Deleted

How is garalon gonna be killed by us at this moment?

So our best try on Garalon was at a 1% wipe. Other times we've gotten to about 5% or 8% and such.
    We're running with 1 tank, 1 dps in half tank gear, 3 healers and 5 dps.

Setup:
    Warrior - dps in tank gear
    Paladin - tank

Shaman - heal
    Paladin - heal
    Druid - heal

Fire mage
    Arms warr
    Affliction Wlock
    Boomkin
    Assassin rogue (We asked him to play combat, but he doesn't have a clue on how to do it and pulled 50k as combat, while he's 70-80k as assassin.

So until the next raid i asked our rogue to practice alot more on combat, since with his cleave from combat we're definitly gonna be able to push the boss (Considering we got to 1% already). However with the incoming change to garalon that means cleaves will still do normal damage to the boss and not the 100% you get from legs aswell, i'm not sure how we're gonna push him.

I assigned the fire mage, arms warr and boomkin to the legs, their dps increased ALOT, especially for the fire mage and arms warr since they can cleave.
    On the next raid i was gonna replace the boomkin with the rogue on the legs. And let him cleave with blade flurry. However since blade flurry deals 100% extra damage on legs, and then passes on this damage to a target nearby, the damage would be insane! But now the body will take normal damage which means we won't get as high numbers on the dps as we had on our last try.

How should we push the dps now? Should we try it with 2 healers? Feels very healing intense on some parts of that fight, not quite sure how 2 healers will work.

Deleted
    We're killing the boss with 2 tanks soaking swipes and 3 healers.

I think the key here is making sure the right type of class does the right type of thing. We have one ranged and all of the healers running the Pheromones, which means that there's barely any interuption on the constant DPS. And we could still tweak it further by using one of the tanks as a pheromone runner but at the moment, we don't need to.

Deleted
    We're using 3 healers and 1 tank to kite the pheromones, in order to maximize the dps we can get on the boss. We've never had a problem with kiting so this has always worked for us.

A rogue that doesnt know how to play else than one spec is pretty bad and should be replaced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    A rogue that doesnt know how to play else than one spec is pretty bad and should be replaced.
    Trust me i've tried. My server is pretty dead tho, out of the 2 rogues i've found, none of them knew how to play combat.
    And i haven't been able to find another dps for that fight either.

Deleted
    We do it with 2 tanks and 1 hunter kiting. Tanks take 35 ish stacks and the hunter takes 25 - 30. Tanks in dps gear, dps flasks, trinks and pots. Seems the way to go.

Deleted
    Hey,

We used:
    2 Tank
    2 healer (druid and monk)
    6 Dps

We had a lock and mage on the body
    Rest nucking the legs

Kite time:
    Resto druid, Tank 1, Tank 2, Elemental shaman (walking lighting bolt!!)

We start by poping heroism at start to get all the legs down fast. Poped every CD there.
    Resto Druid started kiting. and we switched on 17 stacks.
    Every crush we poped a major healing CD before or after crush. Depents on how the raid looked before crush.

Resto druid was on kiter healing and assist on raid healing with wild growth.
    Monk was on raid healing

Good luck!

(we did not have rogue!)

Deleted
    I see, we're gonna try 2 healers the next time then.

Btw, any reason why you kept your mage on the boss at all times? We found it more useful to have the mage on the legs, since he could cleave and get to the "hard" legs easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I see, we're gonna try 2 healers the next time then.
    Just wanna flake in and say that 2 healing is perfectly viable AND recommended if your healers can cope with it. A Monk is exceptionally good at raid healing this fight. There's no guarantee that your Paladin, Shaman or Druid is going to be able to do an equally good job (though, if they can, the better for you).