Hobbit Kingdoms of Middle Earth

So, after watching a few fatboss videos up pops some video footage of the hobbit, this is always guaranteed to get me excited, then I notice its an advert for a new strategy mobile app based on the hobbit! Excitement ensues and app is downloaded (measly 33mb), and instantly I am hit with a nagging suspicion that this is an Evony reskin, those of you not aware of evony its a browser buy to win game which although very fun and addictive its a short term appeal with a terrible pricing model. Games like the hobbit are everywhere, but because this is fully licensed I assumed it would be a cut above those games, unfortunately it has the worst pricing structure I've seen, I bought 'mithril' which is the coins used to advance your progress, I thought I was paying in euros, even then I thought it was expensive, I then found out it was GBP..ouch is all I can say, to be 'rewarded' with a beginners chest you need to fork out the equivalent of about £20 which is just ridiculous, everything you buy gives you an advantage, it is the epitomy of Buy to win.
    So how does the game play...tragically it is a carbon copy of Evony with just a reskin, and a terribly lazy reskin at that, obviously I havent seen the hobbit, but this game might as well be the most generic RPG inspired strategy game going, lazy character design with a terrible map.
    So for those of you intrigued by the flashy adds, I suggest not blowing any cash at first and just see if its something you can enjoy, I personally will play it out for a bit, the touchscreen controls are quite good and it all runs nicely on android, but really its just a very lazy movie tie in.

Well it had 4 stars on the iOS app store, might give it a try.

Definitely, its free and fun, think it deserves 3 stars tbh, if it wasnt so damn expensive it would get better feedback from me.