View Poll Results: Do you consider WoWProgress to be the most accurate rankings?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they should always be blindly believed and never questioned

80 80.81%
  • No, they have an obvious bias and should be scrutinized

19 19.19%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    What even funnier is when Paragon announced they were going 10 man Euros were butthurt and considered Paragon a joke at the time. But now Paragon is still competing in top world kills as 10 man so now they say 10 man is "legit" and some are trying to say its harder then 25m.
    Of course they are. I could now mention as well why that is the case but I'd guess that discussion isn't worth it.
    But of course it's ridiculous that the score is even on that one.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-11-11 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason WoWprogress is currently ranking Paragon higher is because it's THE SAME TIER as MSV. There's currently 12 bosses out, and Paragon killed one of them WAAAAAAAAAY before BL, meaning they get more points for it, and thats then added up to killing all the other bosses on the same day as BL, meaning they overall have more points that BL, that's why they're ranked higher. Learn the system WoWprogress is using before you complain.
    Edit: The poll is silly and I will not vote on it. Where's the "you can sometimes trust it" option? Where's the "It has it flaws, but it can mostly be trusted" option?
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-11-11 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    Europe gets all patches a day behind the U.S. and wowprogress reflects this in the rankings.
    This, this, and uhm, this. People have to realise that, and there wouldn't be any kind of debate concerning the credibility of the site.

Also, why do people even consider Paragon an "EU" guild, when they're all Finnish? All the other top guilds are either EU international, or US international so it makes sense. But Paragon? Not an EU guild.

Deleted
    Ranks are based on Overall performance.

Firstly this tier hasn't finished yet its a unique situation which was killed after Kara/OS/EoE in Wotlk where by a raid tier consists of multiple Raid instances. Therefore there is technically the best guild in wow YET. Terrace of Endless Spring and thus Sha of Fear is the last boss of the Tier.

I always assumed the kills are managed, since if you check on Wednesday in EU at a start of a Tier it will have US guilds fill the page, check Thursday the day after and EU kills will be ranked above US kills. But if not you can also check Guildox for other rankings.

As has already been stated
    BL:MV=5 HOF=1
    Paragon:MV=1, HoF=2
    So far this tier Paragon out performed Blood Legion and are therefore ranked higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at thread-history. Seems like someone is angry and trolling because his favourite guild isn't getting the attention and praise he thinks it deserves. Please read the information on wowprogress how they measure their data. If you're unhappy, you're free to create your own ranking site with your own rules, and make it more important than wow-progress. Otherwise talk to the people from wowprogress directly. I'm quite sure if you can give them strong arguments why their ruleset is wrong, and yours is right, they will change it.

Anyway, gz to BL, but the race isn't over.

Deleted
    Why is this thread not closed? OP is mad because WoWProgress doesn't list his favourite boyband as rank 1. Poll is horrible as well.

Deleted
    You've made like a billion threads about the same thing, we get it... you're a BL fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wrong. In a marathon with 30 000 people, everyone gets their personal time taken because you cannot line up 30 000 ppl on the startline. And a race is one "by who arrives first" ONLY when everybody also "STARTS at the same time". Which clearly is not the case.
    But the New York City Marathon is clearly an EU-fanboy-thing...

Deleted
    The reason paragon is ranked world first on wowprogress is because of the points they got on Will of the Emperor I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Sounds like a fan still upset their favorite guild was clearly beaten to world first by Blood Legion.

Complaining to me won't make paragon first they have to beat the next content to be ahead of Blood Legion. Right now Blood Legion crossed the finish line before anyone.
    If you had opened the thread I labeled as my favorite, you might remember it's that one thread where you made yourself look like an idiot for 10 pages claiming I'm not from Paragon and you're Sejta and then immediately stopped posting when I proved I actually am from Paragon =)

I can understand criticism of WoWProgress, considering I've been critical of them in the past for different reasons, but if you just apply common sense and say compare the time differences of Will of the Emperor kills (several days) and Grand Empress kills (14 hours) you might understand why the people who disagree with you on who should be #1 (who surprisingly seem to be in majority) might not just be a bunch of 'fanboys' making 'excuses.'

You were right though, I am disappointed in Method not being #1 25-man guild, but to my grand pleasure that will still change if they kill the boss tonight.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-11-11 at 04:16 PM.

WoWProgress is your ranking. You look up your guild name and that number beside it is how you finished out the tier. If your guild chooses to do something that results in your ranking not being as high as you'd like, that is your problem. If you think a fight favors 10 man over 25 man, and you did not drop down to 10 to complete the fight, and you got beaten by someone who did, tough luck. If your guild progressed through the bosses linearly while some other guild skipped ahead to specific kills that would allow them to rank higher overall, good for them and tough luck for you.

The ranks are there for everyone to see. Your little back-story of why you think your guild deserves a higher ranking is not, and nobody actually cares except you and your guildmates. Feel free to report your "real" ranking when discussing your guild's merits, but please realize that people are still going to see your WoWProgress score as your official ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    If you had opened the thread I labeled as my favorite, you might remember it's that one thread where you made yourself look like an idiot for 10 pages claiming I'm not from Paragon and you're Sejta and then immediately stopped posting when I proved I actually am from Paragon =)

I can understand criticism of WoWProgress, considering I've been critical of them in the past for different reasons, but if you just apply common sense and say compare the time differences of Will of the Emperor kills (several days) and Grand Empress kills (14 hours) you might understand why the people who disagree with you on who should be #1 (who surprisingly seem to be in majority) might not just be a bunch of 'fanboys' making 'excuses.'
    IIRC the only thing you proved is you were in paragon as a social or back up raider at best not a progression raider but I guess that's splitting hairs over little details. The only thing that matters to this topic is wowprogress is broken for putting the 2nd placed guild at number 1. Terrible ranking system when the winner is not acknowledged as the winner just to please the passionate euro fans that go crazy when paragon is beaten fairly.

Complaining to me won't make paragon first...
    Nop, but reading wowprogress will.

Terrible ranking system when the winner is not acknowledged as the winner just to please the passionate euro fans that go crazy when paragon is beaten fairly.
    Even your biased poll is failing. 80% don't think that way.

Oh, and Paragon is not my favorite at all, just amazed how thick you are.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-11-11 at 04:20 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last month the paragon fans were saying their favorite guild was number 1 because they dropped the final boss of the first content before anyone else and before we get into the whole 10 vs 25 argument the truth is first is first. I personally weigh the 25 difficulty higher but that's my personal measure and is not for everyone. Now blood legion clear the new content first making them number 1 but wait the idiotic wowprogress is the be all end all rank for morons so they quote that as their scripture.

First is first and blood legion was first this time.

It's all about the previous ranks, DREAM was world 1st on WoE, and world 2nd on Shek'zeer and BL was world 5th on WoE, and world 1st on Shek'zeer. I don't know if i'm good at math but i think the average of DREAM's ranks are still higher then BL.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC the only thing you proved is you were in paragon as a social or back up raider at best not a progression raider but I guess that's splitting hairs over little details. The only thing that matters to this topic is wowprogress is broken for putting the 2nd placed guild at number 1. Terrible ranking system when the winner is not acknowledged as the winner just to please the passionate euro fans that go crazy when paragon is beaten fairly.
    As mentioned time and time again: wowprogress gives points per tier, not per raid. So in tier 14 (which is currently played) paragon is "better" than BL. Thats it. If you think it should be listed different, feel free to create your own ranking page, and make everyone listen to yours instead of wowprogress. Got that?

10+ Year Old Account
    People in this thread will complain but the masses have and will continue to take the wowprogress ranking as gospel, like it or not but most will recognise Paragon as the top guild this tier. Their ranking method has been consistent, you can't just complain about it because of the first boss nerf fiasco that happened this time, that was blizzard's fault.

Though number 1 at this point will be forgotten pretty quickly since it's not the end of the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the fact that a troll thread - one of the many this op has started cause he clearly is a mad fanboy - is getting to more than 3 pages and I feel ashamed I am contributing to that fact.

Deleted
    if you count the 1 day head start the us got then paragon is world first. eu > us

10 man and 25 are the same imo

First is first and blood legion was first this time.
    No, it's not flawed, First is first and Paragon got it first, they killed it 9 hours earlier due to staggered release of raids - which is the correct thing to do. You can't claim to have a world first when you had a 24 hr head start and the competition couldn't even start yet.

The US is just butthurt that Blood Legion still hasn't gotten a legitimate world first, poor guys.

Guess what? You're an idiot. Here are three reasons why:

1. You can't comprehend there are three raids in this tier.
    2. You can't comprehend that wowprogress ranks based on tier and not raid.
    3. You can't comprehend that fanbois arguing with fanbois over which of their favorite team is number one will never end how you want, because fanbois don't use facts and just try and see who yells louder.

I could list more, but then I'd be wasting more of my time than I just did. GTFO.