Thread: MMR Exploit.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry MMR Exploit.

I enjoy PVP and have done so since s1.
    I'm not a great player, but i've always managed to play at a competitive level, usually at around a 2200-2300 level across 3 toons (post BC).
    What does this have to do with this whole 'MMR Exploit'? Well i'm 100% sure there are thousands of players out there, just like me, that didnt simply get their 2200 achs, t2 gear etc handed to them through some exploit in a 30min time period.

Upon briefly overviewing the CN and EU ladders, one can easily tell that the game is truly broken. IDC about OP classes, getting dc'd on weird maps, or any of the 'unfairness' that's usually inherent (or has been) in this game for ages - but I DO care when I see SO MANY PEOPLE on decent, respectable servers intentionally abusing a system SET IN PLACE to distinguish the good, from the average, from the bad.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh to some people, probably shouldn't care too much. Just figure the more people talk about it the faster it should get fixed.
    Last edited by Lap; 2012-11-14 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Okay... i was wrong. 50+ people have already said it. enough already
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2012-11-11 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Even tho this will probably get locked due to "naming and shaming" i would say that this is a clear case of someone buying gladiator-boost
    No. People are exploiting in every battlegroup. It's a combination of wintrading and exploiting. Its a bug where players are logging out before the gates open to avoid losing mmr while the other team they are queued up against gain rating and mmr. By wintrading you can continue to boost your mmr and rating without ever losing anything despite the possibility of not queuing into your partner team.

I don't do this myself, but there's a thread on AJ with links etc on how this function.

I queued 5s yesterday with 4 other people on a new team. After like 15 games our mmr was already at 2.2k (starting at basic mmr) because of how inflated that bracket is (roughly 30-40% of the teams we met were wintrades).
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-11 at 03:55 PM.

I simply detailed an example of the exploit, this was not a simple 'buy' as from what I can gather from the armory, it was achieved on a level 85 character. I really hope this is not locked, as people that have spent time EARNING a place on these ladders DESERVE to know about these people, and express an opinion on the matter.

This thread needs to stay open to raise awareness, and i've tried to go about this in the most civil manner possible.

Deleted
    Even tho this will probably get locked due to "naming and shaming" i would say that this is a clear case of someone buying gladiator-boost
    It's not. And I'm not closing it. I've never closed things that "name and shame" people who are obviously abusing the system; it's their fault, they brought it upon themselves and if they cared about people knowing they blatantly exploiting they wouldn't be win-trading up to 2800 in the first place when the few legit highest teams in the world are barely above 2600.

This is not boosting. This is not intended. It's an exploit that's recently been going around and that did not work prior to one of the latest patches - it can probably be fixed but knowing Blizzard they will not "weed" out the abusers because of it being hard to prove (I guess, though it's 100% obvious to players like me and many others which teams did it and which teams did not). Most likely we'll have a complete ladder reset coming in the near future, hopefully paired with MMR being wiped clean, which isn't actually a bad thing because of the funky state of warriors and mages.

It's super easy to do, it's not like the RBG thing with Russians last season where only a handful of people did it and boosted everyone else that bought the "services", this is players themselves playing up to redonculous ratings - bunch of friends of mine tested it like 5 games in 2's to see whether or not it did work a while back and it did. Pretty cringe-worthy that such basic things can completely fuck up 90% of the battlegroup's in the world (or 100%, I've not checked them all yet).

Must be lots of posts already on the official forums, hopefully this gets handled sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    It's not. And I'm not closing it. I've never closed things that "name and shame" people who are obviously abusing the system; it's their fault, they brought it upon themselves and if they cared about people knowing they blatantly exploiting they wouldn't be win-trading up to 2800 in the first place when the few legit highest teams in the world are barely above 2600.
    Much appreciated. Maybe if enough people ticket GMs, blizzard will eventually do something. You're welcome to use the link I provided as an obvious example, but there really are so many atm.
    Just the other day I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with 2500 rbg rating at 9wins - 22 losses. Go figure.

GG Blizzard, you managed to fuck up PvP even more this expansion, now Cataclysm seems like a wonderful dream. iwejkdiweiuiewhjifnwenjfuin

Deleted
    Now MoP PVP awfulness is complete.

Deleted
    Awesome mod, you sir need a promotion
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-11-11 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that he's a rogue with 2700 rating post MoP should raise some flags, heh

It's not. And I'm not closing it.
    I like you.
    This is ashame, I was never a very good pvper - 2000+ would be a dream for me, but I appriciated the time and work that goes into escalating to the top levels in pvp in wow - very impressive. And this kind of stuff just plain sucks. It was one of the reasons I finally left wow - although mine was more on the pve cheating side. I could never get over people using bots, getting away with it, even bragging about it and earning shit tons of gold - while I had to use my time ingame to farm and do things legitimatly. I couldn't play a game where derps got ahead by cheating and it seemed to be totally accepted. Blizz sends out the occassional - "bots are a problem, we are working on it" empty statement and nothing is done. When people botted w/ new archeology feature I think it took blizz about 24 hours to perma-ban the whole lot of them... and yet years have gone by and they can't manage to curb the other bots.

I've never seen anything quite this blatent as far as pvp cheating (besides you blasted speed hackers!), I agree this doesn't look like a carry on it's own.

Deleted
    and most likely using some sort of MMR-glitch with it. He doesnt have any 3v3 team atm tho so either he got his team removed and banned
    or the boost failed and they kicked him from the team.

Hopefully tho he wont get any titles etc because of cheating.
    No, it's not. There seems to be an bug where you can actually mess things up so you don't get anyone as an opponent or even your own team. There are people hitting rating numbers that are simply impossible right now. Hell I could see someone actually doing it in guild channel.

Edit, in all honesty for the first time ever I'm actually considering joining in on this. The most Blizzard will do is to reset the ratings, people will get to keep the achievments they did not actually earn. This is an absolute joke and the achievments post 2,2k are nigh impossible doing them legally right now.

Deleted
    Okay... i was wrong. 50+ people have already said it. enough already

Deleted
    Feels like playing on private servers, just pathetic blizzard .

10+ Year Old Account
    MMR exploits, lots of imbalance, no rating decay, bots...

Deleted
    Bots bots bot bbots bot bots bots bots bbots bots bots bots bots bbots bots EVERYBODY!!!

Deleted
    Maybe they'll finally reset the ladders now, since the KFC farce alone apparantely wasn't enough.

the whole season is wasted..

at this point evrybody should get free arena gear to make it fair.. :P

One of the worst pvp seasons ever imo.. ;X

10+ Year Old Account

inb4 they still don't reset ladders because the single intern they have assigned to pvp(see:taking over a month to figure out stampede is bugged) doesn't know how to

arena riddled with bugs and cheaters
    BGs are 80% bots

MoP PvP going well.

FYI you're still able to blink/displacer beast outside of Tol'viron arena.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-11-12 at 02:19 AM.