Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I got the impression that you were trying to justify what North was saying with the defense that larger payloads cause more damage.
    Justify ? Strange in that context I guess. Armed conflicts happen to cause casualties and the side with the bigger guns causing more seems rather logical to me. Of course in the end I wanted to indicate how hilarious I find those kind of comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    I dont really see it as nonsense considering I asked the question. I meant the recent turn of events that sparked the back and forth rocket firing. Not your personal opinion.
    It's not. It's historical fact why Hamas exists.

Yes, thats exactly the reason I find him to be the worst president in US history, has nothing to do with the fact he left 52 American citizens as hostages in Iran for 444 days... no... that cant be it at all.
    Oh. Thank God, I thought you were going to mention Madison and his 1812 war that killed tens of thousands for no reason but... no...
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Interesting interview with former USA president Jimmy Carter, talking about 'Apartheid' Israel's treatment of Palestinians. He say's that it's one of the worst deprivations of human rights that he has ever seen.
    I'm glad you're back to argument points that are anchored in some truth (no sarcasm),
    instead of trying to grasp at straws and manufacture outrage with that mad man that shot a child.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Yes, I agree with you, crocodile tears for those you pretend to support when you don't actually support them is disingenuous. Just like you don't truly support the Palestinians, you support Hamas and their using the Palestinians as political pawns against Israel, because if you TRULY cared about the Palestinians you'd be looking for ways to make Gaza more like the West Bank. You'd support the Palestinians by denouncing Hamas' use of them as human shields, you'd denounce the use of the tunnels for weapons, and you'd support their rights to freedom. But you aren't about any of that, you are about using them as pawns, just like Hamas does... isn't that right?

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post

Oh. Thank God, I thought you were going to mention Madison and his 1812 war that killed tens of thousands for no reason but... no...
    Carter, Wilson, and I'll leave you to wonder about the other one

What's that? Their refusal to recognize Israel's "right to exist?" Please explain that to me.

Furthermore, if Country A is firing rockets at Country B, they shouldn't complain about the backlash B gives to A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Yes, I agree with you, crocodile tears for those you pretend to support when you don't actually support them is disingenuous. Just like you don't truly support the Palestinians, you support Hamas and their using the Palestinians as political pawns against Israel, because if you TRULY cared about the Palestinians you'd be looking for ways to make Gaza more like the West Bank. You'd support the Palestinians by denouncing Hamas' use of them as human shields, you'd denounce the use of the tunnels for weapons, and you'd support their rights to freedom. But you aren't about any of that, you are about using them as pawns, just like Hamas does... isn't that right?
    Nice framing in a sadistically pro-Israeli context rather than actually respecting them as people.

Carter, Wilson, and I'll leave you to wonder about the other one
    I don't really care. You think Presidents that have issued orders that have killed tens or hundreds of thousands of people are fine but Carter - goddamn mean-nothing Carter - is up there as a "bad President."

What's that? Their refusal to recognize Israel's "right to exist?" Please explain that to me.
    Should they? It wasn't exactly formed legally now, was it?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Didn't I see news reports of people cheering in the streets on both sides the other night as a ceasefire was announced?

Why the ding dang doodly buggeration are people still at each other's throats? Can't we be happy people decided that it was time to silence the guns, even if only for a respite and that a child in at least one part of the country isn't going to wake up tomorrow morning to his or her wall blown out, missing one or more limbs and half their family just gone overnight?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Nice framing in a sadistically pro-Israeli context rather than actually respecting them as people.

I don't really care. You think Presidents that have issued orders that have killed tens or hundreds of thousands of people are fine but Carter - goddamn mean-nothing Carter - is up there as a "bad President."

You talk about respecting 'them as people.' Where's your respect for people in Israel? That's an established country. It's starting to sound like your beliefs are in line with those that want to wipe Israel off the map...namely Hamas.

Besides, only those who fire should be ready to be fired upon. Deaths are the unfortunate side effect.
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Defending themselves from an inspection? By viciously attacking soldiers who are performing the inspection? Interesting.
    If i sail to Britain and my ship get boarded by swedish soldiers saying they were performing an inspection i would be a bit mad too..

You talk about respecting 'them as people.' Where's your respect for people in Israel? That's an established country. It's starting to sound like your beliefs are in line with those that want to wipe Israel off the map...namely Hamas.
    Questioning the legitimacy of a nation's creation is equal to wanting it destroyed?
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

You talk about respecting 'them as people.' Where's your respect for people in Israel?
    Again, and I will reiterate, criminals do not deserve the respect of law-abiding citizens. That's the doorway to fascism.

That's an established country. It's starting to sound like your beliefs are in line with those that want to wipe Israel off the map...namely Hamas.
    Mindless ignorance and stupidity. I have never, in this thread, any other threads, or anywhere else, ever advocated the "removal" of Israel. There's no moral significance to anyone who wants any group of people "removed," or "eliminated" or any other wanky phrasing defining ethnic cleansing. I merely want Israel to pay reparations for the land they stole and give back other land they stole, so Palestine can flourish like it did before Israel existed.

Besides, only those who fire should be ready to be fired upon. Deaths are the unfortunate side effect.
    Criminals cannot defend themselves legitimately in acts of self-defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:41 PM ----------

Oh so I support Hamas now? Got any actual evidence to back up that wild claim?

I support the people of Palestine, in their struggle against the tyranny and oppression of the Israeli government.

This does not mean that I am pro-Hamas, what they're doing is also wrong, but is it the normal civilians of Gaza's fault for the actions of a terrorist minority? Don't give me the usual shit that everyone says, like "Oh they could just throw Hamas out", because lets be honest, that's not possible.

Wasn't it Israel that actually started this conflict by assasinating one of Hamas' leaders? At least that's what was being reported here in the uk iirc. It's obvious that retaliation would follow, from hamas, so why would Israel do something this reckless?
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

Pure gold. Haha.

Infracted: Please don't post only to ridicule other posters' opinions.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-23 at 02:56 PM.

Again, and I will reiterate, criminals do not deserve the respect of law-abiding citizens. That's the doorway to fascism.

Mindless ignorance and stupidity. I have never, in this thread, any other threads, or anywhere else, ever advocated the "removal" of Israel. I merely want Israel to pay reparations for the land they stole and give back other land they stole, so Palestine can flourish like it did before Israel existed.

Criminals cannot defend themselves legitimately in acts of self-defence.

And where did I say you felt that way? Hmm? I said it 'sounds like,' nowhere did I say 'it is what you believe' now did I? Pardon me, but your misinterpretations could be registered as 'mindless ignorance and stupidity.'

That is an age old war that is probably going to continue past our existence, because of an act that happened long ago you condemn the entire country as criminals. How would you know Palestine would flourish if they had that piece of land? Is there gold buried there? Or do you mean that on the basis of religion, believing that somehow if they had that piece of land, everything gets better?
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Here is the types of people Israel is dealing with. This is sick no matter what the situation.

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY GRAPHIC PICTURES -
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tomorrow.html

How do you negotiate with people who ENJOY dragging bodies behind a motorcycle. There is something wrong with people like this, and unfortunately they are the ones running the show. Look at the joy on a lot of their faces, sick!
    How would you feel towards the ppl who took your country from you and put you and your families in camps and treat you like dirt "cuz hey God said we could have this land 3k years ago. dont believe us? read this book we wrote, its gods word".

And where did I say you felt that way? Hmm? I said it 'sounds like,' nowhere did I say 'it is what you believe' now did I? Pardon me, but your misinterpretations could be registered as 'mindless ignorance and stupidity.'

That is an age old war that is probably going to continue past our existence, because of an act that happened long ago you condemn the entire country as criminals. How would you know Palestine would flourish if they had that piece of land? Is there gold buried there? Or do you mean that on the basis of religion, believing that somehow if they had that piece of land, everything gets better?
    Don't use fluffy language if you want people to respect your opinions then, Mr "sounds like." It's not a game of charades.

I don't know if Palestine would flourish. I do know they were never given a chance to. It's why I condemn murderers for murder. It's inhumane to remove any chance from any group of people over the things they inherently own, be it land, life, or liberty.

my issues with Carter are strictly on a PERSONAL level.

and I refuse to argue with you on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunzium View Post
    How would you feel towards the ppl who took your country from you and put you and your families in camps and treat you like dirt "cuz hey God said we could have this land 3k years ago. dont believe us? read this book we wrote, its gods word".
    And alot of this happened before any of these people were born. They are using that as an excuse to fire rockets, then get pissed off when rockets are fired back.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

And alot of this happened before any of these people were born. They are using that as an excuse to fire rockets, then get pissed off when rockets are fired back.
    The Israelis killed off a whooole bunch of the older generation so technically that's true; if you kill them all, they have less argument.

my issues with Carter are strictly on a PERSONAL level.

and I refuse to argue with you on anything.
    Bye then!

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    Your actually going to side with the fucking animals who want to see Isreal wiped off the map and demonstrated their "civility" by dragging a guy through the streets till he was a bloody pulp. You are either an out and out anti-semite, insane, or both. I support Isreal 100% and stand with them completely.
    Yes, yes i would. Not anti-semite (and PLEASE stop throwing those accusations around, it just says you're out of arguments) but anti-israel.