Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire Rafax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Braga, Portugal
    Posts
    443
    Fable in general!

    Forget the idea...

  2. #22
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    141
    Honestly after living with my gf and 3 other women under 1 roof for years, they prioritize the games for the 360 as follow: Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Halo Reach, Mass Effect (they all love 1 and 3), Dragon Age, and Bayonetta. They're not all under the category that your girl may be looking for, because my roomies hated the idea of any of those games at first, but ask her to give them a shot at an easy setting and absorb whatever story is associated to the titles that catch her eyes.

    You could always go to GameStop and buy the games used to try em out. Hold on to the receipt and if you bring the games back within 7 days, you'll get your money back.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by eilonna View Post
    Jade Empire seems to be the one that interested her the most so I'll give that a try.

    Her computer has been down for a while and the Alienware I bought her won't arrive for another two weeks, so I've been buying her xbox games to tide her over until it arrives. If she had a computer available, she'd be playing WoW or GW2 with me and this wouldn't be an issue.

    I tried the demo for Dragon's Dogma and even I was really bored with it, is the demo not an accurate depiction of gameplay? It offered no customization and basically consisted of waiting for something to land and then mashing X and Y.
    dragons dogma got a huge learning curve you could say the game starts when you reach the capital until then its slowly learning how everything works mastering the first abilitys how to switch rolls how to hire companions how to fight the tougher monsters track quests yea everything once you reach he town its up to you to do what you want be it following 1 of the 4 first mainquest arcs or do optional missons explore so on.

    almost every class have 2x weapons and every weapon lets you choose 3x special moves. that means 6 moves your choice but you have to level up the class to get new skills there is also perks you can train. the customization is offered fully on live game at least you can change everything on your chars looks after picking a random starting model its possible you might have missed it and you also get to custom a secondary char that serves as your companion trough the entire game. Further on there is different armor sets enchanting herbs/potions and like i said more skills/spells and advanced player classes and how you combine your 4 party team will mean life and death when you head out on missons. Random events occurs at least after reaching the capital like prisoners in a cage hold by a pack of harpys or a caravan with escort geting attacked by a horde of goblins which i helped only to see a giant griffon crashland right on the caravan horse -.- then trying to butcher me before flying away.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJTEAYG8D4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekhVTYDrKgk

    the first one shows customization and the second link shows some annoying guy geting attacked by a griffon.
    Last edited by nemerus; 2012-11-12 at 05:19 AM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Could try the KOTOR games. They're last gen, but very good games at least.

    Both came out for Xbox(not 360). Idk how good the reverse compatibility is for em though. A lot of Xbox games run like crap on the 360
    If you can get it to work.. I bought KOTOR on Steam, can't get past the first level.. some bug where you can't open the last door on the first stage...

  5. #25
    I don't understand this. From what I've been reading your fiancé is a mentally challenged retard who can't think for herself? She can't buy her own games? Do her own research? Why do you have to please her?

    Christ she could you know, work and do sports. + 2 weeks until the PC arrives...just stream videos or something.

    Inb4 Infraction or something.

    OT: Dragons Dogma - Even though its made by Crapcom, it is actually what your're looking for here.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-11-12 at 06:12 AM.

  6. #26
    picky picky, i'm almost offended that she doesn't like sci-fi but whatever. that really limits her options. Knight of the old republic and the Jedi Knight series (jedi academy has customizable charachters) and of course the Fallout series. If she's run out of games to play i suggest Oblivion, though you might not see her again for a few months.

    If you want to go into the MMO realm then you have more options, though the graphic types may not be to her liking. (also slightly offended at the lable "cartoony" friggin graphics purists...) WoW is probably out then, but there are other MMO's with more realistic graphics. SWTOR is sci-fi but has lots of romance arcs and customizable characters.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    If you can get it to work.. I bought KOTOR on Steam, can't get past the first level.. some bug where you can't open the last door on the first stage...
    Oh, I know, I have both Kotors on pc, but since the OP mentioned 360, I'd throw out the fact that both were made for xbox and he might have more luck with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangles69 View Post
    I don't understand this. From what I've been reading your fiancé is a mentally challenged retard who can't think for herself? She can't buy her own games? Do her own research? Why do you have to please her?

    Christ she could you know, work and do sports. + 2 weeks until the PC arrives...just stream videos or something.

    Inb4 Infraction or something.

    OT: Dragons Dogma - Even though its made by Crapcom, it is actually what your're looking for here.

    Infracted
    I don't understand the need to be rude. He's not doing it b/c she can't. He's probably doing it to help her(haven't you ever helped anyone before?) since she's probably busy with other things and she doesn't sound like much of a gamer so she probably doesn't care enough to look for various games.
    if I left...no one would care

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    picky picky, i'm almost offended that she doesn't like sci-fi but whatever. that really limits her options. Knight of the old republic and the Jedi Knight series (jedi academy has customizable charachters) and of course the Fallout series. If she's run out of games to play i suggest Oblivion, though you might not see her again for a few months.

    If you want to go into the MMO realm then you have more options, though the graphic types may not be to her liking. (also slightly offended at the lable "cartoony" friggin graphics purists...) WoW is probably out then, but there are other MMO's with more realistic graphics. SWTOR is sci-fi but has lots of romance arcs and customizable characters.
    Well it's her prerogative to play games with themes and graphics she enjoys, luckily for everyone involved her tastes aren't legally obligated to align with yours.

    She seems to have settled of Dragon's Dogma for the time being, with Jade Empire as a back up.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by eilonna View Post
    Well it's her prerogative to play games with themes and graphics she enjoys, luckily for everyone involved her tastes aren't legally obligated to align with yours.

    She seems to have settled of Dragon's Dogma for the time being, with Jade Empire as a back up.
    Jade Empire from Steam does not work, don't buy it.
    Neither does Fallout 3. Seriously, don't even bother trying the suggested fixes, they flat-out don't work.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Jade Empire from Steam does not work, don't buy it.
    Neither does Fallout 3. Seriously, don't even bother trying the suggested fixes, they flat-out don't work.
    Appreciate the heads up, we were gonna get it off the xbox marketplace since she doesn't have a working PC atm.

  11. #31
    While the main character is male, the female leads are well done and I thought the story was very well presented, Lost Odyssey could be a cheap option (since its been out for a few years). Technically, it doesn't fit your criteria, but I'd feel bad not mentioning it. I've got a collector friend and I'll try and scour though his xbox/360 collection to see what might fit your criteria that has not yet been mentioned.

  12. #32
    Mass Effect & Dragon Age maybe ? =P

  13. #33
    does some people even read what he wrote in hes first thread she have already played me and dao gameson that note i see she decided to go with dragons dogma and jade empire i should be a salesman /grin and yea these 2x games is highly suggested as backups even if they dont seem to fit here picky file

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TAfVwpmqV4 this is a coop game you can play with her i enjoyed this game so much i replayed the whole game asap upon clear.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBctl1h_2o this one is red dead redemption its a game set in the wild west period it got a rich/amazing storyline and alot of events happening while exploring the world like a bear our puma attacking from the bushes to a girl that asks for helps leading you into an bandit ambush, family man begging you to help hes wife thats about to be hanged by a bunch lowlifes. Both games highly suggested to try

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •