Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    0 Sense found in post about BL world first kill of Empress.

My thoughts?
    Saw this thread coming when I first saw the pic.

On topic: who cares. Last HC kill they had (in Cata something?) they had no shamans, same thread happened.
    Maybe their rogue had the flu -_-
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

First tier cata shamans say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulZul View Post
    First tier cata shamans say hi.
    Not exactly. Shaman were absolutely useless in T11. Rogues have the best cleave in the whole game, and are thus the top DPS for Garalon and Un'sok. It's just that Shek'zeer doesn't really have cleaving going on, which hurts Rogue DPS too much. I'm fine with classes having specialties, but the way Blizzard does it takes it too far. Buffing Rogue single target DPS while nerfing BF would be good idea imo. Also as has been said, problem with Shek'zeer is melee problem, not a rogue problem specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglio View Post
    0 DK's your thoughts?
    Both tanks were blood dks

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:23 AM ----------

Many got shit wrong, here's the BL setup:

7 x Healers: 1 MW monk, 2 Holy paladin, 2 priest (don't know if holy/disc) and 2 resto shamans.

2 x Tanks
    Both Blood Tanks as far as I know, MMO champ linked to Absol's 85 pally tank and not his 90 DK tank according to Affinitii.

16 x dps
    3 x moonkin
    1 x feral-cat
    1 x shadowpriest
    2 x lock
    1 x warrior
    1 x ret
    2 x elemental
    1 x hunter
    3 x mage
    1 x monk

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    rogues aside, I think it's important to note that there were almost no meeles, if there were 2 tanks and 1 ret pally, then the reason is not that it's a personal vendetta towards rogues, it's more like the fight is favoring ranged or that meele might represent a complication to the fight that can't be avoided.

Guilds at this level will always find the way to the prize thru the path of less resistance. If the fight is ranged friendly, the composition will be ranged. If the fight is meele friendly they'll get a meele heavy comp.
    I suspect the only reason they brought the ret (and 2 holy paladins) were for the hand of sacrifices, devotion auras and so on, could simply mean that the tactic BL went for required 3 paladins...

Some classes/specs bring alot of utility, rogues don't.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Our video has been streamed for the Garalon kill. We used 4 rogues.
    Okey, well, just further makes the OP's point useless.
    One whole boss didn't use a class, big whoop.

Thanks for clarifying regardless. I never watch streams.
    Congrats regardless to your guild.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    10 combo points envenom CT FoK. Yeah, It's not hard as mut.
    That's the best way to max poison dmg in an aoe burst.
    so with the level of haste right now you take your ramp up time lets say 20sec and bam ready to explode

oh adds are already dead damn

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Min / Maxing has always been part of the World first race and that includes stacking some classes and benching others. Doesn't mean those classes are generally OP or useless
    From the outside it looks that way, what many below the "world first tier" guilds don't understand is that they have to optimize everything, lack of gear, limited time and having to push for hours on end "forces" them to look in places for increased effectiveness to do encounters. Ragnaros got 3 healed because of dps requirements, some guilds solotanked it with a blood DK, just because one class wasn't taken for a fight doesn't mean it's bad... it means other classes/specs are better suited or tactics required an extra druid or paladin for cooldowns, if you're butthurt because a top guild benched rogues for one fight to get world first then you're so far away from understanding their mindset that it's scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    We all know that Rogues are superawesome and you are top dps at every single target fight, cleaving fights & aoe fights.

Now move on, we want to discuss why Rogue's have been benched.

P.S: While Blood Legion did not use 1Rogue, it does not mean that Rogues are bad now.
    Rogues are balanced, do you really have to be number 1 on logs to make rogues stop bitching? Theres shitloads of speccs that are off a lot worse. You can meter whore again aiming end of MoP just like every other patch end Xpack...atleast you are certain to compete best dmg at some point

Deleted
    Obviously, since Blood Legion didn't use Rogues and didn't feature a lot of Death Knights and Warriors, the classes suck and you MUST reroll.

There is just no alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Rogues are balanced, do you really have to be number 1 on logs to make rogues stop bitching? Theres shitloads of speccs that are off a lot worse. You can meter whore again aiming end of MoP just like every other patch end Xpack...atleast you are certain to compete best dmg at some point
    I'm certainly tired of reading this "rogues are balanced". Specs? Rogue is a class, not a spec. You can't compare plain rogues to enhancement shamans or retribution paladins, as they have other roles, but rogues only got melee DPS.

This is the chronology of rogues in MOP :

-It's alpha yet, talent trees may change.
    -It's the beginning of beta, many changes will happen.
    -It's only been two weeks, all these things will be fixed.
    -There's still time to change talents and things.
    -They are tweaking numbers, but they can still change talents.
    -Rogues are fine, one patch note in four builds means they are balanced, only few tweaks needed.
    -Things will be fixed during the expansion, now just some changes before release.
    -Rogues are balanced, you FOTMers don't know how to play. Stop whining!
    -Rogues are fine, still overpowered, they are still owning arena and raids.
    -Well, rogues are the least used class in all arena brackets together with monks, but they are still balanced, it's other classes that are much better. They are still amazing in PVE!
    -The class is the least used class in the entire game, with a tiny margin over monks, but it's because people don't like to play backstabbing cowards that vanish when fight is looking bad.
    -No rogues used in some of the heroic kills? Well, they are balanced, it's not the end of the world, you just have to learn to play.

And so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    I'm certainly tired of reading this "rogues are balanced". Specs? Rogue is a class, not a spec. You can't compare plain rogues to enhancement shamans or retribution paladins, as they have other roles, but rogues only got melee DPS.

This is the chronology of rogues in MOP :

-It's alpha yet, talent trees may change.
    -It's the beginning of beta, many changes will happen.
    -It's only been two weeks, all these things will be fixed.
    -There's still time to change talents and things.
    -They are tweaking numbers, but they can still change talents.
    -Rogues are fine, one patch note in four builds means they are balanced, only few tweaks needed.
    -Things will be fixed during the expansion, now just some changes before release.
    -Rogues are balanced, you FOTMers don't know how to play. Stop whining!
    -Rogues are fine, still overpowered, they are still owning arena and raids.
    -Well, rogues are the least used class in all arena brackets together with monks, but they are still balanced, it's other classes that are much better. They are still amazing in PVE!
    -The class is the least used class in the entire game, with a tiny margin over monks, but it's because people don't like to play backstabbing cowards that vanish when fight is looking bad.
    -No rogues used in some of the heroic kills? Well, they are balanced, it's not the end of the world, you just have to learn to play.

And so on.
    And theres almost always only 1 viable specc for PvE so why bother, it doesn't make a single difference to what I said. They are doing decent dmg just like some others are only doing decent damage. The only difference is rogues are number 1 dps in some patches compared to those others dps so when you are not top dps you start crying.

Unless you are bottom dps as a pure dps class I see no reason for whining. Being in the middle isn't a bad thing...and if that makes top guilds stop taking rogues for 1-2 weeks because of lack of gear to fill that few dps loss than so be it.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-11-11 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Because rogues bring absolutely nothing to the table in a 25man raid.
    huge personal survival? rogues should take much less damage than just about every other class with abilities like vanish feint and cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    huge personal survival? rogues should take much less damage than just about every other class with abilities like vanish feint and cloak.
    Like that matters...
    All that can kill you is avoidable.
    Raid damage will be healed through, if healers can't handle that then healers suck.
    One of the reasons resto druids aren't "great" is because all they bring is throughput, they don't have an effective raid CD. Yes tranquility is great AFTER you take damage or in high frequency aoe pulses like last phase Elegon, but in many cases a power word: Barrier or Devotion Aura is prefferable. Same with rogues, other classes/specs bring MORE to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    Your thoughts?
    No.....how about us listening to your thoughts on the thread you created.
    Pathetic waste of time threads where the op has fuck all to contribute to it whatsoever.
    Why not state why you think they didnt take a rogue in your thread opener? or at least anything but 'your thoughts' or 'discuss' like so many other mongs that do the same.
    Not even going to mention the topic of the thread either....everytime one class is not in one of these world first kills these threads appear.
    Laughable beyond reason.

Edit - lol you havnt even replied in your piss poor thread you created....what was the point of this again?
    Last edited by Suggs; 2012-11-11 at 05:38 PM.

1 warrior
    1 death knight
    4 paladins

Totally unfair, imbalanced, wtf, this is proof Blizzard doesn't balance plate classes....

4 shaman
    1 hunter
    Totally unfair, imbalanced, wtf, this is proof Blizzard doesn't balance mail classes.....

4 druids
    2 monks
    0 rogues
    Totally unfair, imbalanced, wtf, this is proof Blizzard doesn't balance leather classes....

3 mages
    3 priests
    2 warlocks

Apparently cloth are somewhat balanced.

Seriously, just because rogues aren't #1 on DPS with or without trying, there's no need to make a personal crusade claiming they're broken. They've been the dominant DPS class for 8 years. I'd imagine a lot of rogue players switched over the nerf (heck, over any nerf) even while some rogues said they needed adjustment down.

I'm not a world first raider, not anywhere remotely close, but we didn't have a mage or warlock in our raid in Cataclysm. Had nothing to do with the class, just that we didn't have anyone that wanted to bring one. We had multiple druids, multiple hunters. We would have possibly benefited from more class diversity, but....you bring the player, not the class right?

What if those monks were previously rogues and the players in BL wanted to try the new class and liked it?

ive personally never seen rogues being THIS garbage in an expansion in both pvp and pve - completely useless class. every rogue that I have played with is now either a mage or a warrior, rogue expansions have come to an end.

Most rogues these days have the First or Last outlook on pve dps

Deleted
    0 rogues on last kill, probably 10 rogues on Garalon, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Wait.. NO ROGUES!?/?!!ELEVENTYONE!!

Guys get to the forums asap, rogues need a major buff right now, increasing their aoe damage by 500% and giving them permanent invisibility.
    That's a good idea, then maybe they will match the flavor of their class. It's laughable when druids and hunters have better everything.. including stealth. But the sarcasm in your post was very very funny. <- see i can do it too.