Thread: Reforging?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    SimC puts all three stats very close together but I've been wondering if I should trust it given how much Xuen relies on crits.

I tend to go for hit >/= exp > crit > haste = mastery. Bear in mind that the hit/exp cap ranges from 2549 to 2551 rather than the flat 2550 that most aim for
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post

2231 (Hit) 2557 (Exp) 6555 (Crit) 2126 (Mastery) 2391 (Haste) -- ReforgeLite
    2231 (Hit) 2550 (Exp) 6684 (Crit) 2004 (Mastery) 2391 (Haste) -- WoWReforge.com

This a difference of 129 (600 = 1%) crit rating (Roughly 0.2% crit = 0.04% gain) and 122 (600 = 1%) mastery rating (Roughly 0.2% as well = 0.04% gain). So yes, WoWReforge with the same exact stat weights seems to be a hair better, but my point was ReforgeLite's convenience outweighs that when you can't afford to relog to inconvenience a raid night.

So in the end: ReforgeLite for convinience, WoWReforge for tightness.

[EDIT] -- Oddly enough after making the WoWReforge changes and running ReforgeLite it didn't tell me to reforge anything. You would think since it made slightly different reforge suggestions from the start it would want to 'revert' back. Neat I guess ;O
    I still fail to see how relogging is such a burden if you are already reforging/getting your gear ready for the next fight, there will be some downtime. It literally takes one second to log out and back in.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I still fail to see how relogging is such a burden if you are already reforging/getting your gear ready for the next fight, there will be some downtime. It literally takes one second to log out and back in.
    I can exit the dungeon, hop on my mount and reforge. In my experience relogging to update armory only works when I do it from places I can instantly log off (inns, cities, etc...).
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

With a nontrivial reforging (hit/exp caps), ReforgeLite seems to vary from run to run. Try running "calculate" a few times to make sure you're getting the best possible results.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    I can exit the dungeon, hop on my mount and reforge. In my experience relogging to update armory only works when I do it from places I can instantly log off (inns, cities, etc...).
    I've relogged in raid instances and major cities and everywhere in between and more times than not it has updated my gear, but I don't want to continue to argue about this. It is true how I don't see how 20 seconds taken logging out is somehow an inconvenience when you will perform better in the raid. No matter, were just going in circles now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    With a nontrivial reforging (hit/exp caps), ReforgeLite seems to vary from run to run. Try running "calculate" a few times to make sure you're getting the best possible results.
    This is true. While it may take 20 seconds logging out (1 in a major city), it could potentially take more just because you are calculating your reforges numerous times in order to attain ones that may or may not be the same as wowreforge.

In the past I always used wowreforge, tried like 4, 5 different reforges, created profiles for all of them and ran them through simcraft which resulted in like 1h of work when I got a new item. ReforgeLite is awesome when like now there is no real difference between stats. Hitting 'calculate' a few times and then let the addon automatically reforge your gear the way it wants without you doing anyhing is so more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    In the past I always used wowreforge, tried like 4, 5 different reforges, created profiles for all of them and ran them through simcraft which resulted in like 1h of work when I got a new item. ReforgeLite is awesome when like now there is no real difference between stats. Hitting 'calculate' a few times and then let the addon automatically reforge your gear the way it wants without you doing anyhing is so more comfortable.
    I can see where you are coming from, but I am speaking from a min/maxer point of view. I'll contact the guy who makes wowreforge to ask him about an addon in the possible future since IMO it's 10 times better than reforgelite.

I can see where you are coming from, but I am speaking from a min/maxer point of view. I'll contact the guy who makes wowreforge to ask him about an addon in the possible future since IMO it's 10 times better than reforgelite.
    Reforgerade does just that... Been using it for quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Ah, thanks JS!

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Very nice addon, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    A tad off topic but JS, LOVE your hunter bar addon, best one out there.

a bit off topic but is there an adon that can optimize not only my reforging but my gems and enchants also?

No need to relog and import your character every time in Wowreforge. Reforgelite gives me the same results every time and I don't have to relog for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    No need to relog and import your character every time in Wowreforge. Reforgelite gives me the same results every time and I don't have to relog for that.
    im having problems with reforge lite on my hunter the addon dosen't seem to want to take into account that we need expertise now...

seems to be working correctly now
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-14 at 06:38 PM.

They do NOT give the same results... Wowreforge is better.

Just because you happen to get same results for that particular gear set, doesn't mean you will get them for every other gear combination.

From ReforgeLite's Curse page:
    When you're done setting up weights/caps, press Calculate. Since it might take too much time (and run out of memory due to Lua limitations), it might trade some precision for speed, but the loss should be minimal. You can click the Calculate button several times to achieve the best result.
    Even the author states the addon has limitations in its accuracy. I'm not saying ReforgeLite is a bad addon - it's very hassle free and easy to use, but Wowreforge simply is the most accurate one.

Not quite sure if clicking calculate several times always gives the best and/or same results as Wowreforge. I'm no LUA expert nor do I know how ReforgeLite is programmed, but it would seem kinda strange if it actually iterates from the previous results.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu View Post
    Just because you happen to get same results for that particular gear set, doesn't mean you will get them for every other gear combination.

From ReforgeLite's Curse page:

Even the author states the addon has limitations in its accuracy. I'm not saying ReforgeLite is a bad addon - it's very hassle free and easy to use, but Wowreforge simply is the most accurate one.

Not quite sure if clicking calculate several times always gives the best and/or same results as Wowreforge. I'm no LUA expert nor do I know how ReforgeLite is programmed, but it would seem kinda strange if it actually iterates from the previous results.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. So I'll sum up the entire thread into one concise statement:

wowreforge.com+ Reforgerade = best reforges

Deleted
    A min/maxer like myself would prefer better stats, but to each his own.
    You can't claim to be a min/maxer when you have skinning as one of your proffesions.

Quote Originally Posted by haragi View Post
    You can't claim to be a min/maxer when you have skinning as one of your proffesions.
    Kk brb leveling tailoring!!