Deleted

[Prot]How much damage do you receive?

Here's my question. In our raids I'm always on the first place who received the most damage, meaning needed more heals. Our second tank is usually a monk or a death knight. If to speak in %, for example, monk received 17 % damage, I received 23. And it's always like this. I have 592k with raids buffs, food and alchemy. 7,67% hit and 14,32% Expertise, 39,15% Mastery with the buff.
    I don't think it's okay, but I don't know how to fix this without losing the needed expertise.

How much damage do you receive in what build?

I'd advice you to drop the hardcap for expertise and aim for the dodge cap, and reforge the expertise into whatever secondary stat is best for prot. The expertise will only help you build threat, and with the 300% extra threat you don't really need to be EXP capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    I'd advice you to drop the hardcap for expertise and aim for the dodge cap, and reforge the expertise into whatever secondary stat is best for prot. The expertise will only help you build threat, and with the 300% extra threat you don't really need to be EXP capped.
    I was aiming for the hardcap just for that. When I was trying out the mastery build, I could rarely hold the boss on me or taunt him over. Especially on dogs and elegon. It's hard to hold aggro even now on the second boss in HoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I was aiming for the hardcap just for that. When I was trying out the mastery build, I could rarely hold the boss on me or taunt him over. Especially on dogs and elegon. It's hard to hold aggro even now on the second boss in HoF.
    That sounds more like an execution problem, rather than a gear problem. You gain extra threat from your stance and you also get vengeance from the damage you take. The only time you should have a possible issue with threat is during pulls, but you can easily solve that with damage CDs. For taunting the boss... the solution is simple; tell the other tank to stop DPS'ing long enough for you to grab some proper aggro. None of this require you to parry cap your expertise. Even dodge capping is pretty unnecessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    That sounds more like an execution problem, rather than a gear problem. You gain extra threat from your stance and you also get vengeance from the damage you take. The only time you should have a possible issue with threat is during pulls, but you can easily solve that with damage CDs. For taunting the boss... the solution is simple; tell the other tank to stop DPS'ing long enough for you to grab some proper aggro. None of this require you to parry cap your expertise. Even dodge capping is pretty unnecessary.
    What about taunting when the other tank has enough stacks? You taunt and then try to land your hits, but since they miss, someone else grabs the aggro.

What about taunting when the other tank has enough stacks? You taunt and then try to land your hits, but since they miss, someone else grabs the aggro.
    Then your other tank needs to give you some room to build threat so they don't pull it off you in case a string of dodge/parries happen.

Deleted
    If anything it's wrong with your gear, it's too much stamina for my taste, but don't know if you do 10 or 25. The expertise is not there to give you threat, it's there to give you rage and dps. Use the rage correctly to mitigate damage, and it should be fine. You certainly should be below the DK in damage taken, considering they are balanced around healing part of what they take. I cotank with a DK and I'm certainly below if I only consider damage taken.

Deleted
    20-30 seconds into the fight nobody should be anywhere near the same threat level as the tanks, so there is literally zero chance that a missed shield slam will cause a DPS to grab the aggro. The only obstacle you have is your tank partner being too darn selfish to stop dps'ing long enough for you to successful make the exchange. When my partner taunts, I literally stop hitting my buttons, unless it is for survival purposes. After a seconds, when my omen shows that he has sufficient threat above me, I resume dps'ing.

Regarding the thread issue, tanks normally have something that increases their thread. Defensive stance, bear form, Blood pres, Righteous Fury, Ox monk thingy, if they truly cared about DPS gains anyway, im assuming theres a stance more beneficial to DPS. Only one i can see not being like that is paladins. Everyone else could swap out while they arent tanking, theres no real point not to, unless dots are ticking or garalon mechanics like swipes. You do not need those caps at all.

With the damage taken thing, you have very low mastery, depending on the fight, id say too low. specialy considering that its with the 3k mastery.
    I dont see an armoury link, making it a bit hard to see exactly what youre doing wrong. Same goes for the lack of Worldoflogs link. Supply those, and we will have it easier figuring out what to do.

I personally try different things on different bosses depending on how the bossfight works. Im personally a big fan of going a little of both, prioritize : mastery > HIT/EXP > Parry>Dodge. Obviously going HIT/EXP > Mastery > Dodge/parry on fights where i have a low boss uptime, or boss dps is important. The damage difference isnt that great, i believe its in the difference of 10% in favor of mast/parry/dodge taking less than the Mastery/Hit/exp.

Do you remember to plan the fight ahead of actually doing it? When to use Demo shout, when to use Shieldwall, Banners. Thats such a great thing to do and makes you able to adjust more easily when yu actually have a plan to deviate from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    I personally try different things on different bosses depending on how the bossfight works. Im personally a big fan of going a little of both, prioritize : mastery > HIT/EXP > Parry>Dodge. Obviously going HIT/EXP > Mastery > Dodge/parry on fights where i have a low boss uptime, or boss dps is important. The damage difference isnt that great, i believe its in the difference of 10% in favor of mast/parry/dodge taking less than the Mastery/Hit/exp.
    I do not have a lot of many, and I do not farm it, so I don't have the luxury of changing gems, chants and reforge for every boss. Besides, that sounds very annoying, having to teleport to the city after every boss. I use the same build for everyone and everything.
    Do you remember to plan the fight ahead of actually doing it? When to use Demo shout, when to use Shieldwall, Banners. Thats such a great thing to do and makes you able to adjust more easily when yu actually have a plan to deviate from.
    Of course. If I didn't do that, everything would have been a lot more difficult than it is now.
    With the damage taken thing, you have very low mastery, depending on the fight, id say too low. specialy considering that its with the 3k mastery.
    I dont see an armoury link, making it a bit hard to see exactly what youre doing wrong. Same goes for the lack of Worldoflogs link. Supply those, and we will have it easier figuring out what to do.
    I play on ruRU realms, so whenever I post my armory link, it gets messed up, but here it is. But I don't have a link for worldoflogs, since I never used it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...�дд/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc7570420288; 2012-11-12 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    I do not have a lot of many, and I do not farm it, so I don't have the luxury of changing gems, chants and reforge for every boss. Besides, that sounds very annoying, having to teleport to the city after every boss. I use the same build for everyone and everything.
    You can use an addon called reforgelite (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite) which simplifies reforging greatly, just create 2 profiles (one for mastery, one for avoidance) and if someone has the new mammoth you just walk outside entrance and reforge and enter.(otherwise pray yo got a lock in the group
    Usually takes less than 60 secs