Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    So many countries out there doing atrocities on their people and neighboring countries, but is only when a Jew throws a stone that the whole world goes tits over head.
    Which is why the Security Council does things like condemnations (which even if they're the equivalent of saying"bad country, bad!" have a definite effect on economic relations), and even direct military interventions. Just two days ago there was a condemnation of rebels in the Congo, the first step towards active international intervention. While Israel's actions go officially unrecognized due to US veto power. I don't know where you get this inherently foolish notion that everyone blames them for being Jewish, when the exact opposite seems to be true.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    can anyone run some numbers on that one? how many civilians have Hamas killed in the last 10 years? how many civilians have the IDF and settlers killed? Israel keeps taking the morale high ground re civillians but I dont think it stands up to any real scrutiny. lets ask the family of the little girl they shot and murdered or the family of the man at the fence today even. israel complains the palestinians hate them, is it any wonder? if you dont want hate try showing some restraint instead of righteous swagger.
    no numbers, no facts just israeli myth and propoganda. predictable I guess given thats their tenuous claim on the land they stole in the first place, myths and propoganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    I think that people forget that America was founded by terrorist action. But because it was succesful, we call it a revolution. The difference between terrorism and revolution, is that a revolution is succesful terrorism.
    Well, it was certainly founded on asymmetrical warfare. I'm not aware of any colonials targeting British civilians in a vain attempt to get King George to capitulate, though. Arguably, you could say that the primary act of terror which resulted in the founding of America was, in fact, committed by British soldiers against colonials. Revolutionaries didn't have much political traction until after the Boston massacre.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. It's amazing how much of reality people who attack Israel ignore, instead siding with propaganda and terrorists
    The only difference between "Terrorist" and "Freedom Fighter" these days boils down to religion. Jewish? Freedom Fighter. Muslim? Terrorist. It's complete bullshit, and speaking of propaganda, the Jews LOVE to distribute it. So how is your propaganda any more righteous than another groups? Because of your personal beliefs? That makes you part of the problem, rather than the solution.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2012-11-23 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Besides that, the state of Israel proclaimed its independence, and was attacked from all directions, which was funny, since the only reason they were attacked was for being Jewish. And yet everyone says this conflict has nothing to do with religion. Both sides are unwilling to part with Jerusalem, a holy city... And still people deny this having anything to do with religion. Funny, how political correctness fails to hide racism.
    Or maybe Israel was attacked because the surrounding Arab countries didn't feel comfortable knowing a state is being founded on the land of their fellow Arabs, who didn't agree to anything of the sort. And it might have something to do with the then-security council forces applying "might makes right" to something as serious as, well, the founding of Israel.

So many countries out there doing atrocities on their people and neighboring countries, but is only when a Jew throws a stone that the whole world goes tits over head.
    Yeah, your "everyone hates the Jews" argument is surely going to work if you repeat it often enough.

The whole world "goes tits over head" when the US and Israel do specific things that Western nations aren't supposed to do. And, you know, the world goes mad over it because it's not expected from such nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    ...It's complete bullshit, and speaking of propaganda, the Jews LOVE to distribute it. ...
    Can you tell me more about the Jews?
    Feel free to describe any other groups as well, I'd like to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    The only difference between "Terrorist" and "Freedom Fighter" these days boils down to religion. Jewish? Freedom Fighter. Muslim? Terrorist. It's complete bullshit, and speaking of propaganda, the Jews LOVE to distribute it. So how is your propaganda any more righteous than another groups? Because of your personal beliefs? That makes you part of the problem, rather than the solution.
    Coming from someone who feels that the blame rests on Israel, as well as the responsibility for fixing the situation... Hamas' power rests entirely on propaganda and influencing the mentality of the people. While it is true that Israelis, like any other sane nation, tend to be self interested in their perception of events, in terms of spreading propaganda Hamas is far more culpable.

Also, lets get one thing straight. There's a difference between the Israeli government and the Jews as a culture/nation/people. Saying its because of "the Jews" is inherently racist.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Or maybe Israel was attacked because the surrounding Arab countries didn't feel comfortable knowing a state is being founded on the land of their fellow Arabs, who didn't agree to anything of the sort. And it might have something to do with the then-security council forces applying "might makes right" to something as serious as, well, the founding of Israel.
    While I can't be sure for obvious reasons, I'm fairly certain that they couldn't give two shits about the Arabs who were living in the area, as evident from their treatment of Palestinians since then (Black September etc.), and the fact that no matter how vehement those countries are in their defense of Palestinians, not a single one will even consider giving them a citizenship. Having Israel take the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in the Six Day War was probably one of the greatest reliefs Egypt and Jordan (respectively) have ever experienced (as evident from their utter refusal of taking those territories back when Israel offered them).

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    You're trying to make it sound like anyone that talks negatively of Israel is anti-Semitic. If that is what your argument boils down to, then I think we're done here.
    I'm trying to simply state that political correctness doesn't always hide racism, as hard the user tries.
    Not anyone who talks negatively of Israel is anti-semitic, no. But those who spread the propaganda to plant those seeds of hatred into the weaker minds of those who are easily convinced, certainly are.

Like it or not, every time you condemn an Israeli action against Hamas, you're supporting terrorism. You know who else condemns it? Al Qaeda. That is how you end up having dinner with murderers, and being even worse than those you judge. (Not you specifically, Slammin, but people in general)

The Lightbringer
    I'm trying to simply state that political correctness doesn't always hide racism, as hard the user tries.
    Not anyone who talks negatively of Israel is anti-semitic, no. But those who spread the propaganda to plant those seeds of hatred into the weaker minds of those who are easily convinced, certainly are.

Like it or not, every time you condemn an Israeli action against Hamas, you're supporting terrorism. You know who else condemns it? Al Qaeda. That is how you end up having dinner with murderers, and being even worse than those you judge. (Not you specifically, Slammin, but people in general)
    More Palestinians have been killed by Israeli-Western missiles, bullets, tanks, and explosions than by the Iran-smuggled 35 year old pathetic weapons cache of the Palestinians. There is no contest, Palestine, Iran, Lebanon, and Syria could be single-handedly wiped off the map by Israel before we could even know.

so disagree with you, dare to criticise Israel killing children, shooting little girls and we are supporting Al Qaeda? really you should be ashamed.

And yet between '48 and '67 not a single good-faith effort was made by the Egyptian or Jordanian governments to give independance to the people living in those lands. The Arab states don't want to see an independent Palestine unless it means the removal of Israel's existence.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Yeah, your "everyone hates the Jews" argument is surely going to work if you repeat it often enough.

The whole world "goes tits over head" when the US and Israel do specific things that Western nations aren't supposed to do. And, you know, the world goes mad over it because it's not expected from such nations.
    Yeah, I didn't see any outrage out there when Sudan started murdering their own people. But if an American soldier accidentally shoots a dog in Iraq, he might be summoned to the Hag. If you can't see the cynicism in it, too bad.

Let me just fix your first statement a bit: "Or maybe Israel was attacked because the surrounding Arab countries didn't feel comfortable knowing a JEWISH state is being founded on the land of their fellow Arabs"
    Because I surely don't remember anyone attacking Jordan when it was founded on the land of fellow arabs in 1946.

So, how can you then state it has nothing to do with Israel being Jewish?

All in all, Palestinians, as everyone wishes to call them, weren't only located in what is today Israel, but also in Jordan, right?
    How many Palestinians has Israel "killed" since 1948? Less than Jordan killed during the events of Black September. Yet I don't see any outrage over it.
    When "arabs" kill "arabs", everything is silent and business as usual (As an Arab, I know enough about it)
    But when a "jew" kills an "arab", or an "arab" kills a "jew", tables start flippin'.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 11:13 PM ----------

so disagree with you, dare to criticise Israel killing children, shooting little girls and we are supporting Al Qaeda? really you should be ashamed.
    I am not ashamed. Because when people support terrorism, it could mean my life.
    I am not ashamed because I simply want to live, and I don't feel like having some brainwashed European convert blowing up on my doorstep.

you create terrorism by your own actions. when the IDF killed that little girl how many terrorists do you think were created. when you bulldoze someones house and dispossess 5 generations of a family do you really think youre winning hearts and minds? how about taking some responsibility for your own actions instead of always blaming everyone else. Hamas exists because of Israeli actions no one elses.
    Last edited by soulcrusher; 2012-11-23 at 09:24 PM.

you create terrorism by your own actions. when the IDF killed that little girl how many terrorists do you think were created. when you bulldoze someones house and dispossess 5 generations of a family do you really think youre winning hearts and minds? how about taking some responsibility for your own actions instead of always blaming everyone else. Hamas exists because of Israeli actions no one elses.
    and why do you think someone wants to hear the truth ? they will just throw stones on you now.

you create terrorism by your own actions. when the IDF killed that little girl how many terrorists do you think were created. when you bulldoze someones house and dispossess 5 generations of a family do you really think youre winning hearts and minds? how about taking some responsibility for your own actions instead of always blaming everyone else. Al Qaeda and Hamas exist because of Israeli actions no one elses.
    That would be like saying water exists solely to put out fire.
    All things bring bad and good results. Sadly, coming from the average muslim family, in an arab town, I know hating Jews was popular before Israel was founded, so the propaganda skips over me. If the hate was solely towards Israel, they wouldn't attack only Jews. They wouldn't attack Jewish communities OUTSIDE of Israel. That would be comparable to the IDF randomly bombing mosques around Europe, right?

The hypocrisy and lies need to be dropped. Let them have the balls to say the truth, and finally be honest about it. Maybe then, when the problem is actually out there, rather than hidden behind political correctness, silly catch phrases and human shields, we may work it out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 11:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    and why do you think someone wants to hear the truth ? they will just throw stones on you now.
    Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Otherwise, we wouldn't have different religions either.

there you go again. its not our fault. poor us. how dare they hate us for killing their children, stealing their land and demolishing their homes and behaving so arrogantly. wise up, build bridges or it will end badly for you. stop believing your own propoganda.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-23 at 10:53 PM.

The Lightbringer
    That would be like saying water exists solely to put out fire.
    All things bring bad and good results. Sadly, coming from the average muslim family, in an arab town, I know hating Jews was popular before Israel was founded, so the propaganda skips over me. If the hate was solely towards Israel, they wouldn't attack only Jews. They wouldn't attack Jewish communities OUTSIDE of Israel. That would be comparable to the IDF randomly bombing mosques around Europe, right?

The hypocrisy and lies need to be dropped. Let them have the balls to say the truth, and finally be honest about it. Maybe then, when the problem is actually out there, rather than hidden behind political correctness, silly catch phrases and human shields, we may work it out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 11:27 PM ----------

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Otherwise, we wouldn't have different religions either.
    Human shields and Palestinian civilian casualties are the product of them literally being trapped inside the Gaza Strip. Too poor to move due to the economic sanctions and naval blockades, it pushes them into fundamentalist Islamic sects. Their "weapons" are decades older, as are their personal firearms. There are reports of them shooting rockets into Israel without ANY explosive device inside the missiles, because lo and behold they don't have any weapons. Israel owns the middle east. Within in hours they could annihilate millions of Palestinians, Iranians, Syrians, and Lebanese people. They have covert operations in all of those countries since the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Human shields and Palestinian civilian casualties are the product of them literally being trapped inside the Gaza Strip. Too poor to move due to the economic sanctions and naval blockades, it pushes them into fundamentalist Islamic sects. Their "weapons" are decades older, as are their personal firearms. There are reports of them shooting rockets into Israel without ANY explosive device inside the missiles, because lo and behold they don't have any weapons. Israel owns the middle east. Within in hours they could annihilate millions of Palestinians, Iranians, Syrians, and Lebanese people. They have covert operations in all of those countries since the 70's.
    The power to do something doesn't inherently mean the power will be used.
    I've said it before, Israel provides the Gaza strip with food, water, electricity and medical aid. They have provided those for a long time.
    People miss the difference between ability and intention. Just because Israel has the ability to utterly destroy the Gaza strip, it doesn't mean they have the intention. And just because Hamas (amongst others...) has the intention to destroy Israel, they don't have the ability. Yet, instead of recognizing their lack of ability to fulfill their intentions and choosing more peaceful ways, they keep slamming their heads against a wall, hoping that manipulation of weak-minded humans will be enough to provide for means to fulfill their intentions.

If peace was the result they wanted, we would've had it ages ago.

The Lightbringer
    The power to do something doesn't inherently mean the power will be used.
    I've said it before, Israel provides the Gaza strip with food, water, electricity and medical aid. They have provided those for a long time.
    People miss the difference between ability and intention. Just because Israel has the ability to utterly destroy the Gaza strip, it doesn't mean they have the intention. And just because Hamas (amongst others...) has the intention to destroy Israel, they don't have the ability. Yet, instead of recognizing their lack of ability to fulfill their intentions and choosing more peaceful ways, they keep slamming their heads against a wall, hoping that manipulation of weak-minded humans will be enough to provide for means to fulfill their intentions.

If peace was the result they wanted, we would've had it ages ago.
    No, Israel wants incremental settling of Palestinian lands. Yes the humanitarian efforts of the Israeli's coming to the aid of the Gaza Strip is nothing more than a PR stunk to increase fervor to fundamentalists in the west. Israel has a plan, and it has nothing to do with peace. Palestinians, on the other hand have nothing, no intent, no ability. They are trapped.