Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
53
54
62
... LastLast
  1. #1021
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse View Post
    Gogo Israel! Glad to see a country willing to fight! Hopefully this will lead to some kind of war against Islam. In the end, perhaps we will get rid of such stupid things as religion.
    Oh great....
    Congrats on the stupidest posting so far in 52 pages..
    War against Islam..... unbelievable.. you want to start a religious war, which would likely be another world war, to end religion? How idiotic can it be?
    Educate yourself about the sheer number balance.... Islam etc/Christianity
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-11-19 at 05:45 PM.

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse View Post
    Gogo Israel! Glad to see a country willing to fight! Hopefully this will lead to some kind of war against Islam. In the end, perhaps we will get rid of such stupid things as religion.
    really? just... damn. mind amending that to a war against religious zealotry instead of singling out islam?

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse View Post
    Gogo Israel! Glad to see a country willing to fight! Hopefully this will lead to some kind of war against Islam. In the end, perhaps we will get rid of such stupid things as religion.
    Israel is a religious country too bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  4. #1024
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's such a messy conflict and there are no clean cut good guys and bad guys. All I know is that relatively innocent people on both sides are dying, but that far more Gazans are dying than Israelis.
    Yeah agree with this, there are absolute fanatics on both sides. What I think is unacceptable though is that there are people that want to put the sole responsibility on the palestinian people, when there are israelis that are just fucking batshit crazy as well.

    Thinking this is a onesided conflict with one good guy(often supposed to be Israel) and one bad side is just out of order. You got Israelis that settle down on palestinian soil, and eventhough IDF have forcefully removed some of them at times they just go straight back in there, setting up new houses/small communities.

    Another thing I really hate is that if you critize Israel or Israeli policy there are people that are fast as hell to accuse you of being an anti semite. Such a perfect way to destroy any middle ground that there is.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Israel is a religious country too bro.
    Sadly so. But thankfully it's not a theocracy.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 07:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Another thing I really hate is that if you critize Israel or Israeli policy there are people that are fast as hell to accuse you of being an anti semite. Such a perfect way to destroy any middle ground that there is.
    Hate that as well. It's such a bullshit retort.

  6. #1026
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    16,845
    Let's not derail this thread.

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    I didn't know that setting up a naval blockade to prevent other countries from giving relief is considered "aid" in Israel..
    Perhaps you should check into what 'aid' was on the ships that tried to run the blockade miss. Also, why is it they refused to allow it to be inspected? hmm? if it truly was 'aid' what was the harm in having it inspected, additionally, where is the news coverage of the tons of food, and other things that Israel DOES allow into Gaza AFTER inspecting it?

    Reckon that doesn't fit the narrative of Israel being evil and needing to be wiped off the map.

  8. #1028
    I'm struggling with Hama's rational for continued rocket strikes.
    Not from a moral aspect, I can understand that, even though I disagree with it.
    But tactically, they’re just ineffective and only prolonging the conflict.

    On that note, the Iron Dome is certainly living up to all the hype.

  9. #1029
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    So youd have us believe that

    There is no blockade
    There is no such thing as Palestine
    Palestinians should be grateful for the aid we give them

    Really all of the above show the mass of lies and delusion that is the israeli view point.

    Israel enforces a blockade whilst drilling for gas off the coast of gaza. The people killed and injured in international waters may not agree on the legality of your blockade.
    People lived in Palestine long before modern Israel was bought from the British
    Grateful for aid that they wouldn't need if you hadn't stolen their land and walled them up in a ghetto.

    I quote your own founders acknowledging stealing the land. Proposing ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians and still you trot out lie after lie.

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Oh great....
    Congrats on the stupidest posting so far in 52 pages..
    War against Islam..... unbelievable.. you want to start a religious war, which would likely be another world war, to end religion? How idiotic can it be?
    Educate yourself about the sheer number balance.... Islam etc/Christianity
    Your post isn't a lot better. Where does he say he wants a religious war, hmm? Where does he say he's christian? Assume much?

    Anyway, as for me I couldn't care less if the entire area was nuked. Both sides can be wiped off the map for all I care. I'm not saying I would actively work towards that outcome, but if it happened I wouldn't have any problem with it. Only way for there to be peace in that part of the world apparently.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 07:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    really? just... damn. mind amending that to a war against religious zealotry instead of singling out islam?
    Well, to be honest Islam is probably the worst. Judaism isn't a whole lot better. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc are relatively peaceful.

    But yeah, reducing religious zealotry is the right way to put it. But if only it were that easy.

  11. #1031
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, to be honest Islam is probably the worst. Judaism isn't a whole lot better. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc are relatively peaceful.

    But yeah, reducing religious zealotry is the right way to put it. But if only it were that easy.
    Historically, Christianity was the big problem. What, with it's 10+ crusades under the church, attacking Judaism and Islam.

    Now, up to the conflicts with Israel and the Gaza strip, I do not know of any war started in the name of Judaism. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Islam is the really interesting thing because it is probably the most peaceful in nature of the religions. it is the leaders that propagate these wars and label it religion as a reason. But that is like anything. For example, Al-Qaeda practice a corrupted variant of Islam to meet their needs, where they are taught to sacrifice themselves, etc.

  12. #1032
    To me this isn't a Palestine vs Israel deal.

    It's a Hamas vs Israel. For whatever reason a group of extremists got power in Palestine and are using the the fact that everyone feels that Israel is going too far to their advantage.

    However I do question several things.

    1)For more than a few strikes that the Hamas claim have hit civilian areas and killed civilians why is it that they've hurriedly removed all traces of the shells. You'd think they'd want people to take pics to demonstrate how evil Israel is. Food for thought.

    2)They're blatantly and proudly firing their missiles indiscriminately into densely populated areas while crying foul about Israel's retaliation. And the international media's lapping it up. Does Israel need to allow a missile to strike an area and suffer numerous casualties for people to realise that the Hamas are NOT playing by the rules laid out by most civilised countries?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 08:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Historically, Christianity was the big problem. What, with it's 10+ crusades under the church, attacking Judaism and Islam.

    Now, up to the conflicts with Israel and the Gaza strip, I do not know of any war started in the name of Judaism. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Islam is the really interesting thing because it is probably the most peaceful in nature of the religions. it is the leaders that propagate these wars and label it religion as a reason. But that is like anything. For example, Al-Qaeda practice a corrupted variant of Islam to meet their needs, where they are taught to sacrifice themselves, etc.

    So much this.

    Let's assume for a moment that Israel didn't exist, or Israel was defeated and dissolved. Would the middle east become a peaceful zone with everyone happy and ponies for everyone?

    Hell No.

    Most Middle Eastern countries have their own personal beefs with one another ranging from ancient insults that they themselves only remember to differing ways that they interpret the Koran. The only thing currently binding them together is that they all dislike Israel to some degree. Ironic that the only thing stopping the Middle East from erupting into a free for all is the very country so many love to hate.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  13. #1033
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,841
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Historically, Christianity was the big problem. What, with it's 10+ crusades under the church, attacking Judaism and Islam.
    Don't forget the Inquisition.

    Now, up to the conflicts with Israel and the Gaza strip, I do not know of any war started in the name of Judaism. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    /sing Joshua at the Battle of Jericho, and the walls came tumbling down. /stopsinging

    And remind me again, how many Philistine foreskins did David have to collect in battle in order to win the hand of Saul's daughter?
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-11-19 at 08:57 PM.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    I'm struggling with Hama's rational for continued rocket strikes.
    Not from a moral aspect, I can understand that, even though I disagree with it.
    But tactically, they’re just ineffective and only prolonging the conflict.

    On that note, the Iron Dome is certainly living up to all the hype.
    This just smells fishy. It seems like this all might have been just to test their new defense system.

    Either way, what do you expect Palestinians to do? They've effectively been wiped off the map and have blockades stopping rations/aid to come to them. Firing rockets seems to be their last and only resort against growing settlements.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  15. #1035
    I am Murloc! cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Most Middle Eastern countries have their own personal beefs with one another ranging from ancient insults that they themselves only remember to differing ways that they interpret the Koran. The only thing currently binding them together is that they all dislike Israel to some degree. Ironic that the only thing stopping the Middle East from erupting into a free for all is the very country so many love to hate.
    Very interesting point. I wonder if any one there understands that, too?
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  16. #1036
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, to be honest Islam is probably the worst. Judaism isn't a whole lot better. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc are relatively peaceful.

    But yeah, reducing religious zealotry is the right way to put it. But if only it were that easy.
    You know about history as much as my grandma knows about smartphones which isn't really much...

  17. #1037
    I am Murloc! cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Either way, what do you expect Palestinians to do? They've effectively been wiped off the map and have blockades stopping rations/aid to come to them. Firing rockets seems to be their last and only resort against growing settlements.
    They could try not electing terrorists and killing random civilians. Blockades are only happening because they won't let the ships be inspected for weapons, and are really being used for political purposes, rather than aid. Israel provides aid to Palestine, fyi.
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  18. #1038
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    So much this.

    Let's assume for a moment that Israel didn't exist, or Israel was defeated and dissolved. Would the middle east become a peaceful zone with everyone happy and ponies for everyone?

    Hell No.

    Most Middle Eastern countries have their own personal beefs with one another ranging from ancient insults that they themselves only remember to differing ways that they interpret the Koran. The only thing currently binding them together is that they all dislike Israel to some degree. Ironic that the only thing stopping the Middle East from erupting into a free for all is the very country so many love to hate.
    It is not like that Israel is being attacked by these countries 24/7. If you really think that Israel existence has anything to do with how the region will interact with itself, you're hugely mistaken.

    EDIT: hint hint who waged most of the wars in the Middle East? it wasn't the Arabs.

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    People lived in Palestine long before modern Israel was bought from the British
    And yet, no nation on Earth, not even a Muslim nation would take the Palestinians in. Israel has absorbed millions, and were willing to let the Palestinians live there too - provided they didn't have to be recognized as a separate nation - and as nomadic people, that probably shouldn't have been a big deal - but no. They (through Arafat) refused any sanctions, demanding to be either Palestine or nothing.

    Something is telling in the fact that no one wants the Palestinians except the Israelis' - too bad they burned the bridge, stole the charred remains, buried them in the sand and left them to rot.

    I hear Iraq has a lot of new openings for immigrants though. /sarcasm.

  20. #1040
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,949
    I have to say I'm confused by this one. Granted they have generations, even centuries, of built in hate over there. Still, if you start killing people in a country's government, whether a legitimate regime or not. They are going to try and strike back. So that whole "we had no choice" thing sounds a little fishy to me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •