Thread: MMR Exploit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    time to make a team!

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    time to make a team!
    Please do! The more obvious this is, the easier it'll be to shutdown.

Deleted
    Everyone needs to keep exploiting thism so they have no choice but reset ladders/mmr.

I can see how high-ranking players that are ranked there due to skill can be upset about this.
    I'm totally new to PVP and just really started to do anything this season. I've never come across one of these teams in 2s so far, but I can't honestly say I'd even be happy about the boost. Yes, getting a higher rating would be nice, but I don't want to cheat my way there.
    If I move up the ladder I want it to be because I'm capable of beating the people in that bracket and deserve to be there. Like-wise, I don't want to cheat my way into matches where I'm going to get steam-rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewIsWhatIDo View Post
    I can see how high-ranking players that are ranked there due to skill can be upset about this.
    I'm totally new to PVP and just really started to do anything this season. I've never come across one of these teams in 2s so far, but I can't honestly say I'd even be happy about the boost. Yes, getting a higher rating would be nice, but I don't want to cheat my way there.
    If I move up the ladder I want it to be because I'm capable of beating the people in that bracket and deserve to be there. Like-wise, I don't want to cheat my way into matches where I'm going to get steam-rolled.
    I think people have forgotten that we are fundamentally playing a GAME. Where is the fun, where is the GLORY in cheating like this? Sure you might play a fotm comp or class to give you that edge, but at least you're still playing the game how it was intended. I remember getting 1800 in 2s during s5 or 6 on my ret paladin after an absurd amount of games (was pretty horrific hah), but buying that wep from the vendor was still one of the best moments to date for me on this game :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    You honestly think so? I was talking about this to a friend, and no matter how much everyone would love a complete ladder reset, there would be a HUGE outcry from the social pvpers of WoW who have played 300 games for their 1.8k achiev and haven't been impacted at all by all this.

Also, a complete reset would be unfair to all the people who haven't queued this week and haven't had any rating inflation because of the mmr abusers.

I know a couple of guys who have been stuck on 2.1k for 4-5 weeks now. They queued yesterday all day until they hit one of these guys, now they are 2.2k and sitting on it for weapons.

I don't see them doing an MMR reset or a ladder reset, it's just the way Blizzard are. They will probably say nothing about the matter, sneakily fix the exploit in a couple of weeks, ban the people who abused and then pretend nothing happened and ignore the collateral damage caused by it. (Random teams gaining 100-200 rating off a team who left before gates opened).

The best thing to do would probably be to reset all arena achievements and ratings to 2 weeks ago, if that's possible.
    I want to think so. But I do have my doubts, of course, it's a huge deal and it might be hard to handle now that everything is fucked up as it is - as someone else suggested, a week~ rollback would solve 99.9% of the issues but there would still be people who would be pissed off (for no real reason). I don't care about sub-par players getting weapon etc. because it doesn't really make a difference so I'd be happy with all teams being reset down to 2.2k (if above that currently) too, it would shave off some of the problems albeit not optimal.

They need to do something though. It's obviously not gonna remain untouched and I think the complaints will be way too much if Blizzard decide to play (a terrible version of) Sherlock Holmes and try to figure out which teams are legit and which aren't by themselves and inevitably end up leaving certain obvious exploiters untouched while fucking up legit teams instead.

People are clearly making a joke of this. Check this post from arenajunkies:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...any-questions/

Quote Originally Posted by Championn View Post
    They also need to completely REDO the ranking system in PvP. Make it much more clean, simple, concise. Seriously, we have been using this ranking system for how long? Burning Crusade? Thats about 5 years of this. Please Blizzard fix this. Going to the Blizzard forums now ill post a link so you can come and help with this. This is outrageous.
    The last blue post on pvp in a talk with GC mentioned that the game is a PVE game first and PVP second. If you read back far enough you will actually see a post by numerous blue posters and GC stating that their biggest mistake in wow was the implentation of PVP itself. So yes anyone thinking differently hasn't paid attention for years to how pvp is handled or mishandled.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    From the rules:
    Looks like there is a moderator who is a pvper and decided to put his own rules before the actual rules of MMO.

This has now been hotfixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    This has now been hotfixed.
    Great, but there are still teams out there with wrong ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Current #1 5s team with a single warrior called LEGIT BRAH. This is comic gold.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Great, but there are still teams out there with wrong ratings.
    I told you they were going to do things but nooooooo I'm sure they will wipe out those cheaters too

nothings hotfixed

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I don't care about sub-par players getting weapon etc. because it doesn't really make a difference so I'd be happy with all teams being reset down to 2.2k (if above that currently) too, it would shave off some of the problems albeit not optimal.

They need to do something though. It's obviously not gonna remain untouched and I think the complaints will be way too much if Blizzard decide to play (a terrible version of) Sherlock Holmes and try to figure out which teams are legit and which aren't by themselves and inevitably end up leaving certain obvious exploiters untouched while fucking up legit teams instead.
    I agree. But a +100 rating is easily the difference between challenger to rival, rival to duelist, duelist to glad, which is a big deal for a lot of people.

To the second part though, they have never been very good at their ban waves trying to catch boosters etc. It's a tough call for them, but I think resetting ladders, or resetting teams above 2.2k, or rerolling teams to a week ago will be the right thing to do. I honestly think leaving it this long has caused too much collateral damage already.

10+ Year Old Account
    so how does this hole exploit thing work?i quit wow so i have not been keeping up to date on alot of stuff in game.people still have to win game to get rating right?how are people getting rating so fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    so how does this hole exploit thing work?i quit wow so i have not been keeping up to date on alot of stuff in game.people still have to win game to get rating right?how are people getting rating so fast?
    win trading

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    nothings hotfixed
    When you leave a game before the gates open it now counts as a loss which negates the win trading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korosive View Post
    When you leave a game before the gates open it now counts as a loss which negates the win trading.
    It always has, hence the 2700+ exploiter teams all (or 99% anyway) have stupidly low win loss; eg. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/arena/no...X%20PVP%20PLZ/

Look at the overall ratio, not the players'. I don't know whether or not it's been fixed, I'm just saying that the fact it affects the team's score has nothing to do with it since the problem is regarding MMR and not actual team rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    The saddest part is that most teams disband by themselves after getting 2.7k 3v3 and 2.2k 5v5 achievement. So what you see here is just tip of the iceberg (people who want tier 2 and a high CP cap next week).

Edit: The ladders and the site linked aren't fully updated yet. Currently it's much worse than what is shown here.
    True. Whole PvE guilds around here are abusing this bug to get ratings they otherwise would never ever be able to dream of reaching just so they get the achievments. People are going from 1500 - 2700 without any kind of PvP experience in seconds. If this was an PvE bug Blizzard would've sorted it out immediatly on monday and would've banned these people.
    By now I'm convinced these people are going to stay around, at most their ratings are going to be revoked.

In all honesty if they just lie low for a time, they can recreate their team later once this is sorted out and reach a damn high rating because of their MMR alone.

Unless they wipe all teams and MMR alltogether come 5.1 we're in for another horrible season. It's not like they care thought...