Hobbit Kingdoms of Middle Earth

So, after watching a few fatboss videos up pops some video footage of the hobbit, this is always guaranteed to get me excited, then I notice its an advert for a new strategy mobile app based on the hobbit! Excitement ensues and app is downloaded (measly 33mb), and instantly I am hit with a nagging suspicion that this is an Evony reskin, those of you not aware of evony its a browser buy to win game which although very fun and addictive its a short term appeal with a terrible pricing model. Games like the hobbit are everywhere, but because this is fully licensed I assumed it would be a cut above those games, unfortunately it has the worst pricing structure I've seen, I bought 'mithril' which is the coins used to advance your progress, I thought I was paying in euros, even then I thought it was expensive, I then found out it was GBP..ouch is all I can say, to be 'rewarded' with a beginners chest you need to fork out the equivalent of about £20 which is just ridiculous, everything you buy gives you an advantage, it is the epitomy of Buy to win.
    So how does the game play...tragically it is a carbon copy of Evony with just a reskin, and a terribly lazy reskin at that, obviously I havent seen the hobbit, but this game might as well be the most generic RPG inspired strategy game going, lazy character design with a terrible map.
    So for those of you intrigued by the flashy adds, I suggest not blowing any cash at first and just see if its something you can enjoy, I personally will play it out for a bit, the touchscreen controls are quite good and it all runs nicely on android, but really its just a very lazy movie tie in.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

Well it had 4 stars on the iOS app store, might give it a try.

Definitely, its free and fun, think it deserves 3 stars tbh, if it wasnt so damn expensive it would get better feedback from me.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.