Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iran, Jordan, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Egypt don't seem to be holding outdoor arms sales...
    Yes they do.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The point you have missed it. I never even mentioned Hamas, I only mentioned that you fail to recognise that there are innocent people on the other side of the fence too. Again you disgust me cubby as always.
    I think the leaders of Palestine are the ones who fail to see that there are innocents involved. They are the ones randomly attacking civilians, and then hiding behind their own people when Israel fights back. Those are the people who should disgust you, my friend (but thanks for the continued personal attacks, rather than using actual, salient arguments - demonstrating that you really have no point to make).

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... Both Israel and Hamas are "in the wrong," so to speak. Which one is "more" wrong depends on your point of view, also so to speak.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yes they do.
    Source? RICH source...

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think the leaders of Palestine are the ones who fail to see that there are innocents involved. They are the ones randomly attacking civilians, and then hiding behind their own people when Israel fights back. Those are the people who should disgust you, my friend (but thanks for the continued personal attacks, rather than using actual, salient arguments - demonstrating that you really have no point to make).
    I have always hated Hamas for using innocents in their plots and yes they do disgust me. I've never said otherwise but you continuously failed to recognise that they're are people other than Hamas in Palestine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This just smells fishy. It seems like this all might have been just to test their new defense system.

Either way, what do you expect Palestinians to do? They've effectively been wiped off the map and have blockades stopping rations/aid to come to them. Firing rockets seems to be their last and only resort against growing settlements.
    The rockets don’t seem to be doing anything. It’s like throwing a rock at a tank that you know will retaliate. If they want to die for nothing I don’t really care but they’re doing it within civilian areas. They’re not fighting back; they’re just prolonging the destruction. They can’t fight back militarily; one would think they would stop giving Israel cover in order to speed up a diplomatic solution.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    On the other hand, Israel has not been doing their part in making peace. The blockade that has been strangling the Palestinians for years, the assassinations that have been going on that started the roll for this current round of violence. I think your, albeit excellent point, applies to both sides, not just Hamas. Israel, in terms of a land issue, would not want them to be a nation. From a joint-state idea, would you want some guys that you used to want out partnering with you in government matters?

This issue is larger than what we see, sadly. I do not think that a solution is simple.
    I definitely agree, the larger issues are immensely complicated and have no simple solution. And it definitely applies to both sides. On a side note, I definitely wouldn't want to have some guys that were lobbing rockets at random civilians being partners in government with me (if I was Israel).

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:55 PM ----------

I have always hated Hamas for using innocents in their plots and yes they do disgust me. I've never said otherwise but you continuously failed to recognise that they're are people other than Hamas in Palestine.
    You really ought to read posts before making personal attacks on people, it degrades the level of debate and adds nothing but negativity to the forum. Try rereading (or reading the for the first time) my last few posts, and you can see where I've specifically pointed out the civilian issue on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Agree with this woman.

Israli are stealing homes from palistine and need to stop the occupation.

Israli even kill other Israli for not being jewish enough by blood or paper.

Israli only roads, if we had white only roads in NA ppl would riot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    So Israel = Saddam, and Palestinians = Kurds right?
    No Israel = Zionist Jews, And Palistine are The Arabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really ought to read posts before making personal attacks on people, it degrades the level of debate and adds nothing but negativity to the forum. Try rereading (or reading the for the first time) my last few posts, and you can see where I've specifically pointed out the civilian issue on both sides.
    "They could try not electing terrorists and killing random civilians. Blockades are only happening because they won't let the ships be inspected for weapons, and are really being used for political purposes, rather than aid. Israel provides aid to Palestine, fyi." ~ cubby.
    Who are "they"?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    "They could try not electing terrorists and killing random civilians. Blockades are only happening because they won't let the ships be inspected for weapons, and are really being used for political purposes, rather than aid. Israel provides aid to Palestine, fyi." ~ cubby.
    Who are "they"?
    Don't you know? Don't you understand what's going on over there? I thought you at least had a general grasp of the issues. Maybe I assumed too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could try not electing terrorists and killing random civilians. Blockades are only happening because they won't let the ships be inspected for weapons, and are really being used for political purposes, rather than aid. Israel provides aid to Palestine, fyi.
    You do realize that Hamas gained power by two methods, right? First, they were formed based on the desire to fight back against Israel and its crimes, no matter what methods they had to use. Their largest desirable trait is pointing at Israel and saying "These guys want to wipe out all of Palestine." So really, when Israel attacks civilians in an attempt to force them away from Hamas, it just pushes them closer because it shows that Hamas was right. Its a twisted form of propaganda, yes, but when you've been marginalized by a superior military force for a few decades twisted logic tends to be an effective tactic. Second, they gained power by either absorbing or removing anyone else who was politically competent. They stay in power by preventing the opposition from being able to oppose them, making them the only effective leaders in the country.

Don't you know? Don't you understand what's going on over there? I thought you at least had a general grasp of the issues. Maybe I assumed too much.
    Lets not get too personal here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jews and Arabs are both Semitic.

They are all from the same area.

Pre-Islam, there were a lot more Christian Arabs and even Jewish Arabs.

Both have the right to live there, they are 'cousins' if not 'brothers'.

The current (post-Ottoman) situation is purely about power and control of resources, like any conflict - with a veil of nationalism and religious tension thrown into the mix (and, do not forget ever: Christians, Muslims and members of Judaism ALL worship the same God).

So, please remember - this conflict is about power, control and resources.

Both sides do wrong, I abhorr the slaughter of civillians but in my personal belief, the Israeli Government need to wake up and smell the coffee - they just cannot sustain their current position even up to the centennary of it's foundation.

If you disagree, then that's your opinion. I can respect that. Just do not spit venom at me and start calling me names.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do but I believe that you're the one who doesn't.

EDIT: Thanks Kasierith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    SO thats what they mean when they speak of Zionism...Okay. I thank you for that insight.

That explains the actions of Israel a little bit.
    Nah, zionism was originally the belief that a Jewish state should be formed in then-Palestine, now-Israel.

I think the leaders of Palestine are the ones who fail to see that there are innocents involved. They are the ones randomly attacking civilians, and then hiding behind their own people when Israel fights back.
    That's all very true. However, them being worthless pieces of shit doesn't mean Israel shouldn't be responsible and recognize there are innocent civilians on the other side of the fence a bit more.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    You do realize that Hamas gained power by two methods, right? First, they were formed based on the desire to fight back against Israel and its crimes, no matter what methods they had to use. Their largest desirable trait is pointing at Israel and saying "These guys want to wipe out all of Palestine." So really, when Israel attacks civilians in an attempt to force them away from Hamas, it just pushes them closer because it shows that Hamas was right. Its a twisted form of propaganda, yes, but when you've been marginalized by a superior military force for a few decades twisted logic tends to be an effective tactic. Second, they gained power by either absorbing or removing anyone else who was politically competent. They stay in power by preventing the opposition from being able to oppose them, making them the only effective leaders in the country.
    I do indeed, and I've pointed this out many times. But it's not any one's fault but the Palestinians for the mess their in with their elected government. Israel has wanted two-state talks for decades and Hamas can't come to the table, always finding a reason to avoid the bigger issues. Hamas randomly attacks civilians, then hides behind their own when the response comes back. It's a very twisted situation.

Lets not get too personal here.
    Excuse me, but I wasn't the one using personal attacks. So let's not accuse the wrong person here, shall we?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    That's all very true. However, them being worthless pieces of shit doesn't mean Israel shouldn't be responsible and recognize there are innocent civilians on the other side of the fence a bit more.
    Absolutely, but how many random attacks does Israel have to suffer before they can respond? Israel puts up with so much shit, almost on a daily basis, and then gets blamed with the coward "militants" (Hamas, not Palestinian civilians) hide behind civilians. Israel has an excellent military, but you can only be so accurate.

Again, is it wrong to want to be recognised as a nation? yes or no?

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 09:46 PM ----------

Your thinking of the USA here not Palestine. Not everyone has access to a gun.
    Haha, oh god. Are you seriously denying the easily available weapons in the Middle East? Please, what a joke. Just keep saying the Palestine people aren't at least responsible for the shit they've caused themselves with electing a terrorist organization to run the country and for letting them cause the current and possibly future mess that is about to rain down on them.

Am I saying Israel is 100% correct here? No, they have a right to protect themselves. Israel is not going to dissolve, it is here to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do indeed, and I've pointed this out many times. But it's not any one's fault but the Palestinians for the mess their in with their elected government. Israel has wanted two-state talks for decades and Hamas can't come to the table, always finding a reason to avoid the bigger issues. Hamas randomly attacks civilians, then hides behind their own when the response comes back. It's a very twisted situation.

Excuse me, but I wasn't the one using personal attacks. So let's not accuse the wrong person here, shall we?
    See, you're doing it again blaming the Palestinians for everything when it is clearly isn't that simple...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do but I believe that you're the one who doesn't.
    Lol, ok. I guess you can call me names and get away with it (even defended) but if I question your knowledge, I'm the bad guy. Super. I think you're now down to "no, he started it" - good luck with that in discussions, it doesn't fly here.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Israel remains aggressive towards Palestine, Hamas will remain in power. Israel has maintained a position of offering peace with one hand while stabbing with the other, and has focused on demands rather than compromises. Is this true in all situations? No. But it definitely speaks for the majority.

I don't have the time or patience to go back through the last few pages of a thread, ultimately, especially when from previous discussions I have a general view of how each person approaches the matter at hand. I saw an aggressive post and responded to that one, nothing more and nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I know what side I'm on and it aint Israels.
    1000 times this. people need to wake up. Israel is definately NOT the victim.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    As long as Israel remains aggressive towards Palestine, Hamas will remain in power. Israel has maintained a position of offering peace with one hand while stabbing with the other, and has focused on demands rather than compromises. Is this true in all situations? No. But it definitely speaks for the majority.
    So Israel should just keep taking the rockets up the ass, not defending themselves or preventing their civilians from being killed, until Hamas decides they want to negotiate? I don't think that will work.

I don't have the time or patience to go back through the last few pages of a thread, ultimately, especially when from previous discussions I have a general view of how each person approaches the matter at hand. I saw an aggressive post and responded to that one, nothing more and nothing less.
    Selective reading is selective reading, not going to say any more.