Poll: Race and Why

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What Race and Why?

So after hitting level 90 and fooling around for a bit, i noticed i never really saw alot of non-pandaren monks. This lead me to wonder why? is it because of the new and shiny race that every will enjoy or is there another reason why.
    I recently race changed from a Pandaren to a Blood elf and i regret it, so i plan to change back (lol 50 bucks gone).

My questions to the monks of the world (of warcraft), what race did you choose and why?
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-11-06 at 06:32 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

For raiding the double the stats your food buff gives you racial is nice + they are the shiny new race is why I play a panda monk and probably the same for others.

Deleted
    I chose a gnome monk.
    I knew a vast majority would choose pandaren, so I wanted something else. I thought that the ultimate humiliation would be to be jabbed in the nuts by a small gnome, so went for that.
    If I played horde though, I would have chosen undead. Love their monk animations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilwen View Post
    If I played horde though, I would have chosen undead. Love their monk animations
    Exactly what I did for exactly that reason.

It's amazing. I love Blackout Kicks on my female Undead Monk.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Pandaren for racial and because they look funny, not to mention up to date model

I have been changing most of my toons to pandaren (if the class can be pandaren, it is becoming a pandaren). Honestly I could care less about the racials or the newness. To me it is all about the idea of being a large furry thing. I did not like the worgen much and the pandaren fit my personality better then the other races. My other race is gnomes (for my lock and DK) and while currently a dwarf paladin, I have been thinking of changing it to a draenei.

Plus honestly the female Pandaren are really cute imo.
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2012-11-06 at 07:43 PM.

Whats wrong with the blood elf? I really like blood elf monk for the extra silence and free chi. 2nd would be undead as we don't have any cc-removing abilities.

I haven't seen a tauren monk yet

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was the new character model, architecture, and all around just a breath of fresh air. I have to say, I'm really impressed with the animations of the model. Even something as simple as the eye movement for the females is a huge step up from anything else in the game.

Deleted
    If/when I roll a monk it's going to be a Blood Elf, because I like their model/animations and lore.

I made a Tauren monk for roleplay reasons actually. The animations are also really cool, it's nice to see a Tauren front flip kick someone, etc. Honestly I've seen more Tauren than trolls or orcs for monks.

I rolled orc monk at first.

But after trying the class out at max level on the PTR I decided to forego it as a whole since I didn't like it much.

So I decided why not kill two stones with one bird and went Pandaren monk so I'd see the Pandaren starting area and see how the class looks like for the first 10 or so levels.

While Pandaren animations are absolutely amazing, I simply can't let go of Orc being my favorite race all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Man, no love for dem troll monks ? C'mon, even their /dance is actually fighting !

I chose Pandaren because their monk animations look the most natural... the older models tend to look broken when doing monk moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren, both for their racials, can be Alliance, and females are just adorable
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc because... orc. Plus the fucked up big time with Pandaren shoulders. When male pandarens are in their fighting animation their arms clip through their shoulder armor big time and it drives me INSANE!

Troll mon!

Trolls are definitely my favorite race in the game. Their history and lore is awesome, their leader is awesome (And possibly going to be the new War Chief!), they're the tallest race in the game (Fun fact! When a Troll stands straight he's taller than a Tauren!). Having the option to bust out some Troll RP whenever you want is amazing. (Why ya be takin Voojinn's quest items, mon?). And there seems to be some kind of unspoken brotherhood between Trolls. You see another Troll? You help him out.

20% Haste increase racial is one of the best available and a great bonus.

And it gives me an excuse to wear the Zandalari / Gurubashi armor that looks amazing on us!

Come to de Darkspear side, mon!

-Voojinn

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an orc because I like orcs.

It was hard for me.

Taurens have always been my favorite because I play tanks and Taurens are tanks....I mean just look at them.

But I also like Trolls and thought Monk would match up with them really well in style and feel.

But then I realized that if I went Panda and their racial + throwing in Alchemy, I could easily change a significant amount of stats just by eating food and popping an elixir depending on the fight. I liked that flexibility.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't give two shits about racial. The reason I chose Panda was because of it's animations.

Firstly, I've always been a fan of non-human races, but mostly... shit have you seen their faces? When they channel cast, they chant. You can almost read their lips. They're just so damn fun. They've got more animation frames and movements in their run than the other races have combined. They're just a joy to watch.

On top of that, the monk specific animations were obviously created for them. They tend to look stiff (Looking at you, brewmaster stance) on most of the other races. The panda, while I was against it at first, just represents what I want from the game; a relaxed, fun experience.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    For the Forsaken! I don't really care about racials and Undeads are simply awesome!