Thread: MMR Exploit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Say good night!
    I'm still confident they have to reset the ladders somehow or roll it back - there are so many "legit" teams that spam queued versus wintraders up to like 2700 rating now, a friend of mine accidentally faced some at like 2am the other day and got up to what, 2712? They could've kept going, too, but they didn't want to go above rank 1 and be mistaken for actual abusers themselves even though they had very good win/loss unlike every exploited team.

This is hoping the MMR gets reset down on the characters that abused.

Deleted
    i doubt they will reset the ladders but i wouldnt be suprised if people found to be using this exploit will have there teams either removed from the ladder or the rating reset, i wouldnt be suprised to see some of the more extreme cases get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    This season needs to be reset, MMR, ratings, achievements, all of them wiped, all teams deleted. Start over. The effects of the cheating has so totally corrupted the system that when I got the 2400 achievement on my shaman alt last night I was pist, because it didn't mean shit, because we only played about 2/3 of our games against teams actually playing, and so while we weren't cheating, we still got about 200 more rating and mmr then we should have. It's so broken.

At the very least every title gained this season should have an *.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dam right <3 hopefully my friends who are arena freaks will stop moaning / crying to me now ~Points at a certain person in the thread :3
    why would people complain? free points if you face these bads.. they'll get banned.. problem fixes itself.

on the topic of restart; meh. they should have restarted as soon as they found the hunter bug. what do you think would happen if there was a bug that made dragon slaying way more easy then intended? action would be swift..achievements overturned.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/reckoning/5v5

I was going to transfer over here to legitimately earn Glad in 5s a few months into the season, so I checked the ladders today to see the BG. Look. r1 = 2700. r2 = 1900. If someone at Blizz doesn't see this.. i don't know what to think.. also, 50-1? serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dam right <3 hopefully my friends who are arena freaks will stop moaning / crying to me now ~Points at a certain person in the thread :3
    Meh, no more. Not renewing my sub when it ends.

We'll see about titan before i sub to a Blizzard game again.

Deleted
    if it is not PvE we do not care

- Blizzard Entertainment

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmh from the latest ''gossip'' that I found through multiple forums, All that's been done to the cheaters was uh...

A 72 hour ban and likely their rating gone lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmmh from the latest ''gossip'' that I found through multiple forums, All that's been done to the cheaters was uh...

A 72 hour ban and likely their rating gone lol
    And presumably a bug fix!

I'd like a ladder reset though. The new 'inflation per games played' system could effectively wipe out the problem in 5.1 though - but it may end up like season 9 or something again where the top teams are like 3200 and the gladiator cut off is like 2800.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-11-14 at 05:20 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/reckoning/5v5

I was going to transfer over here to legitimately earn Glad in 5s a few months into the season, so I checked the ladders today to see the BG. Look. r1 = 2700. r2 = 1900. If someone at Blizz doesn't see this.. i don't know what to think.. also, 50-1? serious?
    Wow, what a trash battlegroup.

And you can bet that all these guys did was to farm the mmr exploiters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a team with 3k rating... but that could be because all the ratings are now inflated from this exploit.

Deleted
    rofl, CN servers have 25+ players at 5k rating. i guess all the exploiters will receive a 72 hr ban at most.
    blizz wont reset the ladder because they are obv out of their minds. next thing they will tell ppl its not a bug its a feature.

The spin off problems because of this are as bad as the people who are exploiting it themselves.

People getting achieves they don't deserve (even non-exploiters, just by queueing into exploit teams), conquest cap increases for those people.

Blizzard being reluctant to reset mmr again will cause havoc next season.

Deleted
    So according to this thread http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...cgear-removed/ on AJ Blizzard tried to fix the bug, and banned exploiters for 72 hours as well as removing their conquest point gear, and resetting their teams.
    What they didn't do was to reset MMR. That means any ex-exploiter team with extremely high MMR can win-trade to gladiator or rank 1. GG, season and titles ruined.

And to make it even worse they didn't even fix the bug completely. According to the user Starcookie on AJ this is currently the case:
    It turns out their hotfix only made it so teams lose Team/Personal rating upon leaving, they still do not lose MMR. Even so, it will stop the majority of the people abusing the system as you now need 4 teams, not 2.

So to save the current season the only thing we can hope for:
    - Blizzard fixes the bug (for real this time)
    - Blizzard increases rating inflation in 5.1, making 3.5k+ rating the new gladiator cut-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    The spin off problems because of this are as bad as the people who are exploiting it themselves.

People getting achieves they don't deserve (even non-exploiters, just by queueing into exploit teams), conquest cap increases for those people.

Blizzard being reluctant to reset mmr again will cause havoc next season.
    This is definitely a huge problem, but non-exploiters queuing into exploit teams (without pre-made intentions of win-trading) can't help the fact they've queued into one, and no one's going to instantly leave game and tank MMR and CR because these other idiots are abusing the system.
    A big part of the current inflation is a resultant of win-trading teams (originally needing 2 teams) stuffing up the queue and being matched against decent players. The WT team will generally lose, yet keep their MMR, and the legitimate team will gain rating they wouldn't have under normal circumstances.
    Everyone knows this by now anyway, and because of threads like this, we've managed to get the attention of Blizzard, so i'm sure there will be a more solid solution implemented at least before 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on my server i see ppl selling this rating *Boost* for a real money (they dont accept gold). Some guild. Kinda reported them like 50x. (for every lvl 1 alt they made--and all those alts are in same guild)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Well it looks like Blizzard have responded to our pleas!
    Let us hope implementation goes well :P
    Last edited by Lap; 2013-07-29 at 04:55 PM.