Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    My question to people who are ranting about Israel killing innocent people. Do you know that 1 in 8 rockets fired land inside Gaza. Those rockets that land in Gaza often do damage and kill/wound innocent people? That Hamas claims those as a victim of an Israeli air strike.

How do you feel that the rockets Hamas launch have no general target just large populated areas. That Palestine wants Jerusalem back, yet they launch rockets at Jerusalem.

I'm just really curious as to your thoughts on these facts.
    Sources please.

Looks like Zhangfei got banned.
    How nice, i was going to recommend him a trip to Sderot.
    P.S.
    I wonder how long till ground operation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Looks like Zhangfei got banned.
    How nice, i was going to recommend him a trip to Sderot.
    P.S.
    I wonder how long till ground operation?
    We'll see a massive increase in air operations, because they're "neater". Then something will happen that will require not a ground "operation", but just that extra security forces are needed :P

Truthfully, the Palestinian people have to just outright reject the people using them as shields and political tools by the extremists and take back control. But, they won't and will probably just blame Israel for all their problems instead of fixing their own house and not the government that put them in that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Truthfully, the Palestinian people have to just outright reject the people using them as shields and political tools by the extremists and take back control. But, they won't and will probably just blame Israel for all their problems instead of fixing their own house and not the government that put them in that situation.
    Could you elaborate how? I don't think that taking out an organized armed group is as easy as you make it sound. Secondly, how do you know what the average Palestinian opinion about any of this is when they don't even have a proper way to express their opinions?

Deleted
    Page not found on half of them. Two from a Zionist website, a UN report that doesn't support the statistic and a general report on the situation.

Still nothing creditable that supports the idea that 1 in 8 rockets fired land inside Gaza and often damage/kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Could you elaborate how? I don't think that taking out an organized armed group is as easy as you make it sound. Secondly, how do you know what the average Palestinian opinion about any of this is when they don't even have a proper way to express their opinions?
    The Arab Spring proves that it's possible. In fact if Palestinian people wanted to be free of Hamas now would be the time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The Arab Spring proves that it's possible. In fact if Palestinian people wanted to be free of Hamas now would be the time to do it.
    The Palestinians are isolated unlike other countries which got "Arab Spring"ed to be able to do anything. The Egypt military sided with the people which made the transition possible. In Libya, an outside help was needed while Tunisia seems to be returning to square one. Moreover, it hasn't worked (yet) peacefully in Bahrain or with military in Syria regardless of the support of many countries in the region.

In addition to all of that, I don't see it happening because a. Hamas controls most of smuggled goods tunnels (including weaponry) and b. are unlikely going to be defeated without a fight. So, again how do you propose that the Palestinians tackle it without outside support out-gunned?

EDIT: Basically it isn't as easy as you make it sound to be.

Deleted
    Let it rain. Israel has the right to defend themselfes. Futhermore theres a reason for the attacks against Israel, some Un stuff about,

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Page not found on half of them. Two from a Zionist website, a UN report that doesn't support the statistic and a general report on the situation.

Still nothing creditable that supports the idea that 1 in 8 rockets fired land inside Gaza and often damage/kill people.
    I just opened all of them up. It doesn't matter the Zionist website when he links outside sources such as CNN, AP, and Reuters.

Obviously you didn't even read the offical Gaza report the amount of rockets they fired. It CLEARLY states the number rockets that don't make it from each city they launched from.

1 of the HMRs dropped short (31 Oct.) and hit a Palestinian house in Kherbet Al Adas, E of Rafah. A Pal. woman was lightly injured and the house sustained minor damage.
    1 HMR exploded at the launch site (29 Oct.) causing 1 Pal. op. injury.
    and this gem

North Gaza was the most active governorate with 94 incidents recorded during the reporting period. The majority of these were HMRs with 59 fired in total and 8 dropping short
    This is taken directly from Hamas.

In WWII, over 6 million Jews were murdered by the Nazis. In the aftermath of the war, most of the world showed compassion and acceptance toward the jews and most of the world supported the creation of a Jewish homeland. Personally, I have always admired the immense contribution of the Jewish people to science, arts, technology, medicine, pretty much all fields of discovery. It is a testament to the great ability of the Jewish folks that despite being one of the smallest group of people, they account for the most number of Nobel prizes awarded to any one race of people.

However in the recent months the following events have made me rethink how much I admire the Jewish people.
    During the US presidential campaign, the Jewish lobbyists and contributors backed Romney in great numbers only because Obama wants to allow for diplomacy with Iran while Israel (and arguably Romney) want military action. As it is Israel is wrong in it's position to not let Iran have nukes because let us face it, Israel has nukes and so do Pakistan and North Korea, why Iran should not be allowed to have them is hypocrisy at it's best. Even if one was to discount all this, it is still very petty to lobby for war when majority of Americans do not want US to be involved in any other wars and another war would pretty much finish off whatever is left of the US economy.

Recently the Hamas launched a multitude of rockets in Gaza and Israel responded, as any responsible nation should. However, the proportion of the response seems to far outweigh the Hamas action. Listening to some Israeli politicians and seeing how little they respect the lives of innocent people is just sad. What is even more sad is that the world just stands by and watches as Israel violates all basic human rights repeatedly. The western world has been sympathetic towards Israel because of what they went through during holocaust and rightly so, but how can one continue to support them in face of the extreme and ruthless amount of force Israel is using with no regard to civilian lives.

Israel sealed off Gaza and is now picking targets one by one and executing whoever they wish. The oppressed have gone on to oppress those that have no power to fight. They could have allowed for women, children, elderly etc to evacuate but instead they sealed off all exits and started the offensive. Israel could still allow for medical supplies etc to be delivered to the Palestinians but they chose not to. This is eerily similar to something the Nazis would do and once again no one in the world seems to condemn Israel for using dis-proportionate force. The way Israel exercises their military supremacy in the region seems like Israel gets some kind of sick pleasure out of the misery of the innocent civilians.

While I used to despise and loathe Muslim extremists like Hamas and I still do, now I think Israel is no better then Hamas or Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Personally, I have always admired the immense contribution of the Jewish people to science, arts, technology, medicine, pretty much all fields of discovery. It is a testament to the great ability of the Jewish folks that despite being one of the smallest group of people, they account for the most number of Nobel prizes awarded to any one race of people.

However in the recent months the following events have made me rethink how much I admire the Jewish people.

Nationalism and the tendency to view people as an aggregate, rather than separate individuals is the greatest evil that had ever befell this planet. Don't admire or venerate the "Jewish People". Most of them have done nothing deserving of praise or condemnation. Condemn the people that lobby US against its own interests in Middle East; condemn the people in the government of Israel who lead her down a self-destructive course, but there is no reason to project those actions against the whole of Jewish populace, many of whom have nothing to do with Israel at all. Likewise, you should admire individuals (who won those Nobel prizes) rather than "Jewish People", since the "people" are not worthy of admiration, only individuals are.

Deleted
    Israel turned the Gaza Strip into something that is pretty much a concentration camp, you can't blame the palestinians for wanting to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Nationalism and the tendency to view people as an aggregate, rather than separate individuals is the greatest evil that had ever befell this planet. Don't admire or venerate the "Jewish People". Most of them have done nothing deserving of praise or condemnation. Condemn the people that lobby US against its own interests in Middle East; condemn the people in the government of Israel who lead her down a self-destructive course, but there is no reason to project those actions against the whole of Jewish populace, many of whom have nothing to do with Israel at all. Likewise, you should admire individuals (who won those Nobel prizes) rather than "Jewish People", since the "people" are not worthy of admiration, only individuals are.
    This is one of the best response/reasoning I have ever read on these forums. Thanks for this, it's a good way of looking at things indeed.
    However I do not see Jewish people standing up and asking their government to try and bargain for peace. It seems that the politicians in this case are representing the will of the people.
    Last edited by igame; 2012-11-19 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    The western world has been sympathetic towards Israel because of what they went through during holocaust and rightly so, but how can one continue to support them in face of the extreme and ruthless amount of force Israel is using with no regard to civilian lives.
    Leave it to the jews to find a profit in something as horrible as the holocaust. I'm wondering if by now they're even happy that it happened because it helps them a lot by making them the victim in every situation. Really digusting if you ask me. They're pissing on their own graves.

Infracted: Please respect other nations/religions
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-19 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    The mask slips http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...holocaust.html

A senior Israeli politician provoked controversy today when he warned that Palestinians firing rockets from Gaza would be punished with a "bigger holocaust" from Israeli armed forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    I was never aware that someone said that. He really need to be ashamed of himself because he wants to inflict a suffering similar to that that was inflicted upon his people in the past. Words cannot describe how disgusted I am with this notion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I was never aware that someone said that. He really need to be ashamed of himself because he wants to inflict a suffering similar to that that was inflicted upon his people in the past. Words cannot describe how disgusted I am with this notion.
    That's not the first time that sentiment has come out of Israeli politics. It's a sick notion some extreme politicians share.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    That's not the first time that sentiment has come out of Israeli politics. It's a sick notion some extreme politicians share.
    While we are still in WWII era, let us not forget that while many are losing jobs and livelyhoods, the banks and institutions run by Jews prosper on other's misery.