Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I don't understand Bloodbath

I recently changed to Bloodbath over Avatar (I had in my head for some reason that Avatar was the best, so I stuck to it until I did more research) and I don't really understand how it works. My best guess is that you use it, attack with your normal rotation and somehow that adds to bloobath. I'm not sure what a 'special' melee attack might be considered as, either. Essentially 'some' of your attacks do 30% more damage, but in the form of a 6 second dot...every 'special melee', over 12 seconds.

Confusing. Any help?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I'd wager anything not an autoattack.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

avatar is terrible compared to bloodbath. bloodbath increases the damage of your attacks and puts a dot on the target, the best way to use it is to use bladestorm and bloodbath at the same time. I find when i do this i am usually topping the fight even on single target. blizzard and noxxic are not always right about AoE's, sometimes they can be your most dps especially in this case and it is the same for a combat rogue's killing spree.

Special attack is any non-auto attack.

Deleted
    Bloodbath, dragon roar, colossus smash, mortal strike, heroic strike, overpower pew pew.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit i cant use this skill properly or something. On average i lost 5k dps after switch from avatar :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lime249 View Post
    avatar is terrible compared to bloodbath. bloodbath increases the damage of your attacks and puts a dot on the target, the best way to use it is to use bladestorm and bloodbath at the same time. I find when i do this i am usually topping the fight even on single target. blizzard and noxxic are not always right about AoE's, sometimes they can be your most dps especially in this case and it is the same for a combat rogue's killing spree.
    Rogue Killing spree is not an AoE attack, it attacks the same target, or other targets around you for X amount of times(damage is not split in any way, so it is same whether you use it Multi or Single)

BB works like this. Hit the button. Any non-autoattacks you deal for the next 12 seconds are recorded and summed up. After the 12 seconds are over, 30% of those special attacks are turned into a damage over time that is put on the target and ticks every second for 6 seconds. So, pop your BB, blow CDs then CS-HS-BT-HS-HL-RB/WSWS-HS-RB/WS and do another 2 sets of your regular rotation and all of that gets added together for some pretty decent damage against bosses.

Avatar is better though for any fight that lasts less than 18 seconds, cause you know, long ass cooldown aside, it's hard to do damage if there's no DOT.

Dragon Roar is one of the rare exceptions that doesn't work with Bloodbath. That was a change they made back in beta.

wait, what? Well shoot. Hmmm, so, Sair77 if you use BB, should you also talent Bladestorm?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure BB works with Dragon Roar.

Just remember to pool rage before you bloodbath. A few TfB stacks wouldn't hurt either.

Basically the more ms, cs, op, hs, slam, bs/sw/dw you can fit in the window the more damage it'll net you.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Gotta line up a lot of burst damage during it. I tend to have zerker rage ready and slam a few raging blows with heroic strikes on them. I also try and line it with C-Smash.

If i do it correctly it will gain me about a 20-24k per second DoT. That seems way better for a 1 minute CD. At least to me.

I'm only 467 Ilvl though

Deleted
    It works with DR. If it stopped working at some point, it didn't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I admit i cant use this skill properly or something. On average i lost 5k dps after switch from avatar :/
    When you use it, you should be popping all the cooldowns you have at your disposal and pumping as much damage as you can into the 12 second window.

Dragon Roar is one of the rare exceptions that doesn't work with Bloodbath.

looks like it works fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure BB works with Dragon Roar.
    you're right, check your logs, DR works with BB currently on live, whether it is intended to or not is up for debate

Best way to synergize BB with your rotation? Macro it with every other 1 min CD you have, which by default is deadly calm. Engineers have glove tinkers, there are some trinkets that have a 1 min CD.

On most fights there will be at most 2-3 Recks and 3-4 skullbanners that you would want to line up with BB

1st Reck on opening, battle shout + charge then BT, pop BB + other 1 min CDs, Dragon Roar then Colossus smash, (berserker rage if the 1st BT and CS did not proc an enrage), go about your rotation.

2nd Reck at Execute, pool enough rage so you can fit 4 executes within a CS: Bloodthirst, BB + DC + 1 min CDs, DR, CS, Exe x 4: You could probably choose to NOT DR during this BB, so that you have a rage-free GCD available during execute phase to pool rage and land more executes.

If you go to attack a Training Dummy or something and you use Bloodbath, you can mouseover the debuff and see the amount of damage it does will stack with the more damage you do during it. I really find it to be an underwhelming ability since it doesn't really change anything you would normally do.

I like the way it lines up with Dragon Roar, so I tend to use them together and just before my Colossus Smash is ready. Deadly Calm also has a 1 minute CD, so your goal should be to use Dragon Roar with a Colossus Smash rage dump each time Bloodbath is up. If you can fit three Skull Banners in on a fight, lining those CDs up with it would also be optimal.

Hmm, guess I was mistaken with DS and BB. I think that might have been a relic when DS did fire damage in beta.

Bloodbath -> Bladestorm -> Staggering Shout = LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok so someone please clarify this to me about blood bath. Does the bleeding de-buff increase with each special attack? Like if I do 100k Dragons roar the bleed will be 30k then I hit for 30k MS I it'll change to 39k? I only tried it once and it seemed like it only had the bleed from my most recent special attack. I did not go to the dummies to go that deep into it. I just went into an instance and changed out of the talent back into Avatar mid dungeon. Thanks in advance.

Edit -fixed my MATH FAIL lol
    Last edited by drm316; 2012-11-08 at 07:31 PM.