Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to ask out a dedicated Christian woman?

I've been sort-of talking to this girl at college off and on for about a month. Well the last time we talked (a few days ago), things went fantastic and she gave me her contact information.

Well she is older than me, probably smarter than me, and probably more virtuous than me. By which I mean that she is a dedicated Christian. I tend to think of myself as a very virtuous person and have very high morals and principles (similar to Christian values).

My problem is, I have absolutely zero experience when it comes to dating people. I'd like to wait longer and get to know her better, but the semester ends in a few weeks and we may never see each other again, so I also want to ask her out. However, I don't want to be just some standard guy who asks her out to dinner or a movie.

I want to ask her out in a way that seems appropriate given our shared religious background, however I'm drawing a blank here as to how I can do that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.
    We don't have any classes together, but we run into each other on campus fairly often. I want to ask her out in real life, not through the internet (we are Facebook friends).

This seems like such fertile soil, but everything I want to say is infractable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This seems like such fertile soil, but everything I want to say is infractable.
    Ditto that
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    "I know its absurd, but every time I walk towards you, it feels like im being lead to bethlehem."

You're welcome.

Spectral, I'll take the hit for you. For fuck's sake, all of these threads... Just do it. And by "do it" I don't mean that.

And no, dinner and movie is the worst possible first date. Try coffee and walk around in a park.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Fancy going out somewhere' 'want to go for a coffee' tis simple really.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

She goes to church, you need to ask here about that. She may even invite you to go there with her.

I met my wife at church, as long as you are respectful then it can be a great place to chat and get to know her (as it is a safe place).

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    And no, dinner and movie is the worst possible first date. Try coffee and walk around in a park.
    The best first date I ever had was an old fashioned ice cream parlor and a strip club. Foreign girl, her idea, wanted to see what it was all about. Well, the ice cream was my idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a friend who dated a hardcore christian girl, he was also christian they got on very well, but it never went past the platonic relationship so he gave up.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    She goes to church, you need to ask here about that. She may even invite you to go there with her.
    Alternatively, just slam your head into a wall for an hour, and save the gas.

Deleted
    Is she catholic? Being christian can mean many things. If shes protestant for example, she can do whatever everyone else can and doesn't even have to go to church on Sundays. Im christian too and come from a religious background but don't expect any special treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You float my ark."

"You are so unblemished that I would sacrifice you."

"Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead"

Some more in case the first one doesn't sweep her off her feet.

The best first date I ever had ... Foreign girl, her idea, wanted to see what it was all about. Well, the ice cream was my idea.
    There you go, listen to her.

Ice Cream and a walk in a park would work too.

Alternatively, just slam your head into a wall for an hour, and save the gas.
    Patience young padawan... you would be surprised at what a little time can get you

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Patience young padawan... you would be surprised at what a little time can get you
    No, I wouldn't. I burned through two years of life dating an Evangelical Christian, and the primary thing it taught me is that hardcore Christians will never, ever simply take "I respect you but don't share your beliefs and never will" for an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ask her out for some coffee. Her giving you her contact info is almost her telling you to ask her out just not in so many words. Go for it! you only have one shot so take it!

Wait, why am I giving any advice here. I met my current GF at a bar.

Tell her you have some things you don't understand in the Bible and ask her to help out. May be have a study night.

---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    "You float my ark."
    I love it xD
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    very high morals and principles (similar to Christian values).
    Can't be that high then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    'Fancy going out somewhere' 'want to go for a coffee' tis simple really.
    Pretty much. You can take just about any girl to "coffee", that is assuming they like coffee. It's just about creating an opportunity to get to know each other in a low stress environment. It doesn't have to be coffee, going to any inexpensive, public place is non threatening way to see if you would be interested in spending more time with each other.