Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Oh, yeah, sure, Iran, Syria and Pakistan (who already have nukes, mind you) would love nothing more than to use their nukes and in return assure they themselves are getting nuked. If any of those countries nuked anyone, it would be identical to detonating the same nukes in their own countries.

About Israel not wanting to wiping another race off the map, well, you're just wrong because Israeli politicians have already said they'd like to destroy the Palestinians. Sure, they're extremists. That only means, though, that Iran, Syria and Pakistan have more extremists.

Also, no politician (including the Iranian president) from those 3 countries has ever said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. I love how you're basing your entire argument on an American media (which is hugely biased and non-objective) report where the Iranian president supposedly said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map, which was actually later established to have been a mistranslation.

Except we aren't living in mid-20th century, or are we? What's the point of that post anyways? What the hell does Nazi Germany have to do with the current Gaza situation?
    Do you have proof that Iran has nuclear weapons? I'm sure the IAEA would like to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Do you have proof that Iran has nuclear weapons? I'm sure the IAEA would like to hear from you.
    The wording is a bit off but he only meant that Pakistan have nukes not the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    What happened to Germany afterwards?

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:29 AM ----------

You know that during the dark ages which happen to be in your "past 2000 years", the Middle East was the "Roman Empire" of that era right?
    Again, I hope that whole desert gets turned into glass. The Middle East birthed religion, the #1 cause of more unnatural deaths than anything else in history. I don't care about that part of the world, nor it's people. All they are good for is oil

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-25 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hamas did not kill their own children. Israelis did.
    BULLSHIT... a large percentage of the Hamas rockets never fucking leave Gaza... they blow up and kill Palestinians... in fact... Hamas has killed or injured more Palestinians this time than they have killed or injured Israelis.

Think I'm wrong, check it out yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    When the bear (israel in your analogy) constantly kills Palestinians by bulldozing them in their homes to make settlements, the rather oblivious and underarmed person is going to use whatever is in his disposal to get the attention of the bear to stop doing that thing.

I butchered that analogy but my point makes sense lol.
    You DID butcher that analogy, and you butchered the truth, but thats okay.... So your solution is continue poking the bear with the stick to get him to stop clawing the shit out of you for, yes, you guessed it, pokiing him with the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Wait up now...

Let's get this in perspective my friend.
    Hamas fires rockets from residential areas. That we won't argue for now.
    Hamas is a terror organization. That we won't argue for now.
    Firing those rockets into Israel is a Terror act. That we won't argue for now.

So, you saying that the solution of fighting a terror attack is to blindfolded firing back into the residential area is the way to fight terror?
    You must be out of your mind then.
    The way you fight terror is by eliminating it with pin point accuracy and intelligence.
    The best way to eliminate terror cells is from within. Infiltration to the point where you can take out the danger without any or extremely little civilian casualties.
    How do you think the USA takes out one Al Qaeda leader or key member after another, without causing any noticeable casualties.
    Al Qaedas entire elite leadership is completely destroyed/eliminated. It's not an accident when in all of a sudden a US drone hits a jeep somewhere on some remote road. It's intelligence that finds out where and when to strike with deadly accuracy and without harming the population.
    Firing into a dense populated area is the sure path to injuring or even killing innocent people.
    As to the Hamas being a terror organization, that's another topic. I don't really know to what extent that is the case.
    Examples in the recent past shown, that such label is given out easily and not seldom just too fast.
    Northern Ireland says hi! Or to even remain in the very region..... the PLO says hi.. The PLO was labeled a Terror Organization. Still it's leader Arafat managed to get a Peace Nobel Price. A minority fighting a majority on their own grounds and terms of violence in return, does not make them terrorists.

You can argue, and I agree with it, that throwing rockets into Israel is an act of terror, since it's aimed into residential areas. But for the same reeasons I agree with you I also evaluate the other side, and the same counts for Israel. Firing rockets into residential areas is an act of terror.

You have proper defense to keep the rockets from causing harm (Iron Dome). You have intelligence (Mossat) which is capable to find out more humane ways to weaken or disable the terror acts against you.
    And I say the same to the Israeli, that also applies to the Americans.
    The reason why others hate you, or dislike you is not because of the others just want to hate you (we can disregard extremists here). It's because of your own actions. You lay in the bed you make for yourself. Start treating the people with respect and show humanity, and you will see how fast there will be peace.
    The numbers of haters will diminish. The number of supporters will increase. Refrain from violence and people start to like you.
    The population has no reason to support and harbor terror cells, if they know that the terror cells are rather extremists who have no reason whatsoever and their claims are wrong. Their support will crumble.

We are dealing with the stupid question what was there first. The chicken or the egg..
    Who shot first, who is more evil. Stop defending violence, period.

Hamas did not kill their own children. Israelis did.
    Blaming it on Hamas is bullshit. Blame them for what ever happens to Israelis in Israel. And blame Israel for what happens in Gaza.
    Blame both that their people cannot live in peace and rather in fear for their lives.
    What is the alternative? Let Hamas keep firing rockets at Israeli citizens?

Israel has expressed countless times that it is sad that civilians die as a result from Hamas cowardliness in hiding rockets in civilian areas, but they can't just leave them to do it forever.

Hamas is the one killing civilians... Palestinian and Israeli.

If I claimed to own a nuclear weapon capable of launch with a travel distance of 2000 miles and I had it prepared to launch on a decommissioned navy ship I'd bought and had already fired missiles at a nation... and my family, innocents were on board... Whose fault will it be when they end up killed? The person that bombed me? Or me for putting my family or the weapons near one another? It would be my fault. Cause and effect.
    Last edited by Palmatum; 2012-11-25 at 02:15 AM.

Israel has expressed countless times that it is sad that civilians die as a result from Hamas cowardliness in hiding rockets in civilian areas, but they can't just leave them to do it forever.

Hamas is the one killing civilians... Palestinian and Israeli.

If I claimed to own a nuclear weapon capable of launch with a travel distance of 2000 miles and I had it prepared to launch on a decommissioned navy ship I'd bought and had already fired missiles at a nation... and my family, innocents were on board... Whose fault will it be when they end up killed? The person that bombed me? Or me for putting my family or the weapons near one another? It would be my fault. Cause and effect.

You're forgetting that Hamas's rockets don't count because their aim is so shitty and Iron Dome so effective
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    You're forgetting that Hamas's rockets don't count because their aim is so shitty and Iron Dome so effective
    if they are so ineffective then whats the point in launching them? hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Oh, so that makes it okay then?

So if you were walking to the store and had a bulletproof vest on and someone shot you for no reason, it's all fine and dandy because the vest stopped it, no questions asked?

How incredibly idiotic.

As for the effectiveness of the Iron Dome, it isn't as effective as you may thing. It targets rockets that fall over major civilian areas as priority, some it just doesn't bother with at all. So there are still rockets falling on Israeli soil and still people getting killed and their lives traumatized, but I guess that's fine, we'll just leave Hamas to carry on because God forbid Israel retaliates and consequently kills civilians because Hamas hide their rockets behind civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    if they are so ineffective then whats the point in launching them? hmm?
    Terrorism isn't about body counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Terrorism isn't about body counts.
    Good point, its about terrorizing folk.

Oh, so that makes it okay then?

So if you were walking to the store and had a bulletproof vest on and someone shot you for no reason, it's all fine and dandy because the vest stopped it, no questions asked?

How incredibly idiotic.

As for the effectiveness of the Iron Dome, it isn't as effective as you may thing. It targets rockets that fall over major civilian areas as priority, some it just doesn't bother with at all. So there are still rockets falling on Israeli soil and still people getting killed and their lives traumatized, but I guess that's fine, we'll just leave Hamas to carry on because God forbid Israel retaliates and consequently kills civilians because Hamas hide their rockets behind civilians.
    I'm positive mistuhbull was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I'm positive mistuhbull was being sarcastic.
    It's becoming increasingly difficult to discern between sarcasm and idiocy these days.

You know that during the dark ages which happen to be in your "past 2000 years", the Middle East was the "Roman Empire" of that era right?
    What was the cause of that I wonder? Oh right, stolen scriptures and books from the EUROPEAN libraries in Damascus.

Infracted: Please don't derail the thread with posts that don't bring anything to do the discussion but bickering.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-25 at 01:07 PM.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to discern between sarcasm and idiocy these days.
    What about when it's sarcasm about idiocy (as mituhbull's comment was)? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    What was the cause of that I wonder? Oh right, stolen scriptures and books from the EUROPEAN libraries in Damascus.
    Do you not have any grasp of history or are you being dump on purpose?

Hamas and other Palestinian terror organizations will keep fighting Israel for as long as the Palestinian nation remains locked up in refugee camps and subjected to periodic bombing "to the Middle Ages" by the Israelis. Israel is causing yet another generation to radicalize every time it bombs Gaza. It's clear by now that Israel is incapable of solving this conflict in a humane, intelligent way, and the international community must start looking at other alternatives.

It's hard to take people seriously when they make such idiotic claims. Israel has a choice not to use heavy weaponry inside the densely populated Gaza. It's their, and only their, fault when Palestinian civilians, women and children, die as a result. Just like it's Hamas' and only Hamas' fault when their rockets kill or ("cause stress to") Israelis.
    Last edited by Martoshi; 2012-11-25 at 02:01 PM.

getting the hell out of a place that is not even of the isreal ppl is a good solution

Quote Originally Posted by Martoshi View Post
    It's clear by now that Israel is incapable of solving this conflict in a humane, intelligent way, and the international community must start looking at other alternatives.
    Who is this "international community" you talking about? The UN?

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Who is this "international community" you talking about? The UN?
    The UN, and more specifically the Security Council.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The UN, and more specifically the Security Council.
    Yeah i heard Israelis shit themselves when the Security Coundil debates. The UN and the Security Council lol, what a farce.