Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for games for my fiance.

My fiance is very, VERY picky about what kinds of games she'll play. I asked her what she likes in video games and this is the literal criteria she gave me:

-Must be able to make a female character, and customize it
    -Must have good, non-cartoony graphics
    -Must have fun, likable companions
    -***MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR XBOX 360***

-Medieval or Fantasy setting is preferred, Sci-Fi is generally frowned upon (Mass Effect is the only exception she's ever made, and it lost points for it)
    -Romance arcs are a plus

Some of her favorite games to date are Skyrim, Dragon Age (Origins, Awakening, and 2), Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3). She tried Fable and disliked it pretty intensely for the graphics, saying they made the game unenjoyable for her.

Low-cost games are ideal, but newer ones are welcome as well. If they have available demos that's even better!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eilonna View Post
    My fiance is very, VERY picky about what kinds of games she'll play. I asked her what she likes in video games and this is the literal criteria she gave me:

-Medieval or Fantasy setting is preferred, Sci-Fi is generally frowned upon (Mass Effect is the only exception she's ever made, and it lost points for it)
    -Romance arcs are a plus

Some of her favorite games to date are Skyrim, Dragon Age (Origins, Awakening, and 2), Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3). She tried Fable and disliked it pretty intensely for the graphics, saying they made the game unenjoyable for her.

Low-cost games are ideal, but newer ones are welcome as well. If they have available demos that's even better!
    http://jadeempire.wikia.com/wiki/Jade_Empire_2

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/dragon-age-3/

closest game to her liking i know about is called fallout3 fallout:new vegas elderscrolls oblivion and dragons dogma but none of them have all the traits said above (there missing in romance or highly developed companions). Apart from that there is a new skyrim dlc coming called dragonborn.

her game types are usealy done by bioware so going to there site is a good idea other great games worthy of testing as a demo or looking into is alan wake/dead rising/ red dead redemption/ hunted:reckoning/prototype they do not fit her suggestions above but could be games that could fit outside those suggestions.

if you dont mind going back in time and look for xbox classic versions to the 360 then she should look for jade empire and knights of the old republic

Ahh you tease me with the Dragon Age 3 link, I'm anxiously awaiting that to come out.

Jade Empire looks light it may be worth looking into, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I know that she's kind of a pain in the rear to find games for, being so picky. I've exhausted my personal knowledge of games and kept her amused for a few months but I ran out of ideas. She didn't care much for Fallout 3. Oblivion may be worth trying since she did like Skyrim, and I'll have to have her try Dragons Dogma.

Yeah she's a huge Bioware fangirl but I don't really know what they've done outside Dragon Age and Mass Effect that she'd enjoy, I'll do some more reseach ino their company.

Thanks for the help!

Deleted
    being a huge bioware fan myself i loved dragons dogma jade empire/ knights of the old republic neverwinter nights/ baldurs gate are older games bioware have done me/dragon age being the most famous of there games. If more games cross my mind ill edit it in here.

only way to keep her amused in gaming will probaly be by pc.Geting her into a mmo game on the pc.

ah the telltale game walking dead is fun if she like companions and making tough choices.

bethesda gaming company also worth looking into
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2012-11-11 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age 2 (seriously, this game is excellent and severely underrated over-hated).

Deleted
    Sims 3 is out on Xbox i think.

I'll toss my vote out for Jade Empire. Bioware made and didn't get enough fanfare in my opinion. You may want to look at the graphics with her though, because they might not be quite up to what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age 2 (seriously, this game is excellent and severely underrated over-hated).
    She's already played both, as have I, and they definitely are great games.
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Sims 3 is out on Xbox i think.
    Sadly, even though this is a troll post, that was all she would play before I got her to try Dragon Age.
    Quote Originally Posted by saeco View Post
    I'll toss my vote out for Jade Empire. Bioware made and didn't get enough fanfare in my opinion. You may want to look at the graphics with her though, because they might not be quite up to what she wants.
    I think they look realistic enough to hold her attention, they aren't perfect but they aren't cartoony like Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.

Deleted
    The Witcher I & II maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    did you read? Customisation and female character. Picky woman. Witcher 1-2 doesn't fall nowhere near in the catagory.

for the poster, got no idea. Just get her a fantasy outfit, then she plays a female character wich she can customize with realistic graphics. And you get to roleplay aswell..

So you're limiting it to US RPG on the 360?

Since all JRPGs don't include the character customization during creation, except for online games, you're limited to RPGs made in the US.
    Since you've already played most of the decent US RPGs, I strongly recommends her to expand her options.

If she's willing to try default female character but customizable with equipments or accessories, FF 13 and 13-2 aren't terrible, though both of those aren't exactly good on the customizable department.

Resonance of Fate is another interesting game and has a lot of outfits to choose from, but the 'main' character is a guy, though the female one sticks with him almost throughout the entire game.

Fantasy Star Universe has a lot of female character customizable options, but there's no story involved, just pure grinds.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-11-11 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could try the KOTOR games. They're last gen, but very good games at least.

Both came out for Xbox(not 360). Idk how good the reverse compatibility is for em though. A lot of Xbox games run like crap on the 360

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I'd say Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas are your best bets, I personally favor New Vegas. I actually just started playing it again a few days ago

EDIT: New Vegas has a HUGE amount of customization, every play through can be completely different from the last. You can choose your character's looks, attributes, skills, perks, and combat style, as well as whether your character is good, evil, or somewhere inbetween as you play, gaining positive or negative Fame among the game's factions in the process. There are eight recruitable companions(more with the DLC), each with their own background story, personality, combat style, and perks given to the player, as well as quests to improve them and learn more about the character. Six of them are humanoid, two non-humanoid, and you can have one of each type with you at a a time.

While technically it IS sci-fi, it isn't really all up in your face about it like Mass Effect. It's more like a Wild West RPG with some futuristic elements tossed in, which is pretty much what it was going for.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-11-11 at 06:49 PM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

She needs to upgrade to PC. Most games will use xbox controllers now too on PC. Otherwise - i saw skyrim, but i did not se elder scrolls - thats a heck of a long fantasy game - with non-cartoony graphics, and many many story arcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I honestly don't know what the big deal is about the Witcher. I realize tastes differ, but I truly loath the animations and especially the combat.

I know you strictly said for 360, but if she's at all willing to play something on a computer...She might love the storyline for Star Wars: The Old Republic. Female character creation, several companions with fairly deep storylines along with the player, on top of your class storyline and general storyline of the game.

If she's hellbent on 360-exclusive...I think all her potential options are been listed. And she'll be out of games again by summer =/
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

-Romance arcs are a plus

Did she tried Dragon's Dogma?

Deleted
    She should try new stuff.

OT: If she haven't played the elder scrolls series she could check that out. Theres also fallout and maybe borderlands? Borderlands got quite a cartoony art style so maybe thats a no. She could also try out Kingdoms of amalur reckoning but theres alot of boring side quests there and you don't really have any funny companions with you. Tbh i can't come up with any more games that she haven't already played. Theres deus ex and the witcher however you can't play a female character on those games : /

Your gf sounds exactly like me. Unfortunately there's very few good games out there with female heros, and if she demands customization the list goes down to almost none.
    Jade empire is one of my fave games so if she has a regular Xbox I recommend it but the char is not customizable. I hated Kotor but I love swtor, and there is customization in it, if she can accept PC games. The elder scrolls series is great ofc and its got customizable females so if she hadn't played it then its your biggest option. Otherwise she will rly have to settle for non customizable. Girl gamers really can't afford to be that picky, there is just not enough options for us out there, she needs to just be glad she can play as a girl at all.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jade Empire seems to be the one that interested her the most so I'll give that a try.

Her computer has been down for a while and the Alienware I bought her won't arrive for another two weeks, so I've been buying her xbox games to tide her over until it arrives. If she had a computer available, she'd be playing WoW or GW2 with me and this wouldn't be an issue.

I tried the demo for Dragon's Dogma and even I was really bored with it, is the demo not an accurate depiction of gameplay? It offered no customization and basically consisted of waiting for something to land and then mashing X and Y.