Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Best class to carry?

    So my friends started playing WoW and while they do have some experience in PvP, they really suck in arenas. So I have been playing a warrior so far but there is only so much you can do as a warrior. My question is which class do you think would be able to carry in 3s better? Leaning towards mage or druid or perhaps rogue with the new 5.1 changes?

  2. #2
    Resto Shaman / Warlock can carry any comp really. (From personal experience I had all classes at 85 and my main is a 90 Monk now and I will say when I played Resto Shaman / Warlock I felt like I could influence the game most).
    i require ham.

  3. #3
    Ah the infamous rsham/warlock combo hm yeah that might work but I'm worried that I won't be that good with a shaman especially resto. So it has to be something else

  4. #4
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Well, I'm afraid resto lock is no longer the top combination.
    While warlocks still have a good synergy with healers, the synergy is no longer that strong as it was in tbc and cata.

    Not only that, but affliction warlocks were very strong in arena due the good pressure they had, but now with the changes to affliction and with how malefic graps is required to do a lot of damage with dots, affliction is nothing more than a weaker shadowpriest with a spamable fear and a better dispelprotection.

    Now to stay on topic, rogues currently aren't doing to amazing compared to other melee, but it wouldn't surprise me if they become the top melee in 5.3-5.4 due how they scale.
    As for mage, mages currently have 2 very good specs for arena and will high likely be a topclass for the rest of the expansion.
    Druids on the other hand are currently amazing healers, however, balance and feral are really lacking right now but that might change.

  5. #5
    Ferals are lacking right now? Hm I thought they're in a pretty good shape tbh

  6. #6
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by pe6o32 View Post
    Ferals are lacking right now? Hm I thought they're in a pretty good shape tbh
    I'm not saying they are bad, they just can't compete with the whole hunter/warrior game that is going on currently so I can't really tell how good they'll be in 5.1

  7. #7
    Well what would have more impact on the game? Should i better play the druid so i can cc and setup kills + help burst or do roughly the same with mage but without the ability to heal ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'm not saying they are bad, they just can't compete with the whole hunter/warrior game that is going on currently so I can't really tell how good they'll be in 5.1
    What the heck? Hunters have been nerfed (or fixed how ever you want to look at it) to a point where they're only average. Kittycleave is definitely the best comp at the moment.

    On topic, stick to warrior, they can carry.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Well, I'm afraid resto lock is no longer the top combination.
    While warlocks still have a good synergy with healers, the synergy is no longer that strong as it was in tbc and cata.

    Not only that, but affliction warlocks were very strong in arena due the good pressure they had, but now with the changes to affliction and with how malefic graps is required to do a lot of damage with dots, affliction is nothing more than a weaker shadowpriest with a spamable fear and a better dispelprotection.

    Now to stay on topic, rogues currently aren't doing to amazing compared to other melee, but it wouldn't surprise me if they become the top melee in 5.3-5.4 due how they scale.
    As for mage, mages currently have 2 very good specs for arena and will high likely be a topclass for the rest of the expansion.
    Druids on the other hand are currently amazing healers, however, balance and feral are really lacking right now but that might change.
    you kidding? ever heard of mls?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    What the heck? Hunters have been nerfed (or fixed how ever you want to look at it) to a point where they're only average. Kittycleave is definitely the best comp at the moment.

    On topic, stick to warrior, they can carry.
    Warrior can carry only if you severely outgear your opponent which mens just outdps them. I find myself unable to do more with the class at some points just because warriors don't have high enough skillcap. I need some class that would let me (if played well) to not rely on other teammates that much to make things happen. For example my buddy will help me kill the target, but he ain't good enough to set up the kill on his own or if I shall be a healer I have to be able to setup that aswell and only expect raw damage with an interrupt here and there from my teammates.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'm not saying they are bad, they just can't compete with the whole hunter/warrior game that is going on currently so I can't really tell how good they'll be in 5.1
    Kittycleave is better than current Kfc. Ferals are the second best melee atm, right behind warriors.

    On topic.. Mage, warrior, feral, demo lock, resto druid. All of them are getting hugely rewarded for outplaying the opponent.. I wouldn't play 2s btw unless you are planning to play double dps. But in general any double dps team, except for probably double melee, are a bit underpowered against most healer/dps teams, solely because of how strong healers are at the moment
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2012-11-11 at 02:41 PM.

  12. #12
    Feral.
    They've got extremely high skill-cap, but when they are good i feel scared.

  13. #13
    Ok think I narrowed it down to mage or feral.

  14. #14
    If you're good a mage or warlock can carry a team; but honestly 1 person will have a hard time carrying unless they are in fact, really good.

  15. #15
    In my experience trying to carry someone who is crap at PvP will get old very quickly, unless you have the patience of a saint. I'm helping my nephew cap his conquest points, but when the only thing he uses is obliterate and frost strike, it gets difficult. I can't imagine trying to get any sort of rating.
    Last edited by Ripley6174; 2012-11-11 at 05:09 PM.

  16. #16
    Well they suck quite a lot but I have some hope and I think they'll learn in the process but until then I need to get at least some rating.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 08:13 PM ----------

    Plus what do you think would be better warlock or a mage ? Mage has more control imo.

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    453
    Mage has a good bit on control on all classes via Rings, Poly, Novas and CS and some insane damage on deeps.
    Warlock can put out some crazy instant CC because of Bloodfear, their self-heals are pretty good and damage can be insane if played right.

    Both classes are quite viable with a number of other class setups.

    Mage:
    Shatterplay/God Comp (Mage/Spriest/Healer(RDruid is godly)
    FMP (Feral/Mage/Healer)
    MLS (Mage/Lock/Healer, ideally Shaman/Druid)
    WMD (Mage, Warrior, Druid; can work decently with other healers)

    Warlock:
    MLS (Mage/Lock/Healer, ideally Shaman/Druid)
    WLD (Warrior/Lock/Druid or other healer)
    Shadowplay (Lock/Spriest/Healer)

    I just listed the comps that work out quite well this season, there's certainly other viable ones; simply not ones that I think would work well in your situation.

  18. #18
    What about in 2s?

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    What about in 2s?
    For mage and lock? Any other DPS really, so long as they have the ability to CC and/or put out a bit of damage inside of the other class' cooldowns. You can run healer/DPS with either class but I simply don't find that fun and it can lead to long games if you're paired against an equally skilled (or simply unkillable) healer/dps team.

    I don't see many locks in 2s but the better mage teams I've seen have been:
    Mage/Spriest
    Mage/Feral
    Mage/Warrior

    I played spriest/mage last week with my mage friend on my undergeared spriest (still 5 pieces of Cataclysmic) and so long as I was able to live and heal/CC for him when needed we won vs most setups.

    I know people throw around this word a lot but if you have good synergy with a person from playing with them a lot it doesn't really matter what class you're each playing, you know how the other is going to react to a situation after a while and it becomes easier even if you're running an obscure comp.

  20. #20
    control classes are the best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •