Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Hey, if that's your philosophy, it's working extremely well for you!
    I can see you are just going to ignore everything that doesn't agree with your POV, so I'm done. Have a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I can see you are just going to ignore everything that doesn't agree with your POV, so I'm done. Have a good one.
    How rude and silly; you had no meaningful points and were patently wrong in every meaningful well and then you insult me. Classy move.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I mean, by looking at the media you'd think every single IDF soldier is a bloodthirsty maniac who only wants to eat Palestinian children (hint, we're not).
    Yeah, and this is all not real ...

"Every Jew who spills the blood of the godless (non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God." TALMUD: Bammidber raba c 21 & jalkut 772.

"A heretic Gentile you may kill outright with your own hands." TALMUD: Abodah Zara,
    "IT IS PERMITTED TO TAKE THE BODY AND LIFE OF A GENTILE." TALMUD: Sepher Ikkarim III c 25.
    "It is the law to kill anyone who denies the Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah." TALMUD: Coschen Hamischpat, Hagah 425.

Don't want to quote more than those, I think they are enough.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-16 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    Yeah, and this is all not real ...

"Every Jew who spills the blood of the godless (non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God." TALMUD: Bammidber raba c 21 & jalkut 772.

"A heretic Gentile you may kill outright with your own hands." TALMUD: Abodah Zara,
    "IT IS PERMITTED TO TAKE THE BODY AND LIFE OF A GENTILE." TALMUD: Sepher Ikkarim III c 25.
    "It is the law to kill anyone who denies the Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah." TALMUD: Coschen Hamischpat, Hagah 425.

Don't want to quote more than those, I think they are enough.
    All three Abrahamic religious 'paths' (Christianity, Jewish, Islam) have scripture that idolizes and promotes killing of other people/cultures. Are you trying to single out the Jewish religion as the only one that does this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dudes with beards angry at dudes with beards blow up dudes with beards. Dudes with beards subsequently become angry with dudes with beards for blowing up dudes with beards, so they blow up dudes with beards.

Also, something about grotty arid shitholes apparently being arbitrarily important to variant magic sky ghosts. Or something.

Have I missed anything?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

All three Abrahamic religious 'paths' (Christianity, Jewish, Islam) have scripture that idolizes and promotes killing of other people/cultures. Are you trying to single out the Jewish religion as the only one that does this?
    No not all three religious paths promote killing. Actually one of them forbids killing with no justice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    That would have made sense if the blockade started after hamas attacked Israel, however that isn't the case since the blockade started right after the election where Hamas won.

Israel has done nothing to promote any kind of peace since the mass immigration began after ww1. Even during peace talks Israel still builds on Palestinian lands and still removes Palestinians from their homes.

Will say it again not a single country (especially) Western countries would have accepted the forming of the State of Israel if the same thing happened in their own country. This entire situation for Palestinians has nothing to do with religion, they don't claim the land based on the Koran but they claim it based on the fact that they actually lived.
    There is no recognized state of palestine by Israel or most of the western world so they have no "their land". One day one of those homemade rockets is going to kill the wrong Israeli and Israel will finally make a nice big parking lot out of the area and end the attacks once and for all...personally i hope it's much sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    No not all three religious paths promote killing. Actually one of them forbids killing with no justice.
    All three are fine with and hold up as paragons people who killed 'unbelievers'.

Man this conflict has been going for so long... I wonder if they'd feel empty without it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Generally when a country wins a war, and takes land, it remains in possession of that land until someone wins a war against them and takes it back. Pretty much end of discussion. Palestinians clearly need to step up their game if they really care so much about their "homeland." Land isn't going to be handed back to them on a silver platter because a bunch of anti Israel brainwashed students majoring in political science back in the United States believe in their cause. The same applies to idiots attempting to run a military blockade by claiming to be on a "humanitarian mission."

All three Abrahamic religious 'paths' (Christianity, Jewish, Islam) have been twisted for political gain to idolize and promote killing of other people/cultures. Are you trying to single out the Jewish religion as the only one that does this?
    Fixed it for you. Stop spreading misinformation about Abrahamic religions. None of these ever supported genocide or cultural intolerance. people just believe whatever they see on the media and these are sad times when people find it hard to believe that religious philosophies were originally peaceful in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    All good and nice ideas. To do it the UN stole land from Palestine - these statistics of ownership are well-documented. Are you implying post Revolutionary War in the USA that nobody actually owned land and it was a bloodthirsty free-for-all?

Palestinians owned the land that was stolen from them. Not hard to grasp.
    Countries do not OWN land, they CONTROL it. Palestine obviously lost CONTROL of their land and now someone else controls it.

Quote Originally Posted by djtravitrav View Post
    Generally when a country wins a war, and takes land, it remains in possession of that land until someone wins a war against them and takes it back. Pretty much end of discussion. Palestinians clearly need to step up their game if they really care so much about their "homeland." Land isn't going to be handed back to them on a silver platter because a bunch of anti Israel brainwashed students majoring in political science back in the United States believe in their cause. The same applies to idiots attempting to run a military blockade by claiming to be on a "humanitarian mission."
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Fixed it for you. Stop spreading misinformation about Abrahamic religions. None of these ever supported genocide or cultural intolerance. people just believe whatever they see on the media and these are sad times when people find it hard to believe that religious philosophies were originally peaceful in nature.
    /Yawn. Genocide and Cultural Intolerance is written right into the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Torah.

/Yawn. Genocide and Cultural Intolerance is written right into the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Torah.
    You are entitled to your own false point of view. The scriptures and philosophies are full of examples of mercy, compassion and coexistence between people. The violence that people do these days (and peddle on the media) is a wrong representation of these creeds. You don't need to be Abrahamic to be genocidal anyway. Wake up, already.

Please do quote where did it support Genocide. Other wise spare us your words

You are entitled to your own false point of view. The scriptures and philosophies are full of examples of mercy, compassion and coexistence between people. The violence that people do these days (and peddle on the media) is a wrong representation of these creeds. You don't need to be Abrahamic to be genocidal anyway. Wake up, already.
    I didn't say you had to be Abrahamic to be genocidal. Which scriptures are we talking about here? Bible? Qur'an? Torah? I can cite you examples from each one of scriptures giving praises for individuals who destroy other societies just because they didn't believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: You're both right. (in that you both can collect evidence and scripture that support your perspective. Saying that there's no whiff of genocide or intolerance in the Bible only means you haven't read it.)

Justification for slavery and war for you, support for tolerance and enlightened attitudes toward the poor for you. Everyone's happy. Of course you don't have to be a member of one of the Abrahamic religions to consider your ingroup intrinsically superior to another, the chosen people, it was pretty damn important to humans thousands of years ago, and we haven't entirely grown out of it.

I didn't say you had to be Abrahamic to be genocidal. Which scriptures are we talking about here? Bible? Qur'an? Torah? I can cite you examples from each one of scriptures giving praises for individuals who destroy other societies just because they didn't believe.
    You clearly stated that these religions promoted genocide within their scriptures; my point is that genocidal doctrine is contra to these scriptures and that is how individuals twist these things. You also used the word 'written' and that is perhaps part of the reason why you may have this misconception. I am not really going to go into more details simply because such a discussion on religion is out of the scope of a forum like MMO-champion.

I am talking about all 3 scriptures here, in general. Just so you know, I don't want to spark up a full on argument on religion here. I would encourage you (and others) to do do more reading more on the matter of philosophy of different religions.

You clearly stated that these religions promoted genocide within their scriptures; my point is that genocidal doctrine is contra to these scriptures and that is how individuals twist these things. You also used the word 'written' and that is perhaps part of the reason why you may have this misconception. I am not really going to go into more details simply because such a discussion on religion is out of the scope of a forum like MMO-champion.

I am talking about all 3 scriptures here, in general. Just so you know, I don't want to spark up a full on argument on religion here. I would encourage you (and others) to do do more reading more on the matter of philosophy of different religions.
    I said that each one held up as a virtuous man someone who murdered and destroyed other peoples just because they didn't believe in the same god as them. I didn't say the overarching philosophy embraced genocide, nor do I think religion actually makes people genocidal.