Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
63
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Mechagnome LolretKJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Pretty fucking stupid of Hamas to continue with the rocket attacks though. It's like firing a .22 at Godzilla, and Godzilla has already proven willing to drop 3,000 tons of bombs on your neighborhood.
    This made me laugh really hard. It's a terrible thing to laugh at but it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

  2. #242
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm not a soldier, so my callousness may be cavalier, but I really just think it's a question of efficiency. White phosphors is really just not a very good way to kill people in general. But, if the choice is leveling half a city block with HE to get at concealed enemy fighters or shooting some WP rockets into their hidey holes, might as well go with the WP.
    Why not shoot HE into their hidey holes? WP will burn down the town and spread damage, HE won't (hopefully).

  3. #243
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    misfire? setting women and children on fire ah its ok it was a misfire.. anywhere else in the world there would be outrage but its ok in gazza? does it really matter whether it was a misfire? isnt there a repsonsibilty on the side with over whelming fire power to at least try and moderate their actions?
    What is your position on strapping on a bomb and boarding a bus and blowing yourself up and all the passengers?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #244
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I have a suggestion, everyone leave Israel alone and stop launching rockets into their schools and homes and actually start complying with the Peace Accords that you demand Israel abide by... because we all know that peace accords work best when only one side complies and not both... but wait... that would mean that the countries in the region would have to live up to their word.

    Actually, I AM in support of letting y'all inspect Israeli nukes and their potential for devastation, up close and personal...
    I have a suggestion: Israel go back to the old borders so they don't keep creating this situation. They've killed tens of thousands more Palestinians in retaliations too; they're "retaliating" to their own invasion and barbaric treatment of innocent people.

    They got a great deal in the creation of their country and illegally wanted more. While I don't like civilian deaths, they've pretty much left themselves open to it and created it. It's Israel's fault. They're the perpetrator, not victim.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    does the term "misfire" cover bad intel as to targets? like a spotter getting wrong location, etc?
    Nope. That's just bad intel, and will be considered differently under international law, as far as I know.

  6. #246
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why not shoot HE into their hidey holes? WP will burn down the town and spread damage, HE won't (hopefully).
    Sounds good to me. I'm not trying to argue for the use of WP itself, rather that I don't see anything wrong with using hammers for nails and screwdrivers for screws.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I have a suggestion: Israel go back to the old borders so they don't keep creating this situation. They've killed tens of thousands more Palestinians in retaliations too; they're "retaliating" to their own invasion and barbaric treatment of innocent people.

    They got a great deal in the creation of their country and illegally wanted more. While I don't like civilian deaths, they've pretty much left themselves open to it and created it. It's Israel's fault. They're the perpetrator, not victim.
    It's a little late in the game to be playing "what started it."
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

  7. #247
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    It's a little late in the game to be playing "what started it."
    Very true. Let's play "who's occupying, destroying, starving, degrading and massacring who"

    Winner: Israel. They're not victims.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  8. #248
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    16,492
    Mr. Netanyahu, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Very true. Let's play "who's occupying, destroying, starving, degrading and massacring who"

    Winner: Israel. They're not victims.
    Really? Tell that to my friend whose sister was blown up on a bus while returning from school.
    Or countless others who lost family due to some fanatic thinking that killing a busload of people will earn him the highest respect.

    Israel retaliates. Nothing you say will change that. Sometimes the retaliations kill innocents, yes. But that's what happens when the rockets are fired from within schools and hospitals.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Really? Tell that to my friend whose sister was blown up on a bus while returning from school.
    Or countless others who lost family due to some fanatic thinking that killing a busload of people will earn him the highest respect.

    Israel retaliates. Nothing you say will change that. Sometimes the retaliations kill innocents, yes. But that's what happens when the rockets are fired from within schools and hospitals.
    People like this are the problem.

    Both sides think that they are "just retaliating". Thus the problem is never solved, more bodies are just added to the pile.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Nope. That's just bad intel, and will be considered differently under international law, as far as I know.
    just to be clear, i was asking a real question.

    you didnt appear to take it an attack, but i wanted to be sure you know im not flaming, trying to get you with "gotcha" questions, or otherwise piss in your wheaties. i know the whole situation isnt pleasant for anybody, and that emotions run high and innocent things can be misconstrued

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    People like this are the problem.

    Both sides think that they are "just retaliating". Thus the problem is never solved, more bodies are just added to the pile.
    If I thought Hamas and other parties would actually respect a ceasefire, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, every time one is declared, it's broken my more rocket barrages.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 09:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just to be clear, i was asking a real question.

    you didnt appear to take it an attack, but i wanted to be sure you know im not flaming, trying to get you with "gotcha" questions, or otherwise piss in your wheaties. i know the whole situation isnt pleasant for anybody, and that emotions run high and innocent things can be misconstrued
    Oh, don't worry, I understood that you meant it as a legitimate question

  13. #253
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Maybe this was sarcasm and if so it's done in bad taste. Otherwise this is probably the most disgusting view on this matter I've ever seen.
    Really? I'm honored. Although I'm a bit confused as to how my post beat the handful of people who actually called for Israel to kill every Palestinian. I really think you're being unfair to others who have worked far harder to achieve this than me. You know what? This isn't right. I may have been quoted the most, and made the most noise, but it certainly was not the most disgusting view on the matter that you've ever seen. Thus, I cannot accept this award. I ask only that the Academy exercises more integrity in selecting a recipient in the future.

    I'd like to point out that I am still trying to get "Best Supporting Actor" though!

  14. #254
    Scarab Lord Zhangfei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cola, SC via Devon
    Posts
    4,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Really? Tell that to my friend whose sister was blown up on a bus while returning from school.
    Bring her to me and I will. Happily. She supports the regime that created this problem.

    Or countless others who lost family due to some fanatic thinking that killing a busload of people will earn him the highest respect.
    Same. I simply have no interest in appeasing Israelis because they steal land and treat the original inhabitants like dirt and then get upset that they fight back.

    Israel retaliates. Nothing you say will change that. Sometimes the retaliations kill innocents, yes. But that's what happens when the rockets are fired from within schools and hospitals.
    You kill tens of thousands of innocents. You already destroyed their schools and hospitals. You are at fault for this problem. Sod off back into your own borders.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

  15. #255
    It's sad to me how people vilify Israel so much.

    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize them as a nation, but refuse to recognize Israel as a nation.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize the Islamic nature of the new Palestinian state, but refuse to recognize the Jewish nature of Israel.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to allow the right of return to Palestinians refugees, but refuse the right of return to any Jews displaced by the new 1967 borders.

    How is there supposed to be peace when hypocrisy exists?

    Israel was given back their land by the UN after World War 2 because they saw how the Jews were being persecuted all around the world. They needed a place where they could legally defend themselves and have the freedom to practice their religion. That is as true today as it was back then.

    Islamic holy writings say to convert people or give them the sword. These writings also say that if a piece of land that once belonged to Muslims is lost to heretics, it's their duty to wage a holy war to regain the land for Islam. Unless Israel wants to embrace Islam, they better keep fighting for their lives - because these are things that Hamas very much believes.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Bring her to me and I will. Happily. She supports the regime that created this problem.



    Same. I simply have no interest in appeasing Israelis because they steal land and treat the original inhabitants like dirt and then get upset that they fight back.



    You kill tens of thousands of innocents. You already destroyed their schools and hospitals. You are at fault for this problem. Sod off back into your own borders.
    If only I could meet you in real life.
    In the meantime, I'll respond as politely as I can to your completely offensive and inappropriate remarks: They're dead, and thus you'll never meet them. I do hope Karma is real, though.

  17. #257
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    16,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    It's sad to me how people vilify Israel so much.

    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize them as a nation, but refuse to recognize Israel as a nation.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to recognize the Islamic nature of the new Palestinian state, but refuse to recognize the Jewish nature of Israel.
    - The Palestinians want Israel to allow the right of return to Palestinians refugees, but refuse the right of return to any Jews displaced by the new 1967 borders.

    How is there supposed to be peace when hypocrisy exists?

    Israel was given back their land by the UN after World War 2 because they saw how the Jews were being persecuted all around the world. They needed a place where they could legally defend themselves and have the freedom to practice their religion. That is as true today as it was back then.

    Islamic holy writings say to convert people or give them the sword. These writings also say that if a piece of land that once belonged to Muslims is lost to heretics, it's their duty to wage a holy war to regain the land for Islam. Unless Israel wants to embrace Islam, they better keep fighting for their lives - because these are things that Hamas very much believes.
    The Qu'ran also says you cannot forcibly convert people of the Book, and Jews and Christians are both "people of the Book."
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    If I thought Hamas and other parties would actually respect a ceasefire, I'd be all for it. Unfortunately, every time one is declared, it's broken my more rocket barrages

    Oh, don't worry, I understood that you meant it as a legitimate question
    i like you, but im not exactly a fan of your govt (not a fan of a lot of mine either, but what do you do). i really do wish the hawks would go away, and someone would step up for the palestinians to negotiate in good faith. but right now it seems like (from afar) that both sides are waiting for the other to play nice first, and im not really sure how that can happen without either side overexposing themselves to attacks

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The Qu'ran also says you cannot forcibly convert people of the Book, and Jews and Christians are both "people of the Book."
    So I guess they just get the sword, because I'm trying to make sense of why all those Christians were killed in Egypt when the regime change happened.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post

    Israel was given back their land by the UN after World War 2 because they saw how the Jews were being persecuted all around the world. They needed a place where they could legally defend themselves and have the freedom to practice their religion. That is as true today as it was back then.
    They should have been given part of Germany. They had about as much claim to Germany as they did to Israel...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •