drug, denying those to get something legalized is a stupid idea but I do see a lot of people doing it. The main risks would be use during adolescence (which is why I voted 21), the use of it in combination with tobacco (i.e. a joint) can be pretty bad for your lungs, and if you or your family have a predisposition towards schizophrenia. Too much of drug education is 'itz da worst' though, which is a shame because there are people at risk who aren't being warned. If it was to be legalized I'd be in favor of some practical education (like, if you are going to consume edibles, wait about 30 minutes before increasing the 'dose')

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is possible to create a medical emergency (erratic behavior or unconsciousness), that isn't an overdose as there is no toxic effect, much less a directly life threatening one.

Having studied up a bit more and watching that movie I have to admit.. I see the benefit of legalizing it and that it is not as horrible as it is made up to be.

So if I could I would indeed change my poll choice to "yes".

You've gained a lot of respect by not blindly following the propaganda that we've been fed while growing up. Most of those against it in this thread keep spouting the nonsense that we saw in your earlier links. To give you an idea of how a typical pot smoker lives, not the stereotypical lives in moms basement doing nothing smoker, I'm a mechanical engineer, I have an 8 - 5 job, I have a nice apartment, I work out a few times a week, and I'm working on starting my own business, I just also happen to smoke pot every day when I'm done with important things during the day.

Why higher in the USA?

Deleted
    Yes, legalize that shit already, legalize it and tax it, everybody wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Why higher in the USA?
    Probably associating it with alcohol.

The drinking age used to be 18, and it still should be. If you can go out and die for your country in military service, you damn well better be able to sit and have a beer.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Probably associating it with alcohol.

The drinking age used to be 18, and it still should be. If you can go out and die for your country in military service, you damn well better be able to sit and have a beer.
    Never thought about it like that, well said my good sir.

I just want to know what it is about majijuana that makes its users so damn retarded and annoying. What other substance is there that makes its proponents so proud of being users? You don't see people dressing for Halloween in meth themed costumes or asking strangers if they inject heroin. If you use it, great. Just don't rub it in my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecan View Post
    I just want to know what it is about majijuana that makes its users so damn retarded and annoying. What other substance is there that makes its proponents so proud of being users? You don't see people dressing for Halloween in meth themed costumes or asking strangers if they inject heroin. If you use it, great. Just don't rub it in my face.
    People don't want to rub it in your face, they just want to be allowed to do something that isn't as dangerous as drinking alcohol or have a cigarette.

Saying we are rubbing it in your face is about the same as saying someone punched you after you intentionally ran into their fist with your face. It may be in your face, but you put yourself there.

People are just a proud and in your face about liquor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    People are just a proud and in your face about liquor.
    How many threads here have been about Alcohol? How many times have You seen anyone bragging about drinking alcohol?

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Never thought about it like that, well said my good sir.
    Not if you actually think about it. When you are dying for the country, you most of the time do not have much choice to begin with, since military service is not glorified anymore. When you are outside teh country you will be harming foreigners, when you are drunk driving you are killing countryman.

It will one day be legal everywhere. In CA you can go to a doctor and get a card smoking it legally. With no side effects, or long term affects. It's actually proven non addictive mentally or physically. One day it will be legal everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    How many times have You seen anyone bragging about drinking alcohol?
    Have you been in LFD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    How many threads here have been about Alcohol? How many times have You seen anyone bragging about drinking alcohol?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-in-one-night
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1052965-Alcohol
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...U-I-of-alcohol
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-with-alcohol
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nce-of-alcohol

And that's just the ones with "alcohol" in the thread title from a lazy search. I'm sure I could find several more if I cared to put in the effort.

As for the second, in person, at least one person per Friday for the last 10 years or so that I've paid any attention, not to mention the minor fact that a not inconsiderable fraction of rock discography is based upon getting drunk as well as the resulting events.