Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post

-----------------------------------
    What truth? Tell me please? There are well documented sources saying that there is a significant number of the rebels who aren't Syrian and from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia etc...
    source please , am not saying that there arent people who aren't Syrian who fight there , but their numbers are small. the FSA also claim that there is Lebanese Iraqis and Iranians who fight with bashar.
    and even more reports about weaponry support from these countries.
    even if that was true , its the FSA right to buy get weps just like how russia and iran keep supplying bashar with weps.
    assad isn't even Shitte
    from their own site, they say they are shi
    http://alawi12.tripod.com/
    ther than documented evidence, I've got some personal experiences as well to share with you, a family of five (the mother being my aunt) were living in Syria and fled few months ago after the whole civil war escalated. You know why? Innocent people were being hunted and executed the rebels break into their homes and executes them all house by house. Do you know who were defending these homes from rebels after knowing about it? No, it wasn't FSA, it was the Shabiba. Thankfully, with the help of these brave men my aunt and her family fled that hell pit (not many were as lucky).
    my dads friend is a Syrian , he is from hamma, and his family is there, he is not in Syria atm, and everything he say is the total opposite to what you just said.
    Now, do not mistake my hate for these terrorists as a support for Assad. I don't really like him either but IMO replacing him with terrorists is a bad idea.
    thats not for you to decide, the Syrian people decided to remove him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW68H...eature=related
    the syrian people protecting before bashar started to kill them.
    "We always knew that our rights can only be regained by force and that is why we have chosen the ammunition box instead of the ballot box"
    "الامة التي لا تحسن صناعة الموت لا تحسن صناعة الحياة"

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Bingo, mah boy. Ain't you a fast learner?
    If you hate apples, and apples are fruit, you could be said to be anti-fruit.
    If you hate arabs, and arabs are semitic, you could be said to be anti-semitic.
    I am sorry but that is just stupid.
    If you hate apples and apples are fruit (it doesn't matter really), you could be said to be anti-apple you would still like orange or banana. Saying that your anti-fruit indicates that you hate all kind of fruits which isn't true. Now on the other hand, if someone hates fruits in general he can be referred to as both anti-fruit or anti-apple.

An apple is a fruit but it doesn't mean that all fruits are apples...

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The difference being that Israel doesn't aim at kids. Hamas does, willingly, gladly even.
    Israel has wanted to settle it for a long time. It really, REALLY, is the fault of Hamas and their ilk that this hasn't ended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ByJb7QQ9U
    What part of reputable sources that you don't understand?

Guys, Please maintain a respectful tone when addressing our users. Do not openly flame or bash them. Report bad posting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    source please , am not saying that there arent people who aren't Syrian who fight there , but their numbers are small. the FSA also claim that there is Lebanese Iraqis and Iranians who fight with bashar.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...ilitants-Syria
    http://www.examiner.com/article/syri...becomes-likely

Yes significant.
    even if that was true , its the FSA right to buy get weps just like how russia and iran keep supplying bashar with weps.
    The thing is they're not buying it. It is being provided free of charge from these countries. Do you know why? because this plot isn't about giving the Syrian people what they want, it is about giving these countries more control in the regin and wanting to seem like the good guys so their countries get spared from the "Arab Spring".
    from their own site, they say they are shi
    http://alawi12.tripod.com/
    First time I knew. I always though him to be Ba'ath stroke me as him being atheist or extremely non-religious man.

my dads friend is a Syrian , he is from hamma, and his family is there, he is not in Syria atm, and everything he say is the total opposite to what you just said.
    Well that only goes to prove that both sides commit horrific acts and itsn't limited to one.
    thats not for you to decide, the Syrian people decided to remove him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW68H...eature=related
    the syrian people protecting before bashar started to kill them.
    22,530,746 is the current population of Syria. How do you know what the majority want? Maybe this is just a vocal minority?

Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    This is true, but it's Hamas' fault for this. They place their missiles in civilian areas so they can use the consequential death for their own agenda.
    This is sort of analogous to the far-too-used argument regarding police in the US that goes sort of like this: "If you take out a knife in the presence of a cop that's aiming at you, no matter how far it is, it's your own damn fault for getting shot." Both are are worthless arguments, though, that totally avoid the underlying issue. In the former situation, the issue being the fact that Israel can shoot down any Palestinian missiles headed for Israel using the Iron Dome and other air defense systems, and in the latter situation the problem being that there's something wrong with the police in the US generally.

In both situations, blame is being shifted solely on the victim. In the former situation, people shift all blame onto Hamas and don't recognize that perhaps Israel has to think it through and realize it maybe doesn't need to retaliate when they know Hamas missiles wont do jack to them. In the latter situation, people blame the shot-down person for taking out a knife without recognizing that there's someone else at fault as well, be it the police or the system itself that's allowed the situation to become so dire that police are too fearful, or whatever the reason is, to actually try and handle the situation better and save more lives, regardless of whether that includes the criminal.

Blademaster

Angel of War

Well, he could have been clearer and said something like anti-Israel, anti-Zionist or whatever but what habitsbreaker said is technically true regardless of the previous poster meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

being anti-Semitic means being anti-Arab among other things. Call it for what it is and don't use wrong vocabs.
    I'm familiar with the meaning of the word Semitic, but in modern English anti-Semitic means specifically anti-Jewish. Trying to play semantic games with the etymology of the word is silly.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Lentus View Post
    What?

That's the same man who called for Salman Rushdie to be assassinated because he wrote a novel about Islam. "Yusuf" is trash.

Blademaster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6_2fvhG0s

Remember the 'little ones' in Palestine. Shame on Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6_2fvhG0s

Remember the 'little ones' in Palestine. Shame on Israel.
    Shame on Hamas for putting them in harm's way.

Scarab Lord
    Let's be clear about this once and for all, keeping it simple for those unfamiliar with this whole thing - The Palestinians have been kicked out of Egypt and Jordan, and have been forced to live in Syrian-run refugee camps in Lebanon funded by Iran. So five Arab Islamic or mostly Islamic states do not want them. Why the big fuss about the two-state solution? Because the other Arab states not only do not want them, but also want Israel to be stuck with them. They are, shall we say, a tad lacking in diplomatic skills that don''t involve gins and murder. Still, Israel would be willing to give them the West Bank if they would live in peace, and as a test run, they gave them a small slab of territory to the southwest of Israel known as the Gaza Strip. The Palestinians wasted no time in turning that land over to Hamas, a terrorist organization funded by Iran, and so Gaza was immediately used as a launching pad for Hamas rockets designed to kill. Yet having failed that test so miserably, the Arabs still want the Israelis to return the West Bank to the Palestinians, a huge land area that Israel won in the 1967 war and has been used for settling the overpopulated Israeli cities. They won it from Jordan, who publicly protested but were privately thrilled because the Palestinians would be living there and they don't want them. Israel would give up land for peace and has proven it by signing a deal with Egypt in 1978 which gave Egypt the Sinai peninsula, a large piece of land which contains oil and a gigantic natural barrier for Egypt's defensive posturing. In return, Egypt promised peace and to keep the Gaza strip from falling under Hamas control. Islamic radicals murdered the Egyptian prime minister for having the audacity to making peace. How dare he? But both sides nonetheless kept their part of the bargain and there has been peace between the two countries for some 40 years or so. And that brings us to this past week, during which we all know what happened. Much of the Israel-bashing is rooted in anti-semitism, but much more is rooted in oil diplomacy. The bad guys have the oil, and we all know what that means. Bottom line? If the Palestinians really, truly wanted peace, there would be peace tomorrow. But they don't.

Ill be honest im not sure if we are past this part or not but i saw it and thought it would be interesting
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    This is sort of analogous to the far-too-used argument regarding police in the US that goes sort of like this: "If you take out a knife in the presence of a cop that's aiming at you, no matter how far it is, it's your own damn fault for getting shot." Both are are worthless arguments, though, that totally avoid the underlying issue. In the former situation, the issue being the fact that Israel can shoot down any Palestinian missiles headed for Israel using the Iron Dome and other air defense systems, and in the latter situation the problem being that there's something wrong with the police in the US generally.

In both situations, blame is being shifted solely on the victim. In the former situation, people shift all blame onto Hamas and don't recognize that perhaps Israel has to think it through and realize it maybe doesn't need to retaliate when they know Hamas missiles wont do jack to them. In the latter situation, people blame the shot-down person for taking out a knife without recognizing that there's someone else at fault as well, be it the police or the system itself that's allowed the situation to become so dire that police are too fearful, or whatever the reason is, to actually try and handle the situation better and save more lives, regardless of whether that includes the criminal.
    I have a lot of issues with this post, especially since it's coming from a moderator.

But Israel doesn't have ability to shot down 'any missile', and this isn't true 'Hamas missiles wont do jack to them' ... last I looked more than half missiles get through, and 3 people died.
    Besides deaths, there is other damage.

It isn't OK what Hamas is doing, Israel should defend itself.

And don't bash US police.

Scarab Lord

Iron dome has a 90% accuracy and there are only 5 in service.... that 10% and the other vast areas not covered are what they dont like
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm familiar with the meaning of the word Semitic, but in modern English anti-Semitic means specifically anti-Jewish. Trying to play semantic games with the etymology of the word is silly.
    It doesn't change the fact that the modern usage of the word is wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I have a lot of issues with this post, especially since it's coming from a moderator.
    mods are people too with opinions. You disagreeing with them is fine and them having them is not a problem.

My cousin linked this video today of one of the airstrikes landing in a Gaza neighborhood:

There are various live streams up and running too. You can hear the buzzing of the drones continuously. Must be horrible to have that going for such a long time, punctuated only by the booms of the bombs dropping. I saw/heard one of the explosions 5 minutes ago in real time.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-18 at 04:17 AM.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

Looks surgical to me. "Innocent people of Gaza, please stay away from Hamas militants. Be sure you're not on the same block as anyone on our kill list, and you should live to attend your brother-in-law's funeral."

It doesn't change the fact that the modern usage of the word is wrong.
    This little semantics debate is so tired and ridiculous. Putting aside the fact that the meanings of words change over time, I would be very surprised if you could present any evidence of the phrase anti-Semitic being used in reference to Arabs, since the term itself was first coined in anti-Jewish pamphlets written by a German in the 19th century. A cursory look at any dictionary or encyclopedia will tell you that the term refers specifically to prejudice against Jews.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

it was israel that broke the ceasefire - they bombed and killed 40 plus people , women and children, and a rocket kills three I am supposed to feel bad for them?
    they are using state of the art warfare to bomb a people that have literally nothing, they should be ashamed

Missiles have hit Israeli soil. And besides, just because the majority of missiles coming into Israel get shot down, that doesn't mean it's okay. It's still an attack and should be met as such.

I'm pretty sure the Iron Dome stops around 60-70% of missiles entering Israel from Gaza. Even so, Israel HAVE to respond. Some people just don't learn their lesson until they're beaten and bloody. It's just a shame that in this case it's a governing body and they employ the tactics they do with storing missile sites near civilian areas. Civilian casualties are unavoidable in those circumstances.

What is Israel supposed to do? Just keep letting Gaza fire missiles without taking out the launch sites etc? That's just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Missiles have hit Israeli soil. And besides, just because the majority of missiles coming into Israel get shot down, that doesn't mean it's okay. It's still an attack and should be met as such.

I'm pretty sure the Iron Dome stops around 60-70% of missiles entering Israel from Gaza. Even so, Israel HAVE to respond. Some people just don't learn their lesson until they're beaten and bloody. It's just a shame that in this case it's a governing body and they employ the tactics they do with storing missile sites near civilian areas. Civilian casualties are unavoidable in those circumstances.

What is Israel supposed to do? Just keep letting Gaza fire missiles without taking out the launch sites etc? That's just absurd.
    they could give back the land they stole and return to europe and america.... then there would be no problems at all